• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Governor Healey asks residents to house migrant families amid growing shelter crisis

They snuck that MBTA rezoning thing in when no one was paying attention. Or at the very least people didn't realize the implications. I am clearly not a lawyer, but I have to wonder how this is not a "taking" by government of private property?

I know a couple here will be offended when I say once again that my wife and I got out of this Communist state just in time.

Sadly, most voters will continue to send their state reps and senators back to the State House because "All of them are a**h***s, except my state rep. He got my kid a summer job with the DPW."

It always depended how much time you had to prep them. I used the peanut butter to submerge a heat tab in, made them go extra long. Beef and rocks sucked if you had no time but, given enough time to soften everything and melting a cheese over it, wasn't too bad. Mixing a can of peaches with a pound cake was pretty good. Friggen fruit cakes always went for a flight into the bushes. Beans and baby dicks were about the best cold.
[laugh] I used to collect almost every unwanted C ration fruitcake in the battery when I was in the army (circa 1975-1980). They made a great snack at 0230hrs on radio watch with a nice hot cup of coffee or cocoa. I kept a C rat case box of them under the bench in the computer shelter for anyone who wanted a couple. The guys in my section were grateful for them.
One thing I didn't like (and still don't like) was the "Velveeta" type cheese and would trade that away first thing. Everything else I found to be pretty palatable. When it's all you have in the field, you make the best of it.

They snuck that MBTA rezoning thing in when no one was paying attention. Or at the very least people didn't realize the implications. I am clearly not a lawyer, but I have to wonder how this is not a "taking" by government of private property?

I know a couple here will be offended when I say once again that my wife and I got out of this Communist state just in time.

Sadly, most voters will continue to send their state reps and senators back to the State House because "All of them are a**h***s, except my state rep. He got my kid a summer job with the DPW."
I recall joining the usual suspects ranting about it on the town Facebook page, but that's about it....

Back
Top Bottom