Chrome & Gold 1911 Presentation Piece - Argentina

That's just wrong... Bright chrome and gold has no place on a working firearm. If it's a safe queen, well that brings up other issues.

that started life a ballister molina. Chrome plating: thats like putting a wood grain steering wheel on a hoppdie with no rims.

that started life a ballister molina. Chrome plating: thats like putting a wood grain steering wheel on a hoppdie with no rims.

Are they that bad? I know it's no Colt 1911, but I'm guessing it probably beats some of the other contract 1911's. I'm willing to bet that if it's old, it was made better than some of the malaysian/S. American contracted current production 1911's out there today.

The Argentines made a fine FAL back in the day. So I wouldn't doubt that they made decent 1911's, too. I know nothing about them, though.

As far as plating goes, I love it. The last AK I build will be bead blasted and then polished down and then sent to a plating company to be gold or chrome plated. Not sure if anyone is licensed to do that to a firearm, though.

Ideally, it'll be a krink. And it won't be a gay safe queen. The point of plating is for shock and awe. And that doesn't happen when it sits in your god damned safe.

Are they that bad? I know it's no Colt 1911, but I'm guessing it probably beats some of the other contract 1911's. I'm willing to bet that if it's old, it was made better than some of the malaysian/S. American contracted current production 1911's out there today.

The Argentines made a fine FAL back in the day. So I wouldn't doubt that they made decent 1911's, too. I know nothing about them, though.

As far as plating goes, I love it. The last AK I build will be bead blasted and then polished down and then sent to a plating company to be gold or chrome plated. Not sure if anyone is licensed to do that to a firearm, though.

Ideally, it'll be a krink. And it won't be a gay safe queen. The point of plating is for shock and awe. And that doesn't happen when it sits in your god damned safe.

You konw what, I stand corrected. That isnt a ballester mollina, its a Sistema contract Colt model M1927. Nothing wrong with those at all. Ballerster's have completley different fire control groups, the trigger pivots on a pin - does not go straight back. Ballesters are knock offs, I have one - a typical military grade rattle can. The Sistema Colts are exact copies, made on the same tooling provided by Colt. My apologies.

I dont mind chrome guns, just not for me. Though I have lusted for a chrome Browning High Power - that shit is gangsta.

Some reading on Argentine Colts and Ballesters.
http://milpas.cc/rifles/ZFiles/Pist...- M1911_files/History of the M1911 Pistol.htm

Last edited:
The point of plating is for blinding your enemy. And that doesn't happen when it sits in your god damned safe.

FIFY.

I have one pistol that is gold/chrome combo finish, a 1941 Walther PP 7.65mm, matching with WaA markings. It's too bad whoever brought it back from the war had it pimped like that, but a lot of guns coming back from WWII were molested similarly. Years ago a guy I worked with showed me a pistol his grandfather had brought back. It was a '42 P.08 that had been stripped and chromed. Seeing that all parts were matching, I cried.

nps6sx.jpg

"Do these make me look gay?"

Back
Top Bottom