gold plating

8thring

Banned
i am thinking of having my walther ppk gold plated by gun depot [i love bling guns]. this gun is a off and on casual carry weapon and might see 100 rds a year.
this company does 12k and 24 k plating; does anyone know how well it holds up? [smile]
go to the refinishing gallery to see examlpes of thier work; i love the puple p.m.s. beretta.
http://www.tandaguns.com

Last edited:
Would you happen to be a "love broker"?[wink]

ip017521.jpg

Don't know how well they would hold up overall, but I would say go for the 12 not 24, and I wouldn't expect the finish to last long at all if you actually carried or shot the gun. I think the gold plating is more for show. If you do go for it, you HAVE to post pictures here!

golds out

just found out it is just for show; it will flake off the barrel and hammer even with minimal shooting, plus it is $600-$800. there is a titanium nitride gold plate that mike larroca does which is also $600. it will wear but does not look like the real thing: scrap that idea. i am havng mike satin hardchrome my browning hi power and installing low ride novak sights. with thin black cherry or white bonded bone grips: thats is plenty of bling with bang. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom