Got Wood! Will sport it at Waldron's on Sunday. Who's going?

Get your minds out of the gutter people, I'm talking about the M1A Super Match I was asking ammo questions about last week. Did the deal yesterday.

Who else is making the trek up Route 16?

Steve

Cross-X said:
Will the marksman ever be as good as the gun? [roll]

Well, there is a certain amount of me feeling like the pencil-necked geek freshman who all of a sudden gets to take the hot cheerleader to her senior prom. People may point and stare and say "what a waste", but in the end, as inexperienced as you may be, you you still figure out what to do with her in the back of the limo.

Sunday I take my new philly to the dance. Hopefully I treat her right.

Steve

Ozman said:
Cross-X said:

Well, there is a certain amount of me feeling like the pencil-necked geek freshman who all of a sudden gets to take the hot cheerleader to her senior prom. People may point and stare and say "what a waste", but in the end, as inexperienced as you may be, you you still figure out what to do with her in the back of the limo.

Steve

As long as you love her, she'll treat you right.

[lol]

Lynne said:
Ozman said:
Cross-X said:

Steve

As long as you love her, she'll treat you right.

[lol]

Just don't forget to use some lube.

[roll]

My God, Steve.............
You're taking off in this like a house-a-fire.
First the AR.........now this!
Between the AR, the M1A and the reloading you'll soon be doing you'll be quite a busy fellow.
All you'll need to complete the package is either a decent .22 upper or a nice .22 target rifle.
Scott

I was there... I saw the whole thing... Fortunately, the cops were busy eating their donuts...

Steve did a great job... the M1A was a sight to see... and once the sights were set... so was he!!!

HeHeHe...

Fun match, no pressure and shot 400; Steve 350... I know we both would have cleaned the course except for the lack of sleep...

Time for some 9mm action... IPSC/IDPA... here I come... If anyone is into either, please PM me as I have a ton of questions and need some good answers...

Jon

Cross-X said:
Hey, Steve,

How about a range report on that spankin' new M1A SuperMatch????

Ahhh, the Super Match. My first time shooting a gun like this. Great sites, with the hooded rear apeture and the blade type front site. They had a different style of target than the round concentric ring style paper I had shot at a true CMP match. The 100 yard target was just a black upper torso/bust. Easy to see but I was shooting high right out of the box. Since I had not been to the range with this gun it was not really sighted in, at least for elevation. Windage was fine for the conditions (no real wind to speak of) The 200 yard paper was sort of like an IDPA full torso target, and I had a hard time seeing the bullet holes at that range through my scope. I was totally guessing at where 90% of the rounds were hitting during the 20 round slow fire.

Back to the gun: What a difference a true match trigger makes compared to the factory trigger in my AR. Just a little takeup and then "snap", it goes bang. The weights in the rear of the stock also made a difference in settling the gun down while I bore down on the sites. Have to pick up a weight for the AR.

All in all a very sweet rifle. I'm very lucky to have had it come my way. Still shooting without a proper sling, or a clue, for that matter, but I'm looking forward to lots of practice with this and the AR once I get my act together and join a club.

Steve

Glad you enjoyed your "first time." I know you'll have many more intimate excursions with your new girlfriend.

Now a quick summary of my experience:

- Damn, this thing kicks more than the AR!

- Damn, the ammo is more expensive! (started reloading match .308)

- Damn, I need new emergency replacement parts, sling, sight covers, etc.

- Damn, this thing is heavy in the slow fire!

- Damn, I was was scoring as high as the 450's with my AR, and now I can barely break 400!

... Man, I love shooting this thing! I can hardly wait to start it all again in the spring!!!!!

KK

So how many of us NES guys were there anyways? There were only 8 of us shooting and I know rscalzo was there. Steve was that you shooting next to me in relay 2?

Frank

derek said:
Nickle said:
Congrat's on the M1A. At least I know I won't be the only one here that will be shooting a "real" gun at the get togethers.

Easy there cowboy... [wink]

Hey, I'm equal opportunity. I own a mouse gun, as well as the M14 and M1. My favorite tends to be the Dragunov, though. Not as accurate as the M14 and M1 (they're awesome for rack grade guns), but good enough.

Acttually, I've been thinking about a 6.8 SPC upper for the AR.

Back
Top Bottom