Governor Patrick online chat with the Globe RIGHT NOW

Boston.com producer: We're having some technical issues with the governor's ability to respond. Please bear with us.

Yeah, like he said "f*** this" and left. Oh man, so much unintentional funny in that sentence.

wonder why he left???

12:43
[Comment From NeiltheRealDeal]
Gov. Patrick, does your administration admit to mishandling the budget? Don't taxpayers at the very least deserve an apology?
12:53
Boston.com producer: We're having some technical issues with the governor's ability to response. Please bear with us.
12:54
Boston.com producer: Sorry, that's "...the governor's ability to respond." We're trying to correct the issue.

boston.com is having technical difficulties now. I asked the following question:

Recently, a man was arrested in South Station for unlawful possession of a handgun. Why can't this person be prosecuted using the Bartley-Fox law which carries a "mandatory" one year jail sentence? If you REALLY wanted to reduce crime, then you would ask the judges / prosecutors to do this. Why do you think that passing a law that restricts law abiding people to "1 gun a month", instead of putting criminals like this in jail, would reduce crime?.

In the interest of accuracy for the record, he did eventually respond to the budget question:

We have managed the state budget through the worst recession in living memory very well. Don’t take my word for it. All three independent rating agencies have cited our effective management through this crisis, and cited that as the basis for reaffirming our high bond ratings. Three budgets that were responsible, balanced and on time. Dealing with rapid and sometimes sudden changes in the economists’ revenue forecasts. Successfully advocating for help from the federal government. Holding it together for the most vulnerable citizens. All of this is more unusual among states than you may know in the last couple of years. So actually, I am very proud of my team for what they have done and how well they have done it.

followed up to Phil's question also asking why going after straw purchasers isn't the answer then.
It might be more productive to follow up with the time-to-crime statistics which really deflate his argument. Anyone have those handy? Can't find them at the moment, but I know they were posted recently.
Did that seriously just happen?
Was that rhetorical? Even if it was, I felt the need to take a screenshot of it. [lol]
govpatrickfailstorespon.jpg

Props to everyone who jumped on that one. They don't tell us lowly gun rights guys when he is going to be on (but you bet the bradyites knew) so you need to be quick. For those who quickly jumped on this opportunity you did a great job.

We have the stupidest moonbat governor alive. I have no need or desire to "chat" with a complete moron.

CLMN

There are many logical fallacies to this bill but the one that I have a hard time with is the economic forces of an alleged straw purchase. Can a teenager in Dorchester or Roxbury really afford to buy a handgun this way when a typical new one costs somewhere between $400 and $1000? Certainly the straw purchaser isn't going to take a loss.

I'd really like to see some evidence cited that many illegal guns are obtained this way.

Governor Deval Patrick:
Enforce the law. We have a long list of rules and regulations in place already that prevent ineleigible people from [doing stuff they shouldn't]. Our responsibility is to enforce those laws. I accept that responsibility.

I like this answer, it's a fine answer. Too bad he's talking about immigration and not guns.

Linux up! (with a virtualbox copy of windows for that occasional EXE)

I found a copy of Puppy Linux is handy in a pinch. (note to self: don't mess with boot file in future)

And Deval is a tool. Not one person who supports his bill gives any solid facts about how it could possibly do any good.

I am on lunch and also missed it. Thanks for looking out for us everyone who was on the chat for us. As I carry a Blackberry around any way for email alerts from MODS is that possible?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom