• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gov. Maura Healey pledges to push for strong gun laws in Massachusetts

All the time!! Having >25 yrs experience as a small MA town development and industrial commission chairperson, working with the planning board (nobody can work with the zoning board of appeal).:mad: Towns definitely work with developers to change zoning, make concessions to attract the kinds of development that they desire.

As for Littleton, I hope those apartments add 2,000 new students to the school system and they choke on the expense to meet those educational needs (new schools, staff equals $100s of millions in "investment").

I know one NY instructor offering the post-Bruen NY law required training there and his fee is $495.00. The USSC never bothered to address what a "reasonable cost" is to get a license in NYC! That 16 hr requirement could become a reality in MA as well and the courts will likely be OK with that. Poors don't need to be able to protect themselves from evil! :mad:
I think cost has already crossed the USSCs mind, and I would think a good argument can be made that this would be akin to an unconstitutional poll tax. If USSCs position is that the 2nd is a first class civil right, how can you subordinate it in a way you cannot for voting rights?

two tidbits I hold onto: thomas suggesting that he hadn't considered the legality of licensing yet (with the implication that he could), and kagan asking what other civil right we require a license for.

we're in early innings yet. and we still have a pretty good bullpen.

Tomorrow is February 1.

Someone said on NES they heard from someone that knows another person that bought a scratch ticket in the same town where Maura lives that something big is supposed to happen in February.

w9dyk.jpg

2uqktkeqcq941.jpg

I think cost has already crossed the USSCs mind, and I would think a good argument can be made that this would be akin to an unconstitutional poll tax. If USSCs position is that the 2nd is a first class civil right, how can you subordinate it in a way you cannot for voting rights?

two tidbits I hold onto: thomas suggesting that he hadn't considered the legality of licensing yet (with the implication that he could), and kagan asking what other civil right we require a license for.
Were these things actually said? If not, where did they come from?

something big is supposed to happen in February.
??????

I don't see any logical reason why, in time, things will get dramatically worse.
Have you not seen the new bills that are being talked about?

This
Every bill needs to be reviewed for constitutionality at both state and federal level.
Do you really think this is going to happen in Massachusetts?
[rofl]

In order to get out of committee it has to have a least a mediocre chance of surviving a challenge.
Massachusetts current anti-gun regime is already at serious risk given the case law evolving around Bruen. If they push harder they know it is likely that the entire scheme crumbles.
That does not seem to be the case so far.

You’re serious?
The pant-shitters think the MA legislature is about to do what the NY legislature did last year. The comparison between the two states is built into the premise of the whole thread.
I think that’s not going to happen. You seem to think it could.
It seems to be.

I think @Coyote33's issue stems from him only viewing the impact of Bruen's direct case law that licenses must be issued based on objective standards.
And since that singular aspect of the decision doesn't have great effect here in Mass to the majority, he doesn't see it as important as the rest of us.
The problem is that view is horribly myopic - look at what happened to license issuance in New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Hawaii.
So, how many licenses have been issued in those places since Bruen?

I guess you had no issues with "separate but equal" as long as everyone was offered some form of education and not every town that could exclude blacks actually did...
WTF are you talking about here?

By this time, you're what Felger and Mazz call "take-committed," meaning you've repeated the same hot take over and over so many times that you feel you can't walk it back. I get that. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
The same could be said of you two. Are you actually two different people? Or does one sneeze and the other says "Excuse me!"?

[laugh][laugh]

[rofl]

It seems to be.

The same could be said of you two. Are you actually two different people? Or does one sneeze and the other says "Excuse me!"?

[laugh][laugh]
It took you six months to respond?
Kidding right?

[rofl]

It seems to be.

[laugh][laugh]

.......from January?

You're serious?

@Coyote33
I looked for a compendium of cases since Bruen that showed showed progress in things like serial numbers, protection orders, etc but on my phone wasn'table to find anything great
But I think I found one that fits you perfectly:

She'll push to pass stronger and more restrictive gun laws even though they won't prevent or deter crime. What good does it do us if the court rules them unconstitutional and she chooses to ignore the court?
Doesn't matter if she wants to ignore the court - the cops won't since they are the ones that will suffer the consequences of piercing QI.

Bruen was published one year ago - that is essentially yesterday on the timescale of the courts.

@Coyote33
I looked for a compendium of cases since Bruen that showed showed progress in things like serial numbers, protection orders, etc but on my phone wasn'table to find anything great
But I think I found one that fits you perfectly:

Linking to Giffords, judges?...

1j91LKm.png

🐯

How about this? I get emails on this every day. Sometimes I will open some of these. Make your own conclusions.

1687612205225.png

Last edited:
He kind of did, like the fact that it took you six months to respond. Fact!

[rofl][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana]
I have trouble suffering pompous fools, so I just ignored this at the time. I recently was cleaning out emails, and last night found some of this old stuff I left unanswered. People are still not understanding what is going on in the real world, only in their "wish world". I hope eventually things will get fixed, but not much has changed since the initial removal of restrictions, and it looks like it is about to go in the other direction according to all but P&P, the two peas in a pod.

Last edited:
Wait, did you just own yourself!? Oh, snap!!!
Excited Loop GIF

Who the hell cares what you think or care to remember inane arguments from 6 months ago? Most folk you quoted have moved on and have forgotten you or your opinions. You, apparently, can't let go of being owned.

Yeah. Dunning, meet Kruger.

So here’s my thought

If drugs are killing over 100,000 per year, 20,000 is just heroines alone , and the democrats solution, including Ms Healy is to decriminalize drug use and provide free Crack Pipes and Free Needles

Then we should decriminalize “illegal possession” of a firearm and provide free Rifles and Handguns to the public.

Seems fair and follows their logic exactly.

This old fool doesn't sound like he is ready to accept or implement Bruen to any degree whatsoever. :mad:

"In his reelection speech last week, House Speaker Ron Mariano pledged his chamber will continue to enact strong gun laws, ensuring Massachusetts remains a leader in gun safety despite the threats posed by a “highly politicized United States Supreme Court.”

“We must build on the progress of last session, such as the implementation of a public awareness campaign regarding red flag laws, and continue to engage in a comprehensive review of our gun laws to ensure that the Supreme Court’s flawed decision last summer will not endanger Massachusetts residents,” Mariano said, according to a copy of his prepared remarks."

Back
Top Bottom