Going for LTC interview Monday!

Woohoo! I finally got my 'packet' put together. I live in Braintree, currently listed as red. They do in fact want a reasonable cause to give ALP, as well as 5 letters of reference. I also have a letter from my employer illustrating the need, and a membership to Braintree R+P, pending an FID/LTC. I am applying for employment purposes. Officer Twohig, who was very nice on the phone, told me that usually they will give ALP if you apply with a letter from an employer and belong to a gun club.

This site has been a great resource for me so far, so thank you all for being so much help. I was just wondering, does anyone have $.02 of advice for me before I go in? I interview very well, am well spoken and polite. I've done the best I can to understand as much about the process and related laws as possible. Is there anything I should or shouldn't do, besides the obvious? I just want to make sure that everything goes smoothly. Thanks again everyone!

Good luck.
Sorry that the Braintree police don't trust you and that you have to go through so much crap to get a restricted license to exercise a civil right.

5 letter of references??? DANG!!! Maybe you should toss in a W-2, credit score, and a note from your mom saying "you are a good boy" and f it a dozen donuts :)

It's just insane to me.... the more I think about the whole application process and how it varies from town to town. And to issue ALP for those that need it for work... grrrrrr

best of luck!!!!

How'd it go? My interviews tomorrow for ole Gadnah-hey. Hope fully goes well. It should. Wish me luck.

While I wish you luck with the interview hun, somehow reading your post made me want to [puke].

...and good luck to you too Josh. [grin]

I work as a computer consultant, been with the company for about 3 and a half years, but now my role in the company is changing. I've been purchasing and transporting a lot of equipment and taking calls at odd hours to odd places. I replace a lot of computers out of business hours. I have a magic trick that allows me to move operating systems to new, dissimilar hardware, so a user comes in in the morning and has a new, faster computer with the same programs and settings as their last computer. Some people don't even notice I changed it out. There's a great demand for this, and the hours I've been working are kinda ridiculous, but the pay is good and I'm earning people's trust.

BTW, if anyone wants a new computer on the cheap, I'm your guy!

Thanks all for your support. I'll be sure to follow up with interview results, and hopefully in 6-8 weeks I'll post pics of my new acquisition! I'm thinking PPS.

wow, 5 letters of reference?! I could barely scrape that up, and some of the people I would be asking are anti-gun people so I am sure that would fly over well.

Screw Braintree, IMHO.

wow, 5 letters of reference?! I could barely scrape that up, and some of the people I would be asking are anti-gun people so I am sure that would fly over well. Screw Braintree, IMHO.
4 of my letters are from people with CCW's, and one is from a friend whose known me for a very long time. Getting references isn't an issue when you have hundreds of clients. I don't have in issue with having to take a safety class, (gotta be safe) or having to belong to a gun club (gotta be proficient). What I do have in issue with is the wait time, most of which is probably gonna be on the State Police. I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom