GOAL Files Emergency Legislation

That`s Federal Court, not State court. I guess I should have been more specific, No MA.STATE Judge is going to rule against the State or Ma. COP on a 2a issue.

Then why am I supporting GOAL now? If what you say is true, this bill is just as dead as a better one. Why bother?

if the state wont support bills that respect the constitution then we need to be focusing on suing them (Comm2A) and not making retarded middle of the road bills (GOAL)
I agree, this bill will go nowhere. Unfortunately suing the State would be very costly.

Perhaps the purpose of this emergency bill is to call the legislator's attention to the fact that there is a problem and that the system is broken? I doubt that this problem is even on their radar. This might get them to take notice. In a perfect world they might actually do something about it.

Not that I would expect them to fix the problem. To most MA legislators, gun owners are like the crazy uncle in a family. You endure him when you have to, but you don't go out of your way to actually be around him.

Then why am I supporting GOAL now? If what you say is true, this bill is just as dead as a better one. Why bother?
GOAL is just one of the tools we can use but, sorry to say, this State is a lost cause as far as our 2A rights. We have to many liberal activist Judges who are total anti-gun moonbats.

I would rather have the democrats in Boston spending their time fighting GOALs bills than promoting their own. When GOAL introduces a bill, the game for that bill is "We win or break even". When the Democrats introduce a bill, the game is "we break even or lose something".

This. We have to keep prodding away at this stuff or it's going to be ingrained forever; then it will be assumed.."well you agreed to it"

GOAL is just one of the tools we can use but, sorry to say, this State is a lost cause as far as our 2A rights. We have to many liberal activist Judges who are total anti-gun moonbats.

If none of the tools (GOAL, etc.) are effective, why should I continue to use and support these tools?

Last edited:
I figured they would've introduced the bill with a stipulation like "residents must pay $100 renewal fee every 5 years and non payment will be cause for suspension/revocation" and just have us renew online like with a car registration. No lost revenue and less cost in man hours for processing paper applications/holding interviews.

You posted the same thought I had. If the GOAL bill actually sees movement it may be amended to reflect that. Unfortunately, that still leaves several other problems, like folks being stuck with a restricted LTC for life.

Problem is, people with restricted LTC's get left out of a bill like this. I guess we don't matter.

Something to seriously think about when I renew or don't renew at my gun club that requires a GOAL membership to be a member there. Or, something to be brouoght up at the next gun club meeting.

If none of the tools (GOAL, etc.) are effective, why should I continue to these tools?
Bacause GOAL is better than nothing and we have Wallace on Beacon Hill at least keeping an eye on the bastards who deny us our rights. We live again to fight another day.

I have to renew and plan on getting restrictions lifted.

Reason: Because. (Actually, there will be a well written letter, unlike any of my posts.)

An attorney had been helping for free but since the man disappeared I only hear crickets when I sent an email to find out if he has dropped me as a "client". There are many others who were also participating in this process and I bet we are all in the same boat. I am going it alone if I don't hear back by next Wednesday or calling on Scriv for his services.

I don't need to get jammed up over something like this emergency legislation.

Bacause GOAL is better than nothing and we have Wallace on Beacon Hill at least keeping an eye on the bastards who deny us our rights. We live again to fight another day.

Wait, you just said that the state is a lost cause. If the war is already lost, how can GOAL be "better than nothing." You're not making sense.

Problem is, people with restricted LTC's get left out of a bill like this. I guess we don't matter.

Something to seriously think about when I renew or don't renew at my gun club that requires a GOAL membership to be a member there. Or, something to be brouoght up at the next gun club meeting.

Seeing as how issuance would still most likely fall on the CoP, I'm figuring people with restricted LTCs would do what people do now when they move to a green town a year after issuance. Either having the old CoP Revoke the current license and letting the new CoP reissue. And like with the DMV. Give a print out or email that is a Valid LTC for up to 90 days until the replacement is received.

I have to renew and plan on getting restrictions lifted.

Reason: Because. (Actually, there will be a well written letter, unlike any of my posts.)

An attorney had been helping for free but since the man disappeared I only hear crickets when I sent an email to find out if he has dropped me as a "client". There are many others who were also participating in this process and I bet we are all in the same boat. I am going it alone if I don't hear back by next Wednesday or calling on Scriv for his services.

I don't need to get jammed up over something like this emergency legislation.

Let me guess? The Red Town Express that blew and thread deleted shortly after it was even stated?

Seeing as how issuance would still most likely fall on the CoP, I'm figuring people with restricted LTCs would do what people do now when they move to a green town a year after issuance. Either having the old CoP Revoke the current license and letting the new CoP reissue. And like with the DMV. Give a print out or email that is a Valid LTC for up to 90 days until the replacement is received.

If an LTC is good for life, none of this matters.

- - - Updated - - -

GOAL does not fund lawsuits. It is not their purpose.

Of course it's not. [rofl]

Processing the renewals costs the state more than they take in. Did anyone think of that?

As to the restrictions issue, as E.C. mentioned, go to post 28 you'll see legislation which removes restrictions and makes an LTC "shall issue" unless the person is federally prohibited.

As to what GOAL does, we'd most likely have one gun a month if it wasn't for GOAL members. We'd most likely have legislation which would have forced every licensed FFL in MA to shut down if it wasn't for GOAL members.

GOAL members also blocked the legislation which was proposed immediately after the Westfield incident a few years ago, that would have had a dramatic effect on things like NES shoots.

Say what you want about the effectiveness of GOAL and their members, saying that they don't do anything is not accurate.

Remember MA has 80+ percent Democrat legislators and most of the ones in power are no friend of the Second Amendment. Until that changes those that want a more 2A friendly environment in MA are playing defense.

That's the reality.

What are YOU going to do about it?

Wait, you just said that the state is a lost cause. If the war is already lost, how can GOAL be "better than nothing." You're not making sense.
Yes, it`s a lost cause as far as being a pro-gun State but we don`t just roll over for the anti`s. When they screw us at least GOAL is there to let them know we are paying attention.

Yes, it`s a lost cause as far as being a pro-gun State but we don`t just roll over for the anti`s. When they screw us at least GOAL is there to let them know we are paying attention.

So the goal here is simply to remind anti-gunners that we're here? Really?

It occurs to me that GOAL's mission is not very well understood.....

We need a whole organization to remind someone that "we are here?"

Processing the renewals costs the state more than they take in. Did anyone think of that?

As to the restrictions issue, as E.C. mentioned, go to post 28 you'll see legislation which removes restrictions and makes an LTC "shall issue" unless the person is federally prohibited.

As to what GOAL does, we'd most likely have one gun a month if it wasn't for GOAL members. We'd most likely have legislation which would have forced every licensed FFL in MA to shut down if it wasn't for GOAL members.

GOAL members also blocked the legislation which was proposed immediately after the Westfield incident a few years ago, that would have had a dramatic effect on things like NES shoots.

Say what you want about the effectiveness of GOAL and their members, saying that they don't do anything is not accurate.

Remember MA has 80+ percent Democrat legislators and most of the ones in power are no friend of the Second Amendment. Until that changes those that want a more 2A friendly environment in MA are playing defense.

That's the reality.

What are YOU going to do about it?

Mike, couple questions.
1. Could this legislation make it near impossible to get restrictions removed if the IA in your town refuses to lift restrictions - even if you move? Lets assume this bill passes but then the restrictions bill does not.

2. Is there anything GOAL members can do now to help move this and the other bills along?
Aside from the standard Call Legislators and Talk to our Clubs.

We need a whole organization to remind someone that "we are here?"

Yeah we do. 15,000 Goal members out of 300,000 gun owners, you want to go to the Statehouse instead of Jim, as an individual gun owner, pleading your case to elected officials who couldn't give a shit about you??

What about "Right to keep and bear arms" don't the dear legislators understand ?
A restricted license is like being "a little pregnant" you either can keep and bear arms per the Constitution or you're a felon and do not have that right. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom