Goose hunt at MA golf course.

Just heard on the news. One of the golf courses in MA. It's either in Brockton or Braintree, is going to open up their course sometime in Feb. for a goose hunt for all MA licensed hunters...

I can see it now.. All the hunting guys walking into the club house after "Finishing their 18'th" and having beers.

HEHEHEHE
I can't wait.

Adam

I actually used to be part of the group of hunters that hunted the course years ago. Its almost 10 years ago now, time flys. We had some great success there, our best season we took over 150 geese between all of us. Since there was no discharge of a firearm in Braintree the selectman would vote on allowing the hunt, the police dept had our names and the warden sometimes checked us out on opening day. It was a lot of fun and a pretty easy hunt. During the early season golfers would be cheering us from across fairways, that was pretty cool. If you are planning on going one word of caution, these are resident birds that live on a golf course. They have eaten way too much pesticides and whatever else is on the course. They are great tablefare but I would not eat a lot of it every week.

Back
Top Bottom