Got a postcard telling me to renew LTC

So its expiring on my birthday in October and the day I made the appointment I get a reminder card in the mail. I am surprised at this in this state. I would have thought Mauron would have squashed that.
It gave me a link for the form online so at least I can fill it out beforehand.

Baker reversed Deval's ******* policy of discontinuing mailed reminders for all licenses in the state (drivers, professional licences, etc) all receive mailed reminders to renew again.

They dont care for your rights. Only your money.

The actual reason why they send notification is because there is a statutory mandate to.

See. MGL c. 130 s. 131 (l)

(l) The executive director of the criminal history systems board shall send electronically or by first class mail to the holder of each such license to carry firearms, a notice of the expiration of such license not less than 90 days prior to such expiration and shall enclose therein a form for the renewal of such license. The form for renewal shall include an affidavit in which the applicant shall verify that the applicant has not lost any firearms or had any firearms stolen from the applicant since the date of the applicant's last renewal or issuance. The taking of fingerprints shall not be required in issuing the renewal of a license if the renewal applicant's fingerprints are on file with the department of the state police. Any licensee shall notify, in writing, the licensing authority who issued said license, the chief of police into whose jurisdiction the licensee moves and the executive director of the criminal history systems board of any change of address. Such notification shall be made by certified mail within 30 days of its occurrence. Failure to so notify shall be cause for revocation or suspension of said license. The commissioner of criminal justice information services shall provide electronic notice of expiration only upon the request of a cardholder. A request for electronic notice of expiration shall be forwarded to the department on a form furnished by the commissioner. Any electronic address maintained by the department for the purpose of providing electronic notice of expiration shall be considered a firearms record and shall not be disclosed except as provided in section 10 of chapter 66.

They could send the notification by electronic means as well. My assumption is that they are considering the referenced link to the application to meet the requirement that a renewal application be "enclosed".

They don't send non-resident licensees, like me, a renewal notice. There isn't a requirement for them to in MGL c. 130 s. 131F.

Back
Top Bottom