Gun Belts

Any recommendation on Gun Belts? I'm new to this and trying to get my equipment in order. Heading down to AFS tonight to shoot and get whatever equipment I need. I have a class at the Sig academy next Sunday which is for Long distance Pistol shooting and they will have us draw from a holster for some exercises. New to shooting from the holster and wanted to see if getting a good gun Belt will help or make a difference.

How about the BlackHawk products. They one called the Instructor Belt. I only ask because I think AFS has it there and i'm going tonight. Might be easier than ordering and waiting last min.

Thanks for the other suggestions...looking into those as well.

The Beltman does a very nice product. 5.11 also makes some very nice leather belts you can get off the shelf. I like the Instructor style belt but sometimes you need a traditional leather belt. First Defense, as noted above, usually has both types in stock.

Another vote for Andy. Great belts at very good prices with a very quick turnaround. He's a nice guy, and he's a small localish (VT) business. What more could you want?

Just got an A&G Leathers gunbelt on the quick ship program. Great product. I orderd it on Thursday and it was in my mail box on Saturday. The "quick ship" belts are limited to 1 1/2" belts and in three colors, with choice of buckles for $69. You can order custom belts too but there will be wait time.

Very, very good belt.

http://www.agcustomgunleather.com/

I've bought two belts from the beltman. You can't go wrong there. He carries black, square buckle, 1.5" belts in stock. He may be able to get you that in time for your class.

Otherwise, First Defense does carry quite a few in stock.

http://www.thebeltman.net/
Can't go wrong IMO. Quality through and through. Or, if you need something in a rush (pending your location) First Defense in Uxbridge carrys a good amount of 'in stock' gun belts.

+1 on the Beltman. I wear one of his everyday, it's great. My fiancee has a galco belt, which works for what she needs it for. A lot of people have said good things about Andy Langlois's stuff, he's a member here, as well, though I have no firsthand experience.

How about the BlackHawk products. They one called the Instructor Belt. I only ask because I think AFS has it there and i'm going tonight. Might be easier than ordering and waiting last min.

Thanks for the other suggestions...looking into those as well.

Any "instructor" nylon belt will typically do you, I happen to notice people wearing nylon belts, they just kind of stick out to me in most classes of dress. But if inconspicuousness isn't paramount then they are great, they hold up tight and are cheap. I'd go with custom's or purpose made gun belts for everyday type wear. Cabellas has a cheap double duty belt that I favor because they're $40 reg priced and go on sale all the time. Ymmv.

I just received my first Beltman belt in the mail and it looks and feels awesome!

I have great expectations of this belt and its longevity. I went with the horsehide outer, bullhide inner combination and it seems stiff as a board.

I like the Wilderness belt as well for mucking around, but after ordering two belts the wrong size, I realized why I'm not a carpenter[smile]

Another vote for Andy. Great belts at very good prices with a very quick turnaround. He's a nice guy, and he's a small localish (VT) business. What more could you want?

Who is Andy (what company) and what is his webpage ???

I wouldn't mind trying a local (New England) if the price was right. Heck I might even take a ride up there if he isn't to far into VT.

I just received my first Beltman belt in the mail and it looks and feels awesome!

I have great expectations of this belt and its longevity. I went with the horsehide outer, bullhide inner combination and it seems stiff as a board.

I am another Beltman user.
Bill

Beltman. I got one in 1.5" bullhide with the internal stiffener. Excellent quality and it takes the weight a lot better than a regular belt. You can even get them in elephanthide!

I'm curious. Do you guys use belts that are just leather or reinforced belts? Any reason for one over the other? I need to buy a nice belt, the one I have is pretty well broken in and borderline too soft at this point.

Last edited:
I'm curious. Do you guys use belts that are just leather or reinforced belts? Any reason for one over the other? I need to buy a nice belt, the one I have is pretty well broken in and borderline too soft at this point.

The belt I wear (Wilderness Instructor) is two plies of heavy nylon with polymer reinforcement sewn in between the layers. Any gun belt worth calling a gun belt will at least be 2 ply construction, whether it's leather or whatever. Some come with reinforcement, some do not.

Personally, I really like the way the reinforced belt sits.

Back
Top Bottom