GOAL, many P.D.'s and the CHSB are out of FA10s

Just read a note on C/L about Fa-10 forms. Sorry, if this has been previously posted to this thread, just wanted to add if not.

"Firearm Transfer Reporting Alert

April 26, 2010

Gun Owners' Action League (GOAL) has received several calls regarding the scarcity of the state firearm transfer reporting form commonly referred to as the FA-10 form. GOAL would like to inform all of our members that the state has contacted us and informed us of the following:

· The contractor who was hired to produce the FA-10 forms for the Commonwealth has chosen to no longer be eligible as a state vendor;

· This original contractor maintains the legal rights to the existing FA-10 forms. Subsequently, no other company is allowed to take the formatting/template from them and reproduce it;

· The state is currently seeking another company to produce a similar form, but must do so through a state approved bidding process which is a timely process;

· The computer system that scans the information from the current FA-10 forms will not function with photocopies. As a result, the state has told us that any photocopied FA-10 forms will most likely be rejected. (Keep in mind that the law requires us to use forms furnished by the executive director of the criminal history systems board.)

With the lack of FA-10 forms and uncertainty of when new forms will be available, the Firearms Record Bureau is recommending that transfers be delayed until forms are available or have them done through a licensed state firearms dealer through the computerized Massachusetts Instant Record Check System (MIRCS).

GOAL will continue to look into the matter and if it is not resolved immediately we may seek emergency legislation repealing the reporting requirement. We will alert our members to any changes. We would urge any members experiencing problems obtaining an FA-10 form to contact their state legislators and report the problem. This most recent matter is yet another reason for the legislature to pass H.2259 GOAL's Civil Rights and Public Safety Act reforming Massachusetts gun laws.

Thanks for weighing in and attempting to help.

Welcome to NES and don't fret about the 'days late and dollars short' comments. We really do welcome enthusiastic newcomers.

Thanks for weighing in and attempting to help.

Welcome to NES and don't fret about the 'days late and dollars short' comments. We really do welcome enthusiastic newcomers.

This. Plus I'm going to give him credit for putting it in an existing thread and not starting a new one. Unless, of course, it was moved here by a mod! [laugh]

Just a heads up.

As many of you know, the CHSB uploaded the FA10 form onto their website on April 30th. I just now noticed that they FINALLY updated it to a correct form that includes instructions/codes etc..

New FA10 form here.

We will keep you updated as information develops and are still awaiting resolution of this situation.

Thanks all for being pro-active with this.

Best,

The GOAL Staff

does staples carry carbon paper? [rofl] i ain't filling that ish out more than once!!! anyone selling a typewriter???

[cheers] j/k

nice work

I just picked up a new P22 this afternoon from Four Seasons and I asked Jeff how their [sic] handling the FA-10 shortage and he said the State has authorized individuals to print the FA-10 form found here > http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs//chsb/firearms/FA10.pdf and fill out by hand. Is this true?

1. Dealers don't need FA-10s, as they file on-line.

2. Had you read this thread instead of just posting at the end of it, you'd have known about the on-line form over two (2) weeks ago.

3. As you checked the FRB site and FOUND the form, is it obviously true.

So just what IS your point?

I just picked up a new P22 this afternoon from Four Seasons and I asked Jeff how their handling the FA-10 shortage and he said the State has authorized individuals to print the FA-10 form found here > http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs//chsb/firearms/FA10.pdf and fill out by hand. Is this true?

2. Had you read this thread instead of just posting at the end of it, you'd have known about the on-line form over two (2) weeks ago.

1) He never said that.
2) Had you read AND COMPREHENDED his post, you would have seen he was looking for confirmation of what he heard at a gun store. A very smart move IMNSHO...
3) ibid..

Hi Scrivener - You are correct, I did not read each post throughout the entire thread (34 pages), I did attempt to searching for a specific result yet wasn't successful. I really didn't have any specific point to make, other then confirming the information I received at the store, as my father was selling his Marlin FTF yesterday and was looking for a quick confirmation, which this site is great in providing.

That being said, not sure why my question warranted your rather condescending response. If my post was so overwhelmingly annoying to you, why respond? (rhetorical question).. My reference to "their" was meant, the "state", as it was asked midstream in a conversation. Didn't think I needed to apply the complete context of my conversation with Jeff here on the board in order to illicit a simple response.

1) He never said that.
2) Had you read AND COMPREHENDED his post, you would have seen he was looking for confirmation of what he heard at a gun store. A very smart move IMNSHO...
3) ibid..

As you said Terra, I was just looking to double-check the information I received vs. the information found in this thread, in a pinch, so Pop could sell his shotty.

Last edited:
Hi Scrivener - You are correct, I did not read each post throughout the entire thread (34 pages), I did attempt to searching for a specific result yet wasn't successful. I really didn't have any specific point to make, other then [sic] confirming the information I received at the store, as my father was selling his Marlin FTF yesterday and was looking for a quick confirmation, which this site is great in providing.

Something readily achieved by going to the FRB site - as you admit having done.

PRIOR to making your post.

Thus making it irrelevant.

That being said, not sure why my question warranted your rather condescending response.

Re-read the posts in question.

If you have problems getting a hard copy FA-10 and Pop doesn't want to use the printout for his "shotty" transfer, I can send you one.

Something readily achieved by going to the FRB site - as you admit having done.

PRIOR to making your post.

Thus making it irrelevant.

Re-read the posts in question.

If you have problems getting a hard copy FA-10 and Pop doesn't want to use the printout for his "shotty" transfer, I can send you one.

Considering the state we live, the fact that an electronic version is found online, was not reassuring enough to me to use. Especially for the sale of something like a firearm. Either way, I digress, no need to turn this thread into a banter.

Scriv: I agree with the others. You pulled the trigger too fast on this one. Sully's questions had merit and your responses did not. You need to count to 10 (or something) before you respond....[wink]

I have to register a firearm can i just print out this PDF and send that in?

No, you have to look at the picture of it on your monitor while you sketch it free hand on a page of loose leaf. Number 2 pencil only.

(EDIT: In case you missed the sarcasm, that was just a joke. Yes, print it, fill it out, and send it in. [smile])

No, you have to look at the picture of it on your monitor while you sketch it free hand on a page of loose leaf. Number 2 pencil only.

EDIT: In case you missed the sarcasm, that was just a joke. Yes, print it, fill it out, and send it in. [smile]
Doesn't it have to be notarized by the Dali llama as well? [laugh]

(EDIT: In case you missed the sarcasm, that was just a joke. Yes, print it, fill it out, and send it in. [smile])

...and keep a copy for your records after yo fill it out just as a cya if nothing else.[wink]

What he said, plus make a copy.

Green town, red town, fill out this form, bow to this or that person, don't show it even though it's not illegal, only buy what you're told. What a bunch of bunk!

Green town, red town, fill out this form, bow to this or that person, don't show it even though it's not illegal, only buy what you're told. What a bunch of bunk!

You're drinking too? Cheers!

You're drinking too? Cheers!

Cripes! People are just getting fed up entirely with the whole thing. No wonder the number of firearms licenses dropped after 1998. I think more people than we realize just dropped their dealings with the state back then. We're the suckers for continuing this long.

Cripes! People are just getting fed up entirely with the whole thing. No wonder the number of firearms licenses dropped after 1998. I think more people than we realize just dropped their dealings with the state back then. We're the suckers for continuing this long.

I think most of them just moved to another state.

Back
Top Bottom