Got burned with an online deal

A few years back I bought a used Dillon XL650 from a guy on GlockTalk.com who was also a regular on AR-15.com with a good rating. I figured he was trustworthy because of his good rating and paid him through PayPal. I got the press but it wasn't as he had described over the phone and I had to wait almost 5 weeks to get it. Without using his name I posted about my ordeal on GT and told him if he didn't correct his "mistakes" I would out him on GT. Everyone who posted in my thread on GT sided with me because it was easy to see this guy had clearly said the press was different than what he had sent me. As it turned out I wasn't the first person to get burned by this guy but was the first person to say anything. People were PM me and asking me if it was a certain person.....it was. After he refused to correct the problem I added his name to my thread and the sparks began to fly. I luckily had saved {still have them} all the e-mails he and I had sent back and forth so he had nothing to stand on and I told him so. I figured he'd correct the problem and we could put it behind us like adults. I suspect he might of sent a letter to someone at GT because my thread got pulled. Someone in GT reloading posted a thread asking where my thread was and it got pulled as well. Because of all the PM's I got at least I know I helped a few other GT members from getting burned by this guy. When it was all said and done I only saved a few bucks after I corrected the problems over buying a brand new press. I learned not to trust buyers ratings and not to expect PayPal to back me up in a gun related transactions. Buyer beware.[cheers]

Thats why I don't buy anything on Glocktalk, if a member has been there long enough and is well know enough then they are above reproach. One of there popular members burned me on a deal and was incredibly rude in emails. I did the same as armed mainer saying what happened and posted some of his incredibly rude emails telling me to "F off" and that "he had more important things to do then deal with a whiny b*tch " and " you will get your stuff when I get around too it". I got plenty of post saying that this was terrible and that he should be banned, one of the mod's said he would help me contact LEO's if it came to that. When I finally got the the stock the it had a bedding job that had been screwed up badly and a huge crack in the wrist. I posted pics showing the damage and a posted screenshots of his original post where he said nothign about the bedding or the damage and posted his username on GT and less then 20 minutes later my post was gone and I was banned from GT. I finally had to call the local police to get my money back. I hate websites where if your part of the "crowd" then you can do no wrong.

Ditto.after it's investigated Paypal will refund your money...just be patient and stay on top of the issue.[grin]

This happened at another website. Paypal was no help. Their reason, "he submited a USPS Tracking number as proof that it was shipped". Hell anyone can print-out a Paypal USPS label and not ship anything.

This happened at another website. Paypal was no help. Their reason, "he submited a USPS Tracking number as proof that it was shipped". Hell anyone can print-out a Paypal USPS label and not ship anything.

Paypal are scam artist themselves.. If you used a Credit Card.. go straight to them... bypass Paypal..

His Reply

OK, the guy finally got back to me. He was in the hospital he says. He said he mailed it out and if the USPS lost it it's not his resposability. The USPS can't find the package. He offered me 1/2 the cost of what I sent him.

OK, the guy finally got back to me. He was in the hospital he says. He said he mailed it out and if the USPS lost it it's not his resposability. The USPS can't find the package. He offered me 1/2 the cost of what I sent him.

So what he saying is "Yes I tried screwing you.. I got caught.. so how bout I give you 50% back?!"

[thinking]

Offer him a full refund of what you paid him and you won't sue him.

If he's telling the truth the PO will reimburse him. I think he's lying through his teeth.

Back
Top Bottom