• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK Question

Hi guys, I'm new to 5.45x39 and have been struggling with zeroing it in as well as or as accurately as I'd like. I'm able to shoot 2-3" groups at 100 yards with irons with a normal 7.62 AK, but struggling with this gun in 5.45.

I've tried a few different types of ammo. I've gotten a 2-2.5" group with the gun using a Sig Romeo, but don't like to roll that way due to the chin weld. With irons I've been getting 4-7" groups that are oftentimes inconsistent, and when I switch from TulAmmo to different types of commie ammo, my hits change quite a bit. What's a reasonable accuracy expectation for an AK74 with irons?

I'm not sure its the caliber that is your issue. You are getting smaller groups with it than your 7.62x39 AKs when you use the optic. So that means the rifle is fine, the issue has to do with your ability to form a proper sight picture with the iron sights and shoot accurately with them.

What gun? Some of the AKs than came in during the last 15 years have notoriously bad QC with canted sights etc.

Back
Top Bottom