Grabbed an M&P 9mm and Henry Golden Boy

Hey, all!

I know things are getting ugly as far as 2A goes, but I figured I'd share a little bit of good news. My LTC-A finally came in, so I promptly when out and purchased an M&P 9mm and Henry Golden Boy.

I'm going to hold off on any aftermarket upgrades or adjustments to the M&P until I've put a few hundred rounds through it. I've fired other M&P's before, but this one is mine, so we'll see if I like it as is or I feel the need to tinker.

The new ones are still terrible. I just picked up another M&P 40 the other day and yesterday had my roommate pull the trigger. He thought it was broken and I had to tell him to "keep pulling". Then I opened up the package from APEX and fixed it in about 5 minutes.

The problem I have with the M&P trigger is the lack of a positive reset. A defensive pistol should have a reset that you can feel and hear as you let the trigger out. The M&P does not, and requires you to let the trigger all the way out before you can engage a second trigger pull.

Keep that in mind as you break your gun in, and then try an M&P that's had a trigger job already done, and you'll see the need.

Otherwise, a great gun.

Have the Full size 9mm M&P and 9mm M&P Shield. Had Lou at BEC in Peabody do work on Full size trigger, Very Nice now, and did Apex kit myself with a buddy on Shield, what a hudge difference on Shield.

Great Guns, and much happier now with trigger break, and reset.

I've got my full sized M&P at work tonight. I love this gun. It just feels right in my hand and shoots great. 18+1 capacity. I bought mine last year. I'm not sure when S&W started putting better triggers in, but I have no complaints.

The problem I have with the M&P trigger is the lack of a positive reset. A defensive pistol should have a reset that you can feel and hear as you let the trigger out. The M&P does not, and requires you to let the trigger all the way out before you can engage a second trigger pull.

Keep that in mind as you break your gun in, and then try an M&P that's had a trigger job already done, and you'll see the need.

Otherwise, a great gun.

IF a positive reset is important to you the APEX RAM is your solution. Some of my M&P's have it other don't. If I'm shooting it over a chrono I notice the difference. If I'm shooting it in a match it doesn't matter. SupoerMoto will be the first to say if you are relying on a tactile reset you're not shooting fast enough.

Hey, all!

I know things are getting ugly as far as 2A goes, but I figured I'd share a little bit of good news. My LTC-A finally came in, so I promptly when out and purchased an M&P 9mm and Henry Golden Boy.

I'm going to hold off on any aftermarket upgrades or adjustments to the M&P until I've put a few hundred rounds through it. I've fired other M&P's before, but this one is mine, so we'll see if I like it as is or I feel the need to tinker.

What caliper golden boy, a .22?

Back
Top Bottom