• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Confiscation Begins In Massachusetts

I think it is actually worse than that. Turning them in suggests putting them in your vehicle along with all your ammo and mags, and driving them to the police station and saying "here you go". Since he's no longer licensed, that would be illegal, not to mention an open admission right in front of cops that he's violating a law. I've been told the correct way to do it is to leave them locked in your safe at home, call the police and tell them come and get them.... let them do the safe unlocking and removal, etc.

Not that I would do that if I lived anymore in that effing state. At the very least, the firearms would reappear in NH. It's not illegal if I'm not in possession of them in MA.

Remember. Difference between possession and ownership! You can have your property stored some where out of your possession.

When the cops said they were gonna tear his house apart he should have said good I'll make sure to film it all. Cops don't seem to like being filmed much. Especially the ones that aren't as familiar with all the laws they're supposed to uphold. They could end up doing something unlawful that a good defense lawyer could capitalize on later

Very good point!

Please, understand that if you live in a state which has decided to give you a special treatment, requires licence, requires fingerprints and from time to time state's AG mails you a letter about you being a future felon you may as well prepare. Just like opposition is prepared to face Putin in Russia. You need your own cameras (they have their's), you need your own good lawyer (they have their's), you need good support network and you need to have zero illusions about your rights in such a state.

Putin and KGB do not bother opposition all the time. They do not have resources for such an undertaking. They just need to know where they can find opposition, where opposition works,....etc. From time to time, or when some crisis are expected, one or two opposition leaders are harassed by police to show who is in charge in Russia.

We are talking about an insanity here. Smaller or bigger magazine will not stop a lunatic, one gun per month will not stop a lunatic, live shooting will actually just train him/her even better, some silly inspections are nothing else but harassment because those will only make sure that lunatic's equipment is working. None of that will stop anything but ALL OF THAT will annoy everyone of us and those who would like to get a licence may reconsider just because of these bothersome non-senses which only waste time and money. Is this what we are paying taxes for? Do we need more harassment?

Only recently our own .gov exhibited leniency which resulted in the death of seven people. It was discovered that neglect was wide spread and it will cost us, MA taxpayers, millions. Yet, Massachusetts still have an appetite to harass registered and fingerprinted gun owners who did not do any crime and who support the law, even when it makes no sense. Government can't protect all the people all the time.

We have a right to protect ourselves and if some government is stepping on our given rights it is no longer our government.

I guess my question would be if I had them moved to my Bil out of state, would I be required to tell the police where they were?
And they w execute the search warrant even if you tell them they are not there
Prob look harder, cause they couldn’t find them
MGL C. 269 S. 10 makes it a crime not to tell them where the guns are located, regardless of what state they might be in.

I wouldn't expect them to believe you or me as to the fact that you or I no longer possess them. So yes, they may well rip apart the house looking, and they have no responsibility to correct any damage they do either.

MGL C. 269 S. 10 makes it a crime not to tell them where the guns are located, regardless of what state they might be in.

I wouldn't expect them to believe you or me as to the fact that you or I no longer possess them. So yes, they may well rip apart the house looking, and they have no responsibility to correct any damage they do either.

Would the police drive up to NH to the address given them and look? Seems unlikely (and illegal). Although I have no doubt they would tear house apart even if they were shown the big empty safe where they normally would have been.

To ever own firearms in MA borders on insanity...

Question for those that actually know. Let us say you found yourself in this position, if you could get a licensed friend to your house before the warrant got there, would you technically be “safe”? So long as a licensed person is present to preside over the alleged firearms, and is willing to take responsibility for them, the reasoning for a warrant would be nullified no? How about justification for confiscation?

Clearly, keep your shit in order is lesson #1 here. I wouldn’t want to test it, but I love the idea of the legal equivalent of pulling a Roscoe P. Coletrain on the jackboots....

I read the article (maybe my error) that the expiration had zero to do with the timing of the JBT's. Like his lic expired a reasonable while before all this happened.

Again - The JBT's definitely JBT'd. But this is mAss. You have a license hiccup - GET YOUR GUNS OUT OF YOUR HOUSE AND CALL A LAWYER.

I really hate this state. Again, I hope the SC makes a ruling or two to pound our courts back into the Stone Age on this. EDIT - beyond the current Heller decision that should have been enough, I mean. Because reading-comp is NOT a skill held by your average MA juror.

I guess my question would be if I had them moved to my Bil out of state, would I be required to tell the police where they were?
And they w execute the search warrant even if you tell them they are not there
Prob look harder, cause they couldn’t find them

You aren't required to tell the police a damn thing, about anything. Just STFU!

Would the police drive up to NH to the address given them and look? Seems unlikely (and illegal). Although I have no doubt they would tear house apart even if they were shown the big empty safe where they normally would have been.
They have no authority in another state. They would contact the PD local to the guns and ask them to confiscate. If not statutory, that locsl PD may do it or ignore the request.

You aren't required to tell the police a damn thing, about anything. Just STFU!
I agree. Unless you are a prohibited person, you have every right to store personal possessions out of state. I don't care what. MGL c 269 s10 says. What are they going to do? Revoke or refuse to renew a LTC that was expired and revoked? My wife and I keep guns out of state and always will. Sheriffs in Louisiana and Alabama will tell a Massachusetts chief to get lost.

I agree. Unless you are a prohibited person, you have every right to store personal possessions out of state. I don't care what. MGL c 269 s10 says. What are they going to do? Revoke or refuse to renew a LTC that was expired and revoked? My wife and I keep guns out of state and always will. Sheriffs in Louisiana and Alabama will tell a Massachusetts chief to get lost.
You have to tell them where or face a felony and likely a conviction in a Mass Marsupial Court. What the other state's LE org will do when queried is another matter altogether. In BS suitability cases likely the other PD will say "thanks for telling us" then do nothing and perhaps laugh their asses off.

I think that this type of situation would make for a really interesting case..

IF 2a is a Right an not a privilege. Does having a license lapse, a process/ clerical issue Make you a prohibited person?
Does the license confirm your right? Or does it Grant you a Right?

Maybe in mass this is a differentiation without a difference. But I suspect Strict Scrutiny outside of Mass by a kangaroo-less review of judges make look at this quite differently.

Also Heller. If he never took the guns outside of his home. Without the license, is he no longer at all to possess within his own home?

I think the Mass SJC has made so many pretzel logic decisions that, a higher court HAS to call them out at some point.

I agree.
The system in Mass is clearly an infringement.

I remember reading about an incident here on NES a few years back where someone had moved firearms due to an RO or unsuitability out of state pretty far too like Virginia or something. Of course MA reached out and ended up getting the guns. At least that is how I remember it.

I have read a shitton of threads in my time here and one thing rings true: If they want it they will get it. If they want you they will get you. You can even remain within the confines of existing law. All it takes is one pissed off or ill informed person to take you down. Add guns into it and most think they are doing society a service by dealing with you. No law stops righteousness.

I still remember some old FUDD NESer posting in response to a police interaction gone wrong: “If he wasn’t doing anything wrong then the police wouldn’t have arrested him!”

Yes there are many who believe that. And some reside right here...

Remember. Difference between possession and ownership! You can have your property stored some where out of your possession.

Dropping the bullshit card here, MA doesn't care. I've been in possession and ownership of firearms and had them confiscated because the prior owner got a dui before he sold them, the guns were not involved in the incident at all.

All the efa10 copies in the world wont help you, they're a f***ing joke. Word of advice: if you don't have a firearms lawyer in your phone right now (this second) find two and put them there for emergencies.

You have to tell them where or face a felony and likely a conviction in a Mass Marsupial Court. What the other state's LE org will do when queried is another matter altogether. In BS suitability cases likely the other PD will say "thanks for telling us" then do nothing and perhaps laugh their asses off.

Is I don't know, or I forgot, an option? It has often puzzled me that they think they can pass laws which I will be in violation of if I have a failure with my memory. These are things that often can't be helped.

Also, isn't this a 5A violation? Forcing me to reveal the whereabouts of the evidence against me seems unconstitutional.

I've met a couple chiefs up here that would say, "so he owns guns.... you do know you're calling NH right? [rofl][rofl]"

Lefty:
ed-markey-e5aa40942a07a535.jpg

Further Lefty:
lizwarren-750x.jpg

Look at these two - do they seriously appear to be of sound mind and body??? Crazy and Crazier... These idiots should make a movie together!

If in the future I have a second home in NH and I move mostly all my firearms there I am required to tell MA that?

If in the future I have a second home in NH and I move mostly all my firearms there I am required to tell MA that?

Not if they don't ask. And if they do ask, why would you tell them about any gun that was bought in NH and never saw an eFA-10 or Massachusetts?

And if I still lived in MA and they wanted to know where my guns were, I guess I could tell them they are stored at my land in Maine. It's 200 acres and I only know how to access the storage area by following landmarks that I have memorized... no address can be given... have fun convincing the zero police that the town has to go over there and find them.

Absolutely not.

You should also investigate (talk to an attorney!) how to establish dual residency as far as ATF and NH are concerned. IANAL and it may or may not benefit you.

1. I don't see anything there that says that I am required to talk to police or speak to them without my lawyer present.

2. Cops will talk shit, crazy shit to make you make a move, to do what they want you to. They'll say shit to make your blood boil. They will cajole you with false promises. If you invite them in without a warrant, don't cry later. Keep you f***ing mouth shut.

3. Cockroaches hate spotlight. "I was just following orders" doesn't fly in the court of history. Anonymity emboldens public servants to go extra mile on their personal beliefs. Out "Mark" and the chief. It's all public info. You'll see drastic reduction of public servants wanting to make the news or leave the legacy of being POS JBT to their family.

1. I don't see anything there that says that I am required to talk to police or speak to them without my lawyer present.

2. Cops will talk shit, crazy shit to make you make a move, to do what they want you to. They'll say shit to make your blood boil. They will cajole you with false promises. If you invite them in without a warrant, don't cry later. Keep you f***ing mouth shut.

3. Cockroaches hate spotlight. "I was just following orders" doesn't fly in the court of history. Anonymity emboldens public servants to go extra mile on their personal beliefs. Out "Mark" and the chief. It's all public info. You'll see drastic reduction of public servants wanting to make the news or leave the legacy of being POS JBT to their family.

Boris, we need to forget about our past. Here, in America, you need to have a dialog with the both sides of the aisle, as Republicans like to remind us. The countries we came from did not recognize the value of the dialog, coexistence, bi-partisan policy making and many other cool features which come with a democratic process. For centuries our public hearings looked kind of like this:

View: https://youtu.be/j813qkmLtjo

This is why I am just sitting here quietly and learning.

Back
Top Bottom