Good AK?

Yea i dont know about that red flag... i think a FFL and a C&R can order whatever the hell they want... anyways, if youre talking to a dealer i'd imagine its just not worth their time and trouble to be the middle man and make not much in a transfer fee, saying theyd be red flagged is probably better for customer relations than saying its not worth their time... I'd find a gunsmith and talk to them directly....

and there are 153 left in stock the website says.... i've been checking it since i placed my order and when i first started looking at it a few days ago it was at 168 or something... so you have some time...

Ok, Thanks man. Let me know how the thing shoots. Although by that time I better have started getting my own [smile]

There's still 150 left.... not like they're flying out the door.... So you got some time to think.

Just make sure you get the O-PAP and not the N-PAP

Debating between this and a Norinco NHM 90 ... The nhm is 900$ though..

Guess i could just do a mak90

Wish i could combine a mak90's chromed bolt, with the NHM90's untouched threaded barrel underneath that long muzzle nut

Last edited:
OK, here it is as it came in the mail:
ak1.jpg

Here it as after cleaning it up and finishing the furniture (yugo m70 pistol grip in the mail too):
ak2.jpg

Pretty nice gun for the $, for sure! Thanks Flintoid and everyone else for the help.

the rear wood stock and engraving on that is boner inducing.

what a nice looking Yugo rifle. I may have to get one myself and skip building one. That looks very, very nice. good work, dude!

the rear wood stock and engraving on that is boner inducing.

what a nice looking Yugo rifle. I may have to get one myself and skip building one. That looks very, very nice. good work, dude!

Yea the serbian crest is pretty cool. So you know, JG sales is out of the crest stock yugo's. However i read a bunch of people are ordering straight from CAI at the same price, they come with 2 yugo mags (instead of 1 random mag from JG), and people are saying they're getting the crest stocks from them.

Moved. Stepping on his thread, he already bought one

Last edited:
OK, here it is as it came in the mail:
View attachment 73509

Here it as after cleaning it up and finishing the furniture (yugo m70 pistol grip in the mail too):
View attachment 73510

OK, as dumb as this sounds, you may have just committed a felony. If the original configuration was using a US made PG to be 922r compliant (which the majority of them do) and you replace it with an imported one, you are no longer in 922r compliance. Be sure that yugo grip is a US knock off.

that's a "yes and no". IIRC it wasn't acceptable during the 1994 AWB and therefore iffy in states where it lives on in zombie form. no one has been prosecuted because of it so YMMV.

MA AWB mirrored the Fed AWB. Feds say silver solder with a melting point of 1100° or higher is acceptable as a permanent attachment.

OK, as dumb as this sounds, you may have just committed a felony. If the original configuration was using a US made PG to be 922r compliant (which the majority of them do) and you replace it with an imported one, you are no longer in 922r compliance. Be sure that yugo grip is a US knock off.

Yea i got the knock off grip... The one on the rifle really sucks...

http://shop.roninsgrips.com/Yugoslavian-M70-M72-M85-M92-Grip-Yugo-M70-M72-M92.htm

How did you finish the furniture?

I used the tru-oil armorall method. Woodstocks Amazin' Stock Finish & photos - RimfireCentral.com Forums

EDIT: The stock was so filthy with grease and stuff that i cleaned it with shower cleaner.... seemed to work pretty well...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom