Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you consider contacting an MA firearms lawyer before applying? Many of the B-rammers can often be gamed into at least giving you a restricted A.

-Mike

No, I didn't think to do that; that's something I should look into.

No, I didn't think to do that; that's something I should look into.

Well, you are kinda screwed now, unless they can be compelled to upgrade out of the restriction. It's a lot easier to prep your app right the first time (with the appropriate dog and pony show as required) than to show your hand, which is what you did when you accepted a B-ramming. I would never even apply if I knew I was going to get B-rammed or I had already exhausted any other legal avenues.

I would still talk to someone like Joe Hickson or Jesse Cohen. I imagine they would still have some tricks up their sleeve for this situation. You might have to wait, though, or do some prep work. Sometimes the dogs and ponies have to be trained and groomed, first. [laugh]

-Mike

Well, you are kinda screwed now, unless they can be compelled to upgrade out of the restriction. It's a lot easier to prep your app right the first time (with the appropriate dog and pony show as required) than to show your hand, which is what you did when you accepted a B-ramming. I would never even apply if I knew I was going to get B-rammed or I had already exhausted any other legal avenues.

I would still talk to someone like Joe Hickson or Jesse Cohen. I imagine they would still have some tricks up their sleeve for this situation. You might have to wait, though, or do some prep work. Sometimes the dogs and ponies have to be trained and groomed, first. [laugh]

-Mike

Darn, I saw the ad for his class at MFS; I knew I should have taken it!

EDIT: I e-mailed Jesse asking him about my situation; I'll keep you guys posted.

Last edited:
I dropped off my unrestricted LTC-A to Mansfield Mid December. It arrived today unrestricted with no meet and greet.

Darn, I saw the ad for his class at MFS; I knew I should have taken it!

EDIT: I e-mailed Jesse asking him about my situation; I'll keep you guys posted.

I took Jesse's class. It was well worth it. I have not tried to get my LTC, I won't let Boston try to lock me down with a restriction when I will be living in a Greentown in less than 9 months.

I took Jesse's class. It was well worth it. I have not tried to get my LTC, I won't let Boston try to lock me down with a restriction when I will be living in a Greentown in less than 9 months.

I'll just end up reapplying when I decide to move.
That's nice that you'll be living in a green town soon.

Brookfield

Just received my LTC-A, first time, no restrictions. Applied for all lawful purposes, no problems. Entire experience very professional and courteous.
Took six weeks plus a few days from time I submitted to time I had my license in hand.

Brookfield

Just received my LTC-A, first time, no restrictions. Applied for all lawful purposes, no problems. Entire experience very professional and courteous.
Took six weeks plus a few days from time I submitted to time I had my license in hand.

Welcome aboard noob. Thanks for the good info.

No relation to Jeff - Snow's just a dumb alias :).
And thanks for the welcomes all! I've been lurking here a few months, but maybe I'll be a bit more active now that I am a member of the firearms community....

well, i have my dracut LTC interview tonight. i will report back. i've already contacted Mr. Arbabi pre-emptively in the event of a restriction.

Middleboro - green (and painless). Got my LTC-Class listed as "unrestricted" (as opposed to ALP - not sure if there is a difference). Got mine 11/09. Came in on a Saturday, sat down with the firearms LT, he did all the computer stuff, got printed, and photo taken. No nonsense, no BS - just regular chit-chat - the LT is a real nice guy. Took about a month and the PD called me to come pick it up. My renewal isn't for a few years, but I don't forsee any problems.

Hi guys, I am 22 years old and currently a resident of RI with a blue card. I own several firearms and I was curious if I would have any issues in Wareham MA. I know it is grean but I don;t know if anyone has had a recent experience and/or if they are age descriminant...I am looking to get my Class A unrestricted all lawful purposes.

Hi guys, I am 22 years old and currently a resident of RI with a blue card. I own several firearms and I was curious if I would have any issues in Wareham MA. I know it is grean but I don;t know if anyone has had a recent experience and/or if they are age descriminant...I am looking to get my Class A unrestricted all lawful purposes.

1. You must be a MA resident to apply for a LTC in a town. Non residents must apply with EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND SECURITY Department of Criminal Justice Information Services see link. http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/Non-resident_20100126.pdf

2. A RI "Blue card" won't help you get a MA LTC. You must have a RI CCW to apply

Sorry if i was unclear...i will be moving to ma, specifically wareham? Anyone have any specifics on Wareham?

Sorry if i was unclear...i will be moving to ma, specifically wareham? Anyone have any specifics on Wareham?

Go to the top of this thread and click on "Search Thread" and type in Wareham. You will find some info that way, it looks like you may be applying through Onset.

tried that and only found one guy mention it. But he didn't say anything about age?

Last edited:
I just threw this together because I'm moving back to the Boston area in a few months and was interested. Everything is taken from the first post except for Somerville which I changed to orange due to the post I just read (below the pic, quoted). Working on doing a larger one for the entire state just to see how it looks [grin]

Lived in Brighton when I got my LTC-A No Carry, moved to Watertown, now living up by NH in a red town, but moving back to Boston area (trying to find a green town where I can take the T into the city for work) in the summer.

townmap.png

I got an unrestricted LTC-A in Somerville. early 20s college grad, first time applicant. Don't know anybody special either

Wow...

Welcome Gray! IMHO, I would wait. When you receive your (restricted) license in Boston, you are potentially stuck with it for 5-6 years. When you move, the original issuing authority (Boston) controls your license until expiration. You would need to convince them to expire your license early, thereby allowing you to re-apply in your new, "green" town (for another $100). I wouldn't bet 4-5 years of a restricted license on the hope that they would expire it early. In the interim, I would suggest getting a FID, and a shotgun for home defense.

How hard is it to get Boston to expire the license? Can you contact the new town and go through the process, then have the new town call Boston once they do all your paperwork and are about to issue you a LTC-A ALP? Or do you have to chance it and expire it yourself?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom