Gold and silver prices are down

Gold and silver junior miners still think gold is $1600 and silver is $20. Will be interesting when they finally adjust for reality.
I'm sure this information is all given somewhere in the 329 preceding pages of this thread, but what resources are you guys using to keep up to speed with miners?

Which 3 do you find most useful?

I guess tomorrow is going to be interesting. They're selling the March CPI report as "make or break" for rate cuts later in the year. I can only surmise that they think that inflation is the only bad thing that is likely to happen, and rate cuts are a good thing. I'm thinking the market will overreact no matter what the outcome.

I guess tomorrow is going to be interesting. They're selling the March CPI report as "make or break" for rate cuts later in the year. I can only surmise that they think that inflation is the only bad thing that is likely to happen, and rate cuts are a good thing. I'm thinking the market will overreact no matter what the outcome.
My humble opinion. Volatility is now your friend.

DJBrad can correct me, but for mining stocks I'd say:
Palisades Radio
Mining Stock Education
Korelin Economics Report

Those three are more balanced, many podcasts that cover gold/silver are too permabullish:
Soar Financially (they have some great guests but a lot of permabulls, who I like listening to, but you have to take their comments with a pound of salt)
Daily Gold Podcast (same as above)
Sprott Money (way too uberbullish, although they are finally turning out to be right lol)
Mining Stock Daily (lot of company interviews - be careful of any podcast interviewing a specific company, they always paint a rosy picture. I don't even listen to them)

For more economic/macro/prepping podcasts which sometimes cover gold/silver I like:
Thoughtful Money
Macro Trading Floor
Macro Voices
Financial Survival

DJBrad can correct me, but for mining stocks I'd say:
Palisades Radio
Mining Stock Education
Korelin Economics Report

Those three are more balanced, many podcasts that cover gold/silver are too permabullish:
Soar Financially (they have some great guests but a lot of permabulls, who I like listening to, but you have to take their comments with a pound of salt)
Daily Gold Podcast (same as above)
Sprott Money (way too uberbullish, although they are finally turning out to be right lol)
Mining Stock Daily (lot of company interviews - be careful of any podcast interviewing a specific company, they always paint a rosy picture. I don't even listen to them)

For more economic/macro/prepping podcasts which sometimes cover gold/silver I like:
Thoughtful Money
Macro Trading Floor
Macro Voices
Financial Survival
All good 👍🏻

I also look for specific guests who also float from show to show every few quarters. Some are great for macro. Some are great for technicals.

Bought some Falco Resources and Banyan Gold, two beaten down junior miners who haven’t really moved yet.

Sold Lion One Metals (they screwed the pooch on their financials) and Montauge Gold (ran up really fast) to pay for it. But still own some of both.

I’m curious about Q1 financials for gold producers and what fruits will come with such a higher gold price and dividends. Maybe cap ex on new acquisitions is a better allocation of cash flow.

I missed the dip today which would have netted me more shares. Oh well, you can’t win every trade.

Is this like stagflation on adrenochrome?

Tamer response than I expected. Looks like we back off of couple of days of gains and then probably get back to business in gold and silver. Anyway, I'm thinking most of the interest in gold is less about interest rate expectations than what might happen in the banking system or possibly geopolitically. Higher for longer just makes fears of a banking system crisis worse.

Is this like stagflation on adrenochrome?

I don't know, but I do know that prices don't just reflect the health of the economy, and teasing apart what is due to what is not easy.

I took a look at the CPI report. There are a lot of plusses and minuses. There are a lot of numbers period, but what 10 minutes suggested to me is that durables, commodities, and non-durables are not holding the numbers up, rather services, housing, and transportation.

I took a look at the CPI report. There are a lot of plusses and minuses. There are a lot of numbers period, but what 10 minutes suggested to me is that durables, commodities, and non-durables are not holding the numbers up, rather services, housing, and transportation.

This probably means the Buy the Dippers will disregard it after a few days and get back to business. They will find any way to justify their bullishness, and a mixed CPI report makes it easy.

The Fed however knows inflation isn't licked, so they're just going to wait to see what happens, ready to cut but only if something serious happens like the Treasury market seizing up or commercial real estate imploding. Until then they'll keep rates up.

I’m pretty disappointed in how miners are responding to the gold price. When miners were mooning in 2020 silver was barely hittin $28 in August. We are not only testing that silver high but gold has broken out way above the ATH. US equities were also pumping in 2020. It doesn’t make sense. Maybe the lack of M2, tighter credit markets, and lack of QE/stimulus is to blame.

I’m pretty disappointed in how miners are responding to the gold price. When miners were mooning in 2020 silver was barely hittin $28 in August. We are not only testing that silver high but gold has broken out way above the ATH. US equities were also pumping in 2020. It doesn’t make sense. Maybe the lack of M2, tighter credit markets, and lack of QE/stimulus is to blame.

Just gotta be patient - GDXJ is up 40% in 6 weeks, that's a huge gain. Juniors are lagging as usual, but they're also finally moving, and some are up 100%.

Some juniors are up 0%, and that's because they have to finance, and the deals are still shitty. Look at i80 Gold, one of the best developers, and they had to issue half warrants this week to get financing. This should change soon with gold at $2300.

Just gotta be patient - GDXJ is up 40% in 6 weeks, that's a huge gain. Juniors are lagging as usual, but they're also finally moving, and some are up 100%.

Some juniors are up 0%, and that's because they have to finance, and the deals are still shitty. Look at i80 Gold, one of the best developers, and they had to issue half warrants this week to get financing. This should change soon with gold at $2300.
Agree on the patience thing. Still the miners are not even close to their all time highs. They have so much ground to recover. Not even at 50% of the highs and we have Gold/Silver at breakouts or about to breakout. The finance thing is a sad affair and the fact that developers with teir 1 assets are granting warrants is abhorrent.

Central banks are buying. Institutional is taking notice. Retail is busy masturbating to everything else.

The Fed however knows inflation isn't licked, so they're just going to wait to see what happens, ready to cut but only if something serious happens like the Treasury market seizing up or commercial real estate imploding. Until then they'll keep rates up.
They're not going to be comfortable with it until they see unemployment ticking up, payrolls falling, stuff like that. CPI is interesting, I guess, but it is also a convoluted mess of disparate supply shocks, most of which have exactly nothing to do with monetary policy. Nothing says lower inflation like a workforce that can't afford to buy anything.

They're not going to be comfortable with it until they see unemployment ticking up, payrolls falling, stuff like that. CPI is interesting, I guess, but it is also a convoluted mess of disparate supply shocks, most of which have exactly nothing to do with monetary policy. Nothing says lower inflation like a workforce that can't afford to buy anything.

Right, but if the Treasury market seizes up, all that stuff goes out the window and they’ll do rate cuts, QE or yield curve control as needed.

Agree on the patience thing. Still the miners are not even close to their all time highs. They have so much ground to recover. Not even at 50% of the highs and we have Gold/Silver at breakouts or about to breakout. The finance thing is a sad affair and the fact that developers with teir 1 assets are granting warrants is abhorrent.

Central banks are buying. Institutional is taking notice. Retail is busy masturbating to everything else.

My miner portfolio is no longer 90% red, so things are moving up. I’m actually green on Defiance Silver, that was a shock to see. 😆 it’s doubled in one month.

Back
Top Bottom