• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL's Organizational Rally Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013

Met a lot of great folks. Lots of information put out. Bottom line; we absolutely need to make sure this insurance thing does not pass, because the end state is a 100% gun free state. The insurance mandate will be allowed to pass regulations, that can restrict, literally, anything. This will affect ALL gun owners. It's no longer an us & them issue. The "them" are those who support this legislation. Make no mistake; this is a very real threat, with a very real chance at becoming law.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

Met a lot of great folks. Lots of information put out. Bottom line; we absolutely need to make sure this insurance thing does not pass, because the end state is a 100% gun free state. The insurance mandate will be allowed to pass regulations, that can restrict, literally, anything. This will affect ALL gun owners. It's no longer an us & them issue. The "them" are those who support this legislation. Make no mistake; this is a very real threat, with a very real chance at becoming law.

Did they explain what the insurance would protect against? When losses would be paid out? If there aren't any losses paid there shouldn't be much for premiums. Hopefully we never find out.

No. There is no definition-nor ant insurance structure. My understanding is, this would all be fleshed out after passage of the bill. Currently, there aren't any insurance companies that offer this. But, the proposal allows for the insurance company to inspect your home, st their discretion, for compliance. Failure would result in loss if insurance, and forfeiture of firearms.

Just a little history lesson i learned today. We are the only state in America that doesn't recognize the fundamental rights, for individuals. In essence, as a person, in this state, you have no more rights than someone in China, or Cuba, or north Korea. Our rights in this state are based off a court case in 1876, that has long since been overturned by the rest of the country, except here. And, this is why, if you are anything other than a democrat, you are screwed in this state. Read this link, share it, and ask people who oppose your point of view, if they think they are entitled to defend themselves (in this state, you are not), and if they believe that the kkk is on the same moral ground as them (the democratic party supported them then, and, as they uphold the same rule of law today, one would assume they still support them). Here is the link: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Cruikshank

Just a little history lesson i learned today. We are the only state in America that doesn't recognize the fundamental rights, for individuals. In essence, as a person, in this state, you have no more rights than someone in China, or Cuba, or north Korea. Our rights in this state are based off a court case in 1876, that has long since been overturned by the rest of the country, except here. And, this is why, if you are anything other than a democrat, you are screwed in this state. Read this link, share it, and ask people who oppose your point of view, if they think they are entitled to defend themselves (in this state, you are not), and if they believe that the kkk is on the same moral ground as them (the democratic party supported them then, and, as they uphold the same rule of law today, one would assume they still support them). Here is the link: United States v. Cruikshank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, our Constitution does, but they just need to re-recognize it now that Heller and McDonald have happened.

More discussion here:

Massachusetts Constitution of the Commonwealth

and here:
click here

Last edited:
Therein lies the problem though. Our state judicial court doesn't recognize those cases.

Huge turnout considering weather. I know there were a lot of NESers there but I don't recognize a lot of you. I was the guy in the back with the camera setup.

I thought it was good, but was a bit disappointed. Some of the speakers were the same ones that were at N Brookfield, so while they were excellent, I heard them a few weeks ago. A lot of the information was also likely not news to those of us who are online and probably over- informed about what's happening. They gave a nice, and well-deserved, shout-out to PennyPincher for her work in Westford.

That said, for the folks who were not in the loop and haven't been paying attention, they had great speakers and a lot of good information abut what to do now, how to contact your politicians, etc. Jim went over the bills and what they mean. At times I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be informational or comedic, because he kept showing how ridiculous most of the proposals are. The forming concensus seems to be that the insurance bill is potentially the most dangerous one, as it would allow a private, or worse, government-run, insurance company to dictate the terms by which you can own and keep firearms, completely circumventing the need for laws and allowing them to regulate your rights away.

I guess I was expecting it to be more focused on how to get more involved with GOAL's lobbying efforts, rallies, etc. I'm going to contact them and tell them I want in on the lobbying day, women on target, and anything else I can help with to grow the flock. On that note, there was also concensus that we need to do something about how old and White the group in attendance was.

Last edited:
It was a great presentation by Jim Wallace especially all the anti-firearm legislation proposed by many of our legislators. If any of it actually gets out of committee and passes, we could really be in some deep kimshee, this is why we have to put the pressure on. Wish more people would have been there. Hope to see more at the annual meeting next Saturday at the Big E in West Springfield.

As far as liability insurance goes, I'd rather see it for voters than gun owners. Considering some of the idiots that have made it into elected offices the claims would be enormous.

Did GOAL announce any plans for rallies at the State House? How about writing to your reps etc. Having a meeting to explain how Fd up Ma laws are and to sign up for GOAL, well its all been done before.
Other states are planning rallies on an ongoing basis. GOAL seems to be waiting to be invited to speak at rallies instead of organizing them.
Having a meeting of like minded people at a hotel isn't making any headlines for the antis to see and hear our voice.. Just JMHO.
I know I am going to get slammed by the GOAL loyalist here but what the heck, free speech is still intact......for now anyway. I am sure that's on Barry' s list of things to do.

Did GOAL announce any plans for rallies at the State House? How about writing to your reps etc. Having a meeting to explain how Fd up Ma laws are and to sign up for GOAL, well its all been done before.
Other states are planning rallies on an ongoing basis. GOAL seems to be waiting to be invited to speak at rallies instead of organizing them.
Having a meeting of like minded people at a hotel isn't making any headlines for the antis to see and hear our voice.. Just JMHO.
I know I am going to get slammed by the GOAL loyalist here but what the heck, free speech is still intact......for now anyway. I am sure that's on Barry' s list of things to do.

I agree.

I am so sorry I couldn't make it. After working the overnight shift, I was not confident in myself getting there in one piece. The ride home from Boston was interesting to say the least.

Now, if you all want another rally, let's make it happen. I will start a separate thread to see how much interest it generates. No reason not to have one sometime in March. The next major rally I know of is April 19th in Lexington.

I am so sorry I couldn't make it. After working the overnight shift, I was not confident in myself getting there in one piece. The ride home from Boston was interesting to say the least.

Now, if you all want another rally, let's make it happen. I will start a separate thread to see how much interest it generates. No reason not to have one sometime in March. The next major rally I know of is April 19th in Lexington.

April 3 in Boston.

Back
Top Bottom