Gun Confiscation Begins In Massachusetts

You give up your 5A rights by owning a gun in Massachusetts. I believe the Mass marsupial courts have actually affirmed this.

Sigh. Why am I not surprised? So to exercise one right, you have to give up another right. The BOR is short and easy to read, but I probably missed that feature of the BOR in there somewhere. I'll go back for a reread...

Sigh. Why am I not surprised? So to exercise one right, you have to give up another right. The BOR is short and easy to read, but I probably missed that feature of the BOR in there somewhere. I'll go back for a reread...

The Constitution is null and void in Massachusetts where prohibited by law. Welcome to the Commiewealth, comrade.

Really?? Oopsie!!

I thought it was just that they were NH residents, and not felons.
Per RSAs, NH handgun FTF transactions between 2 NH Residents - buyer must be "personally known to the seller" or possess a NH P/R License.

Also can't "carry" on off-road motorized vehicles in NH unless you possess a NH P/R License.

So for $10 for a 5-6 yr Resident License and a 1 page form, no fingerprints/no photos/no blood or urine samples required, it is well worth it IMNSHO.

Per RSAs, NH handgun FTF transactions between 2 NH Residents - buyer must be "personally known to the seller" or possess a NH P/R License.

Also can't "carry" on off-road motorized vehicles in NH unless you possess a NH P/R License.

So for $10 for a 5-6 yr Resident License and a 1 page form, no fingerprints/no photos/no blood or urine samples required, it is well worth it IMNSHO.
Yes, I know about the ATVs/sleds, I ride a lot on private property. Many transactions between people personally known, that's how I thought it worked and I guess I wasn't wrong!

You give up your 5A rights by owning a gun in Massachusetts. I believe the Mass marsupial courts have actually affirmed this.

The British courts/King George/Parliament affirmed that the gun-owning colonists had no due process rights either.

I am Mark Sahady, the person referenced in the original post. An update on my case is here:

I am happy to report that my LTC is being restored. However, I did have to hire an attorney, which is expensive. Next, I would look to file a lawsuit against the city of Boston. For those inclined to donate, I have set up a fundraiser.

If I am able to win any money then I will donate it to 1st and 2nd Amendment causes.

GoFundMe made the campaign inactive. I've contacted them and am waiting for a response. It wouldn't surprise me if they took it down. I will provide an update when I get one.

That's what you get for not fitting the narrative [laugh]

(that's not meant to mock YOUR situation - it's mocking THE situation)

MGL C. 269 S. 10 makes it a crime not to tell them where the guns are located, regardless of what state they might be in.

I'm having trouble finding that in C. 269 § 10.

This isn't a case of becoming a prohibited person, it's just an LTC expiration, so how is there any duty to inform anyone of guns kept out of state?

My lawyer told me that I did not violate any laws. If you find anywhere in MGL requiring that one tell police where guns are located I would be surprised unless it was in conjunction with being charged with a crime. I have not been charged with violating any laws.

This state sucks. Shit like this is why every adult, and child that is old enough, should have their LTC/FID. Anything happens with my LTC, we have more than one licensed person that lives in the house to cover possession, and more than one person in the family , in other towns, to take possession if needed. Great to have a friend or relative in a free state also for contingency but not always possible.

This isn't a case of becoming a prohibited person, it's just an LTC expiration, so how is there any duty to inform anyone of guns kept out of state?
There isn't. Anything happens, the guns my wife and I have here are going to the deep south right quick. If some uppity MA chief wants to search the bayous around Thibodaux or the dense wetlands norteast of Mobile, good luck to them. Plenty of vicious wild hogs, gators, water moccasins and rattlesnakes infest these areas.

What's that saying about registration leads to confiscation...

"The City of Boston retaliated against Mark Sahady, Super Happy Fun America’s Vice President, for wanting to exercise his First Amendment rights. When SHFA’s petition to fly the straight pride flag at Boston City Hall was rejected, we filed a discrimination complaint with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD). Around the same time Mark applied for a permit to peacefully protest Hillary Clinton, who unsuccessfully ran for President of the United States with the support of the Democratic party and Mayor Marty Walsh.

A Boston city detective called Mark before the protest and asked if protestors would be carrying weapons even if legally licensed. He stated that he pulled the firearms license of Mark, that it had expired, and questioned him on registered firearms. The detective did this although he is not a member of the police department where our esteemed Vice President lives and was not entitled to this information. The detective contacted that police department the next day in retaliation for peaceful protest.

The following day armed police officers from the town in which our Vice President lives came to his residence without a search warrant and in violation of his Fourteenth Amendment due process and Second Amendment rights. When asked if they had a warrant to enter his residence, they stated that “they did not need one.” The officers eventually exited the residence and purportedly waited outside for a warrant to be issued. While outside the officers remarked that they were going to “tear the house apart once the warrant was issued”. Based upon these threats Mark acquiesced and allowed the officers to re-enter and confiscate his properly locked and secured firearms. When he applied to renew his License to Carry (LTC), it was rejected by the Malden Police Chief by labeling him an “unsuitable person”.

Mark is a combat veteran, has never been convicted of a crime, and meets all the requirements for having an LTC. The City of Boston retaliated against him and his own city deprived him of his Constitutionally guaranteed rights. Super Happy Fun America is opposed to such tyrannical actions of government. We will not be deterred from exercising our First Amendment rights at the Boston Straight Pride Parade."

Gun Confiscation Begins In Massachusetts

Why the police are complete a holes example number 1,000,001.

Where are the police apologist bootlickers on this one? Bbbbbbbut they have such a hard job. Bbbbbbut I’d love to see you do it

My lawyer told me that I did not violate any laws. If you find anywhere in MGL requiring that one tell police where guns are located I would be surprised unless it was in conjunction with being charged with a crime. I have not been charged with violating any laws.
MGL C. 269 S. 10(i)

ONLY requires you to tell where they are (if not in your possession at the time) if LTC/FID suspended/revoked or C. 209A/ERPO is handed to you. LE (DAs and judges) interpret this to mean that if you don't tell them where the items can be found is the same as refusing to hand them over and a separate felony.

MGL C. 269 S. 10(i)

ONLY requires you to tell where they are (if not in your possession at the time) if LTC/FID suspended/revoked or C. 209A/ERPO is handed to you. LE (DAs and judges) interpret this to mean that if you don't tell them where the items can be found is the same as refusing to hand them over and a separate felony.

Are you sure that's the right cite? Nothing there seems to read like you describe.

Section 10I: Transporting firearm, rifle, shotgun, machine gun or sawed-off shotgun into commonwealth for use in commission of criminal activity or to unlawfully distribute, sell or transfer possession to prohibited person; penalty

It is 10 - eye as in the letter that sounds like "eye".

Right.

Section 10I: Transporting firearm, rifle, shotgun, machine gun or sawed-off shotgun into commonwealth for use in commission of criminal activity or to unlawfully distribute, sell or transfer possession to prohibited person; penalty

Section 10I. (a) Whoever transports a firearm, rifle, shotgun, machine gun or sawed-off shotgun into the commonwealth to use the weapon for the commission of criminal activity shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not less than 5 years nor more than 10 years.

(b) Whoever transports a firearm, rifle, shotgun, machine gun or sawed-off shotgun into the commonwealth to unlawfully distribute, sell or transfer possession of the weapon to a prohibited person, as defined in section 131 of chapter 140, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not less than 10 years nor more than 20 years.

(c) Whoever transports a firearm, rifle, shotgun, machine gun or sawed-off shotgun into the commonwealth to unlawfully distribute, sell or transfer the weapon to a prohibited person, as defined in section 131 of chapter 140, and if the weapon is subsequently used to cause the death of another, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not less than 20 years.

I'm just not seeing words in there that pertain to whatever it is we were just talking about.

I see.

Or should I say EYE see.

(i) Whoever knowingly fails to deliver or surrender a revoked or suspended license to carry or possess firearms or machine guns issued under the provisions of section one hundred and thirty-one or one hundred and thirty-one F of chapter one hundred and forty, or firearm identification card, or receipt for the fee for such card, or a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun, as provided in section one hundred and twenty-nine D of chapter one hundred and forty, unless an appeal is pending, shall be punished by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than two and one-half years or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars.

Section 10(i) is distinct from Section 10 I.

What kind of a frigging moron wrote this sewage?

Still, parsed...

(i) Whoever knowingly fails to deliver or surrender a revoked or suspended license to carry or possess firearms or machine guns issued under the provisions of section one hundred and thirty-one or one hundred and thirty-one F of chapter one hundred and forty, or firearm identification card, or receipt for the fee for such card, or a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun, as provided in section one hundred and twenty-nine D of chapter one hundred and forty, unless an appeal is pending, shall be punished by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than two and one-half years or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars.

Section 129D. Upon revocation, suspension or denial of an application for a firearm identification card pursuant to section 129B or for any firearms license if the firearm identification card is not then in force or for any machine gun license, the person whose application was so revoked, suspended or denied shall without delay deliver or surrender to the licensing authority where the person resides all firearms, rifles, shotguns and machine guns and ammunition which the person then possesses unless an appeal of the revocation or suspension is pending. The person or the person's legal representative shall have the right, at any time up to 1 year after the delivery or surrender, to transfer the firearms, rifles, shotguns and machine guns and ammunition to any licensed dealer or any other person legally permitted to purchase or take possession of the firearms, rifles, shotguns and machine guns and ammunition and,

Without parsing 129B, then this only applies to FIDs, not LTCs.

If that's not correct after all, it all hangs on the meaning of the word "possesses". Where's Bill Clinton's lawyer?

POSSESSION
A person has possession of something if the person knows of its presence and has physical control of it, or has the power and intention to control it. [More than one person can be in possession of something if each knows of its presence and has the power and intention to control it.]

The law recognizes several kinds of possession. A person may have actual possession or constructive possession. A person may also have sole possession or joint possession.

A person who has direct physical control of something on or around his person is then in actual possession of it.

A person who is not in actual possession, but who has both the power and the intention to later take control over something either alone or together with someone else, is in constructive possession of it.

If one person alone has possession of something, possession is sole.

If two or more persons share possession, possession is joint.

Last edited:
I see.

Or should I say EYE see.

Section 10(i) is distinct from Section 10 I.

What kind of a frigging moron wrote this sewage?

Still, parsed...

Section 129D. Upon revocation, suspension or denial of an application for a firearm identification card pursuant to section 129B or for any firearms license if the firearm identification card is not then in force or for any machine gun license, the person whose application was so revoked, suspended or denied shall without delay deliver or surrender to the licensing authority where the person resides all firearms, rifles, shotguns and machine guns and ammunition which the person then possesses unless an appeal of the revocation or suspension is pending. The person or the person's legal representative shall have the right, at any time up to 1 year after the delivery or surrender, to transfer the firearms, rifles, shotguns and machine guns and ammunition to any licensed dealer or any other person legally permitted to purchase or take possession of the firearms, rifles, shotguns and machine guns and ammunition and,

Without parsing 129B, then this only applies to FIDs, not LTCs.

If that's not correct after all, it all hangs on the meaning of the word "possesses". Where's Bill Clinton's lawyer?

POSSESSION

so after a boating accident you are technically in possession as long as you know where it unfortunately occurred.

I guess if you got a memory loss, you are not in possession. ... I think that modern law is a bunch of big bullshit for the little people.

so after a boating accident you are technically in possession as long as you know where it unfortunately occurred.

I guess if you got a memory loss, you are not in possession. ... I think that modern law is a bunch of big bullshit for the little people.
I won't argue with either of your statements.

Back
Top Bottom