Got a Note from Police Department on my Mailbox!?!?

Well, we have a year to see how living there goes. At least the PD knows that I'm on a lease there so they can tell Betty Busybody it's one of her neighbors that keeps looking at his watch or whatever happens next. I know, I know..... "How do I know it was a woman that called the PD"? [laugh]

Wait until you start walking in with gun cases. I think you may want to clean your guns with the shades down in this new place. [sad2]

Wait until you start walking in with gun cases. I think you may want to clean your guns with the shades down in this new place. [sad2]

Screw that!

Open the shades wide open and clean away. Damned if I'll adjust what I do in the privacy of my own home because some clown is a hoplophobe. Maybe he can stop looking in my freakin window!

I would go to a dept store and buy a mannequin and carry it in and out of the house all day. There is absolutely nothing illegal about it but its the sort of thing that will drive a busybody crazy.
Actually, half a mannequin would be better.

The only officer So and So listed on the town B website is a man's name and I live 20 mins or so away from the PD in town B. The writing looks very much like that of many womens' but I guess that's not really important.

Anyone ever heard of any PD having a note put on (not in) your mailbox for any reason? Any ideas?

Could be any one of a million little things going on, give him/her a call. Doubtful it is anything bad, Im sure they would have already let you know.

Someone with lots of time on their hands is a real busy body.

You have a neighbor from hell .

I had one of those in my Waltham apt. She was my next door neighbor and had lived at Charlesbank since they were built. She had the owner on speed-dial and reported in frequently. She reported me for using the pool, that they had opened 1 month prior to our having to pay to "join" the pool. I had the invoice ready to pay until I got the call on that and then decided F'it and didn't join (or use it again).

It was this BS that pushed me to look for a house early and break my lease . . . a decision that I have no regrets about.

As you said wait and see. If thats the only real time you get a visit from the cops ots just a person being a good neighbor. I had neighbors that were anything but busybodies and called the police once because out of the blue they didnt see me and my truck never really moved. I had my shift changed to graves.

Another time a neighbor peeked out and saw a woman trying to get into my house. They went to check it out and turned out to be my GF who locked heeself out of the house, in middle of a Northern Michigan winter with a light jacket on.

Again, hope it turns out it is people like I described and not like the ones others hage.

I live in a place where at least four neighbours can see my deck. I regularly go out on the deck, with several of my firearms, put them on the table and break them down and clean them, reassemble, and polish them up, real slow..... [smile]

I suppose I could move my reload bench out there in the summer and spend a few hours.[grin]

Nobody, and I mean nobody screws with me. I get "hello Sir" and the like all the time. [wink]

I wouldnt sweat the neighbors just yet. Like it was said before it might turn out to your benefit, people in my neighborhood only call the cops if there is a dead hooker in the street or I'm working on the jeep at 10pm .... my buddys neighbors down the road mow his lawn while he's away for business and help each other split wood. But you better believe they would confront/call the cops on anything fishy.

Just a thought. Good luck

072709kravitzgladys.jpg

I think we are upon a solution here:
Screw that!

Open the shades wide open and clean away. Damned if I'll adjust what I do in the privacy of my own home because some clown is a hoplophobe. Maybe he can stop looking in my freakin window!
+1 on this. Be sure to be wearing nothing but a leopard-print banana hammock and a shoulder holster when you do.

I would go to a dept store and buy a mannequin and carry it in and out of the house all day. There is absolutely nothing illegal about it but its the sort of thing that will drive a busybody crazy.
Actually, half a mannequin would be better.
Perfect! Especially when wearing said man-thong and shoulder holster. They will learn their lesson quickly.
(No pics please.. unless it is of them when they look at you like this:)
Problem solved!
NES: THE source for all your annoying neighborhood issues! [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom