Gov. Maura Healey pledges to push for strong gun laws in Massachusetts

if she doesn't come across as a radical Leftist
What? Isn't she already known as EXACTLY THAT?

believe, and has been mentioned here before by Hoover, she will concentrate on Climate Change and Gay rights
Kind of proving what I said above ^^.

She will let NY/NJ fall on their swords challenging Bruen and she will keep her powder dry for future battles I hope.
I hope not. I hope she messes up terribly, and is not around in future battles.

Apparently it has not occurred to the political elite that 99.9% of MASS gun owners are law abiding citizens, who as a minority politically, suffer 'rule of law' oppression.
Of course it has. Most will quietly comply with whatever is shoved down or rammed up because this life is far too comfortable to just give up…

I had a whole drawn out post to put up but came to my senses after reading it a few times and thinking it would definitely have one of the illustrious agencies knocking on my door. Get what you can any way you can and do not keep everything on site.

I had a whole drawn out post to put up but came to my senses after reading it a few times and thinking it would definitely have one of the illustrious agencies knocking on my door. Get what you can any way you can and do not keep everything on site.
conspiracy theory GIF

I'm all ears Bro. See your in NH
I see your mentality is stuck in MA. I lived in that shithole for five years. Never seen such a collection of self centered shitty drivers either before or since after being there.

And yeah I know exactly what I do when some f***o comes knocking at my door. That’s already been proven. NH has little to do with it.

If you don’t feel comfortable, pm it to me, get a magazine, cut out all the ladders. Glue them there and use a sponge to seal the envelope and I’ll tell you the location... Wait, that’s not how it works you drop it and then you tell me the location send in a message in my cereal…

In all seriousness, all this is, is to further her political ambition to be the first gay female president..

She hits every Democratic checkless perfectly.

She hits every Democratic checkless perfectly.
Nope, she's a person of pallor and was on team Hillary. The cabal running the country is not about to allow the Hillary loyalist faction to rise up again when they've been grooming others. It's why Maura didn't get a promotion to US Attorney or a plum job at the DoJ. She'll be Governor as long as she likes and once Hillary no longer has a seat at the table, then Maura will get some administrative appointment in D.C. (EPA probably) or a cushy NGO/university job underwritten by Bloomberg.

Does anyone happen to know the likelihood of some of these actually passing? Doesn’t Linksky attempt this madness every year much of which is dead on arrival?

Be thankful for GOAL and COMM 2A- New York State is a prime example of how fortunate we are in the grand scheme of things.

The Bruen decision should be able to wipe out the majority of these idiotic bills.
Linsky is the like the idiot cousin that shows up at family gatherings , he's just tolerated but not paid too much mind to by the other law makers.

With the election and re-election of Barry the Leftists thought they had permanent control of the govt. because Hillary was supposed to waltz into the WH to consolidate their power.
Along came Donald Trump and the Deplorables and the Leftists dreams went up in smoke and they are livid still.
Trumps election made them realize Democracy was bad for their dreams of conquest and total control, so they have changed to a search and destroy mentality.
They vehemently HATE any Trump supporters and have convinced themselves we are evil incarnate and must be destroyed thru censorship and regulation.
With the appointments of 3 Conservative Justices to SCOTUS they see their control eroding and are going all out to hunt us down and destroy our ability to challenge their rule.
The 6 January show trials were their chance to destroy Trump and send us a message, but it seems to have fizzled out and was not taken seriously.
Dementia Joe is deteriorating before our eyes and they don't have a viable candidate in the wings for 2024.
Kamala's unlikable and a joke, Mayor Pete's only qualification is his "sexuality", Newsom is a radical pretty boy from CA. and his State has massive problems with the homeless, crime, taxes, anti-business climate.
If Maura is smart and ambitious, she's sizing up the potential Dem candidates and she looks pretty good. She checks all the boxes so if she doesn't come across as a radical Leftist she's in the mix for possible Presidential candidate in 6 yrs.
I believe, and has been mentioned here before by Hoover, she will concentrate on Climate Change and Gay rights which are the current Leftist crusades. She will let NY/NJ fall on their swords challenging Bruen and she will keep her powder dry for future battles I hope.
They can put up a pony and ALL democRATS will vote it in. That's the reality. They will win with that mentality.

She won't veto a gun bill, but it won't come to that. That's not how the legislative process works. In reality, a Governor who does not want to be embarrassed will use her influence with the Speaker to make sure that bill never gets to her desk. That way, everybody wins.

I'm not sure why you're so quick to minimize the elimination of restrictions and the delivery of de facto shall-issue. Both were issues whose redress had been systematically denied in MA courts for years, if not decades, and Bruen made them go away virtually overnight, without a whimper. I'm not sure why you think that's so insignificant.

I'm not disagreeing. I am just pointing out that this year's MA democrats are the same as last year's. Some of these same posters shit their pants every single time Linsky files an unconstitutional bill, and if nothing's happened before, I don't see why it'll happen now.

But part of me hopes it does. Because that'll make ALL these infringements go away even faster.
fetchimage

Do you really think that Maura wants to be president? If so, one of two things has to happen:

1) Either a majority of the country has to go full-blown "woke" radical Alphabet Soup on us... or,

2) Maura has to stop acting like everything is about her sexual identity and maybe start acknowledging that normies still exist and matter too.
I'll go with door number #1

That doesn't mean they want to spend it on gun control. Remember the people that control politics in this state mostly live in places like newton and swellsley they might virtue signal about gun control but they secretly dont care, theyd rather pay for an overpriced round school, a horse bridge, or some other garbage.

This state is also categorically inept and corrupt. They can collect all that $$$$ but the roads are still
dog shit. [rofl]
Newton and Wellesley are not quite the same. Newton was 55% Yes on the millionaires tax while Wellesley was 63% No. There is some big money moving out of state right now because of it too. Repercussions to the tax base in Mass will be significant and long term, causing everyone else to pick up the slack. That's a major reason why I'm out.

Her thing is green energy, mostly. She'll also happily hop on the free-tuition bandwagon; I believe she's already endorsed a law to let college students dip into EBT, if I'm not mistaken.

Guns are about Priority #355 in her mind.
The climate farce will be worse than the gun grabbing, IMO. Plus, I don't really see a path for much help from the courts. The founders never envisioned our "leaders" would be pull some of the crap they are doing. The right to use the fuel of your choice didn't make it into the Bill of Rights.

There are still magazine capacity limits, silencer ban, AWB, different approval for sale lists, suitability, etc. for ALL towns across Massachusetts. The lifted restrictions are only for a small subset of towns, and a smaller subset of applicants there. Yes, as a percentage, it has gotten slightly better for some. I do not think we are in the same boat as before "Bruen", as a whole state, but I'd say so far 95%+ of Massachusetts gun owners have seen no difference.
And the 13th amendment freed only a small subset of people.

Your argument is sounding more like F' them other guys rights, unless it helps me, I don't give a shit.

It took hundreds of years to build an antigun framework along with swaying public opinion to believe the 2nd was for the National Guard and hunting.
We need to undo that mess very carefully and that process takes time to do correctly.

Your argument is sounding more like F' them other guys rights, unless it helps me, I don't give a shit.

It took hundreds of years to build an antigun framework along with swaying public opinion to believe the 2nd was for the National Guard and hunting.
We need to undo that mess very carefully and that process takes time to do correctly.
The only 'rights' any of us are 'entitled' to are the ones we're willing to fight for! That was true in 1776 and it's still true today!

Oh please. You equate the removal of LTC restrictions for first-time crime-infected city dweller applicants with freeing the slaves? Exaggerate much?
Not what he said at all. He is merely saying that Bruen has had little real effect here yet and that is true.
Yep. Patience and frugality. Only problem is that some of us older folks don't have another hundred years to wait. :(

Not what he said at all. He is merely saying that Bruen has had little real effect here yet and that is true.

Again, this sentiment? I just don’t understand where it comes from.

There is nothing minor about the state, after decades of tooth-and-nail court fights over may-issue and restrictions, just quietly giving up on those parts of the MA gun laws without a fight.

Yep. Patience and frugality. Only problem is that some of us older folks don't have another hundred years to wait. :(

Well, sorry, but someone is going to be in that boat, no matter when the process starts. Again, I’m sorry it’s you, but being bitter about it won’t help anyone.

Newton and Wellesley are not quite the same. Newton was 55% Yes on the millionaires tax while Wellesley was 63% No. There is some big money moving out of state right now because of it too. Repercussions to the tax base in Mass will be significant and long term, causing everyone else to pick up the slack. That's a major reason why I'm out.

Where's my shocked face. Every time and everywhere this has been tried the result is always the same, the people who have extreme wealth can simply leave and move somewhere else and leave everyone else holding the tax bag. Now watch the mission creep while the state struggles to make up for the lost taxes. It's a millionaire's tax today, it's a thousand-aire's tax next year and pretty soon it's Taxachussetts v2.

Where's my shocked face. Every time and everywhere this has been tried the result is always the same, the people who have extreme wealth can simply leave and move somewhere else and leave everyone else holding the tax bag. Now watch the mission creep while the state struggles to make up for the lost taxes. It's a millionaire's tax today, it's a thousand-aire's tax next year and pretty soon it's Taxachussetts v2.

Look for increases in sales tax and gasoline tax first. Stealth income taxes. Then increases in fees for licenses, etc.

This way, down the road, if the state.suck is pressed on people moving out of state due to taxation, they can claim they won't raise the income tax rate on us negroes to compensate for the revenue shortfall.

Look for increases in sales tax and gasoline tax first. Stealth income taxes. Then increases in fees for licenses, etc.

This way, down the road, if the state.suck is pressed on people moving out of state due to taxation, they can claim they won't raise the income tax rate on us negroes to compensate for the revenue shortfall.
Toll road expansions, gas taxes and user fees.

Back
Top Bottom