grace period, buy/sell

kartooo

NES Member
i am now into my 90 day grace period for my renewel,new ltc is approved just waiting for it to be printed and mailed out.
can i legaly buy/sell now that i am expired and into my grace period ?

Yes, but nearly all gun shops are going to tell you to go screw. I am unsure if MIRCS will even allow a transfer because I don't think the system has a way of knowing that someone is legally running under their grace period on an LTC.

-Mike

Yes, but nearly all gun shops are going to tell you to go screw. I am unsure if MIRCS will even allow a transfer because I don't think the system has a way of knowing that someone is legally running under their grace period on an LTC.

-Mike

I was assured that both the MIRCS system used by dealers and the eFA-10 system will fail with "expired license". AFAIK, legally you can't buy or sell anything during the grace period, you can only possess and carry (if unrestricted . . . but be aware that if an officer checks your status it will come back "expired" and get ugly).

been un-restricted since 1976 and always a couple of week process.
1st renewal that took so dam looong !!!!

AFAIK, legally you can't buy or sell anything during the grace period, you can only possess and carry (if unrestricted . . . but be aware that if an officer checks your status it will come back "expired" and get ugly).

Can you provide a cite for the "can't buy or sell"? The statute simply states the license remains vailid during the grace period.

The failure of MIRCS to recognize the grace period is a systems failure, as the system has the info - MIRCS knows the renewal has been applied for, and will know if a denial is issued, so it could easily validate "within grace period".

Back
Top Bottom