Got a nice bonus at work

Dude!.....I can't believe you let her know about the bonus!

The only thing better than Tax Free Money is Wife Free Money![rofl][rofl][rofl]

Unless you plan to compete you can buy a very nice Ar for under 1k and have money left for ammo etc. Maybe even get a his and hers and have fun with your wife, my loves to shoot the Ar

Why not look into a custom AR built just for you by Remsport Mfg. in Ludlow MA. You can choose the configuration for yourself and not have to settle for whats on the rack. We also have a lifetime warranty on our guns and parts, not all the AR's out there carry this type of warranty. We are not that far from you, we are just off exit 6 of the Mass. Turnpike and you can stop into the shop and look and feel and configure your new gun from our racks of parts. Ask anyone on the forum that has visited us what the experience is like.
Contact us for more information.
John
413 579 1994

Last edited:
Derik this is not true. We do fine pistols, however remember my roots "JDL Sales" was only custom AR's. I have come to Remsport and now we manufacture our own parts lowers, uppers, barrels and small AR parts. This is something I could never have done at JDL Sales. We build custom AR's to customer spec's and we carry a lifetime warrany on our stuff.

My thoughts also. One for you, one to "lend" to your wife. You will be able hold off twice as many zombies.
I was joking, but it is just about feasible if you shop carefully... You blow that budget on optics - glass for a varminter setup or red dots for a carbine, but you can come pretty close...

Rails, gas pistons, lights and all that stuff is where the budget goes horribly wrong, but $2k will get you into two very decent ARs with irons...

Start Here:
http://www.fulton-armory.com/
Go to the "Books & you need" section of the site index. Click on that and then go to M-16/AR15 books.
Buy:
The AR-15 Complete Assembly Guide
—How to build your own AR-15
—by Walt Kuleck with Clint McKee.
and:
The AR-15 Owner's Guide

You'll spend around $50 plus shipping and get educated

It's what I did before I got my 1st AR. Then I had me a DPMS Hi Pro Lefty AR built, Ambi everything with a 24" barrel and a two stage Jewel trigger. Added a Leupold 3x9 scope.

The education was well worth the money I spent 1st.

Hope that helps,

I was joking, but it is just about feasible if you shop carefully... You blow that budget on optics - glass for a varminter setup or red dots for a carbine, but you can come pretty close...

Rails, gas pistons, lights and all that stuff is where the budget goes horribly wrong, but $2k will get you into two very decent ARs with irons...

I was thinking it would be a nice project for them both to build their own.

One option might be a "normal" one around a thousand bucks. and spend the other half on ammo and magazines.

This is what is keeping me from going .30cal .... I can scrape up the dough for a rifle , but the other half : ammo,mags,optics needs to be doable as well .... Don't want no car with an empty gas tank.

Last edited:
The Noveske rifle I showed you at $1400 will outclass just about anything out there for zombie duty and will be accurate as hell to boot. There's not a $1k Bushmaster that will hold a candle to it....

Does Noveske make MA compliant rifles?

My first AR was a Bushmaster optics ready carbine it was the only MA compliant one they had in stock and I paid $1100 for it. and then added a Burris scope for another $300 not a bad rifle fit & finish were awesome the only compliant was the bolt carrier group wasn't properly staked and I sent it back and they did it again ( which wasn't much better ) it served it's purpose than I wanted to build one with all premium parts so I bought a pre-ban lower and collected the parts

I ended trading my first AR and after I built the second one I decided to build a third a K.I.S.S rifle brought in right around $1K , if your budget is $2K I would go with what MassMark suggested you really can't go wrong with a Noveske or a LMT or BCM if you want to shoot irons save the money for ammo or spend the extra on an Aimpoint or Eotech

good luck and post pictures when you get it.

Why not look into a custom AR built just for you by Remsport Mfg. in Ludlow MA. You can choose the configuration for yourself and not have to settle for whats on the rack. We also have a lifetime warranty on our guns and parts, not all the AR's out there carry this type of warranty. We are not that far from you, we are just off exit 6 of the Mass. Turnpike and you can stop into the shop and look and feel and configure your new gun from our racks of parts. Ask anyone on the forum that has visited us what the experience is like.
Contact us for more information.
John
413 579 1994

+1, I'm very pleased with the upper John built me.

While I certainly don't disagree that Noveske makes exceptional rifles, I would probably use that $2K budget a bit differently. If I was going for a tack driver I would definitely say Noveske, with at least an 18 inch barrel, and a heavier stock. If you spend your money slightly differently for a "tactical carbine" you will still be able to reliably hit a person at 300 yards, and with practice have a pretty good likelihood of making 500 yard shots, where the 223 round far from shines.

You can build a very reliable rifle, with free floated rails, very good accuracy, and the back up irons you will need for the zombies for easily less than $1200. Spend the remainder on a good optic, light, and ammo, if you really want that anti-zombie peace of mind. I'd definitely recommend sourcing your parts from BCM and/or Spikes. I personally went with a Sabre Defense barrel (they make some of the barrels for the military), but if you really wanted to you can also pick one up from Noveske (will cost a pretty penny), and again BCM and Spikes have great barrels.

Good luck and before you buy an optic I would definitely recommend trying out some different ones in person.

Mike

So I went down to Remsport MFG on Saturday and got a custom built AR for about the price of an off the shelf job. Plus I had the bonus pleasure of watching John build it. Having been a primarily a pistol shooter except for my time in the Army, John was also kind enough to explain the pros and cons of every part that went into the rifle and answer all my newbie questions.

MyAR004.jpg

MyAR005.jpg

MyAR002.jpg

One of the things I like is shooting out doors year round. So the over sized trigger guard, bolt and mag release will allow me to keep my gloves on during the winter months.

Back
Top Bottom