Good AK?

Is this a good AK?

Shipping Rifles : Egyptian Maadi AK 47 Fixed Stock Rifle with Arabic Sandscript Markings

The AK-47 gospel says,

CAI/Intrac Maadi AKs - post ban imports, nice rifles. Egyptian markings in arabic sometimes can be found on them. Designed for a double stack mag like a MAK so they run solid out of the door of the shop without any worry of FCG or mag well modifications.

Is this along those lines? I know it doesnt say CAI or intrac.... Doesn't say anything about a bayonet lug... so i think i should be good... Is 900 a good price for that?

JGsales has the sam7 but i dunno if i want to spend 1500 on an AK....

Thanks for any input... i want to get an AK now that things are turning over. Hopefully the prices are down for AK's now too and i can get a decent deal.

maadi aks are made on russian tooling, they're great guns. I don't know if I'd pay $900 for one but I already have a polytec legend.

The rifle in the photo does have a bayo lug. The vendor does offer a NJ/CT option, but they do not mention MA.

New Jersey & Connecticut Customers: If you would like to purchase an AK style Semi Auto Rifle From our Inventory Please add the New Jersey and Connecticut Legal Conversion Item listing located at the bottom of this page . This conversion will remove the bayonet lug and weld the muzzle brake in place .Please Note in these areas the finish may be slightly different than the factory finish since the work is being performed after the fact . The rifle will be shipped with 1 -10 round mag for mag restricted states . You must contact your FFL about Accepting the rifle in this configuration before making purchase. There are no returns on rifles that you have asked us to modify in this fashion .

I have built several Maadis from parts kits, and they are solid AKs.

AK prices seem to be coming WAY down on the free state websites.

i love my maadi. buy it. and hoooooly shit that is what they sell for? granted mine was a ban-compliant one from back in the day, but sheeeeeiiiiiittttttttt. flintoid has shot my maadi and has given it a mushroom stamp of approval.

read the part for New Jerky customers, applies to MA too....i built one from a parts kit that probably cost me about $650 or so..... so... if you don't want to buy a parts kit and receiver and build it yourself, that's probably an OK price... especially with a one year warranty.....

don't know where in MA you are but i was just in Village Sports in westport and they have an AK hanging on the wall think it was a bit cheaper than that one.....

well this one would only need the bayonet lug removed (ugg... hacked off) right? I dont see a threaded barrel.....Or is that piece on the end screwed over the threads?

Where would i find a parts kit if thats what i wanted to do?

I really dont want to just buy any old AK..... i'd like to get something nice. Dont want to end up with a WASR....

Thanks for everyones input.

Edit: obviously that slant cut thing is covering the threads huh?

uggggghhhhh...

So thats another $70 on top of the $900 to massify it! **** me

Last edited:
I just saw a Russian Saiga Ishzmash "hunting" rifle come back in stock from s CA dealer for under $600. May find it even less from a free state.
Doesn't require any work to massify when importing in to a MA FFL. But there's additional cost and effort to convert it to pistol grip and std AK mag use.

So am i correct that the end of that barrel is threaded and that slanted doodad woud need to be welded? Seems rather crumby to have a new rifle hacked up and welded..... Wouldnt that kill the resale value? Can the weld be popped off at some point? How clean would this thing come out do you guys imagine?

ok awesome! That doesnt sound bad at all..

Do you guys think that the prices might drop more? I'd like a nice AK but the costs are adding up quick with this thing. 70 bucks for the gunsmithing, 30 for the shipping, and its almost a thousand bucks. Is a Maadi AK worth a thousand bucks? Or should i keep waiting?

I'd really like to build one.... I think i'm going to get a AR stripped lower too.... but wheras an AR seems like "building" a AK seems like "making". Is making an AK like converting one? I've seen Flintoid's video's and he's got a huge press and a grinding wheel, it seems like a whole lot more trouble than just building one.... Is the only way to build on to get in on one of these build parties?

and where do you get parts for AK's? I see AR parts everywhere but i havent seen AK parts.. do you have a preferred website for this sort of thing?

Thanks a lot for your advice

Edit: and the refinishing? and the holes that need to be filled etc etc.... is this stuff just with converting or do you need to do that when you assemble them too?

Buy kit ... Make friends with guys with tools . Give vodka to friends . Go home with rifle for less money .

Last edited:
I'd really like to build one.... I think i'm going to get a AR stripped lower too.... but wheras an AR seems like "building" a AK seems like "making". Is making an AK like converting one? I've seen Flintoid's video's and he's got a huge press and a grinding wheel, it seems like a whole lot more trouble than just building one.... Is the only way to build on to get in on one of these build parties?

and where do you get parts for AK's? I see AR parts everywhere but i havent seen AK parts.. do you have a preferred website for this sort of thing?

Thanks a lot for your advice

You Assembly ar.....

You Build/make a ak.
http://www.tothtool.com/AK47-Tools_c_1.html

If you buy a receiver with the trigger guard installed and don't mind the long rivets not looking 100 percent you can just use a vise and hammer on those .

So only non normal tools you need is the bolt cutter jaws and the threaded rod press for the barrel .

The CAI Yugo AKM-47 O-PAP OPAP M70 rifle seems to be pretty well reviewed by the AK folks! 600 marked down from 900.

CAI Yugo AKM-47 O-PAP OPAP M70 rifle, 7.62x39 cal, with pistol grip and wood stock. ** SALE **

They're raving about how the O-pap has a double stack bolt or something opposed to the old single stack bolts of the N-Paps and previous.

Has anyone ordered something like this from J&G? It doesnt appear that they offer the gunsmithing that Atlantic does.... how would/do you guys go about getting the bayonet lug hacked off and the muzzle break welded?

Thanks for any input!

EDIT: http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152656

Last edited:
The CAI Yugo AKM-47 O-PAP OPAP M70 rifle seems to be pretty well reviewed by the AK folks! 600 marked down from 900.

CAI Yugo AKM-47 O-PAP OPAP M70 rifle, 7.62x39 cal, with pistol grip and wood stock. ** SALE **

They're raving about how the O-pap has a double stack bolt or something opposed to the old single stack bolts of the N-Paps and previous.

Has anyone ordered something like this from J&G? It doesnt appear that they offer the gunsmithing that Atlantic does.... how would/do you guys go about getting the bayonet lug hacked off and the muzzle break welded?

Thanks for any input!

EDIT: CAI Yugo OPAP M70 for $599 @ JGS - The AK Files Forums

Interesting. I may pick one of these up. Anyone have first hand experience with them? Are they all new or used?

Factory new supposedly. If you click the link for the AKfiles website a bunch of those guys received theirs and are diggin them....

Thanks for any input!

EDIT: http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152656

Can you have these sent into MA to your local FFL? Or Is that a no-go?

the thread i linked to said they do not have a bayonet lug (i dont know what the bayo lug would look like removed/intact to be honest)... but i don't think the muzzle break is welded. So it wouldnt be compliant. If the muzzle break was welded i think it would be good to go in MA....

Would this gun have whats considered to be a "flash suppressor". It doesnt look like much of a compensator... really it doesnt look like either to me, just sorta cool looking....

60085-caiyugozastavaakm-47o-papm70rifle762x39caliberwithpistolgripandwoodstock.JPG

that is a slant brake.

to be MA compliant it needs to be pinned and welded. in this case it's not that there's a flash hider on it, it's that you could unscrew the break and put one on. that's where MA gets its panties in a wad. the issue is with the threaded barrel. derp.

that is a slant brake.

to be MA compliant it needs to be pinned and welded. in this case it's not that there's a flash hider on it, it's that you could unscrew the break and put one on. that's where MA gets its panties in a wad. the issue is with the threaded barrel. derp.

Do you know any dealers in Eastern MA that would accept that gun and pin/weld it for a reasonable price?

I think it is time for an AK again.

Chris

that is a slant brake.

Thats in line with what i thought....

Would a dab of silver solder not be enough? I thought i saw online somewhere than people could get silver solder and even do this themselves by putting a dab on there.... (although i would have no way of obtaining the gun to do it since i dont have an FFL...)

EDIT: Did a search (duh...) found this

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-muzzle-device-pin-weld-crush-washer-huh.html

mentions using silver solder.... which i wonder why everyone wouldnt silver solder... isnt that a hell of a lot simpler than drilling holes pinning and soldering?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom