• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Files Emergency Legislation

DOA

#9: An Act Removing Change of Address Civil Rights Penalties: This bill removes the harsh penalties for failure to file change of address.
#11: An Act Relative to the Lawful Sale of Ammunition: This bill has been redrafted from earlier versions and would allow for the mail order of ammunition and components.

NEVER ALIVE ENOUGH TO BE CONSIDERED DOA

#1: An Act Relative to Constitutional Rights: This legislation creates a new section of law that provides a presumption that the right
to keep and bear arms is an individual civil right. It also provides protections against other government entities in the state from passing laws and regulations restricting that right.
#2: An Act Relative to Equitable Firearm License Fees: This bill drops the current license fees for FID and LTC to $40. $20 goes to the state and $20 goes to the city/town.
#3: An Act Relative to Fair Licensing: This bill creates a “shall issue” LTC and removes restriction language.
#4: An Act Relative to Firearm License Disqualifiers: This bill puts language in the FID and LTC laws: “When determining the status of a prohibited person in regards to convictions, the determination shall only be made using the penalties and sentences in place at the time of conviction.”
#5: An Act Relative to Non-Resident Second Amendment Civil Rights: This bill cleans up the nonresident LTC language making it a “shall issue”, extending the license to six years, establishing a prohibited person, etc.

HAHAHA

#10: An Act Repealing the Ban on Modern Sporting Arms: This bill removes ban on modern sporting rifles and magazines.
#12: An Act Relative to Unloaded Rifles or Shotguns: Repeals the law mandating the rifles and shotguns be enclosed in a case while on a public way.
#13: An Act Relative to the Lawful Sale of Handguns: Removes the AG’s authority to regulate weapons and repeals any previous regulations.

You'll see those....when I see this.
pork-on-the-wing.jpg

Might as well file a bill to repeal NFA while we're at it haha

We disagree. In my opinion GOAL should be fighting big, loud battles to bring attention to the war. Losing battles loudly does more for the war than winning quietly.

You might be right. Maybe time to throw out the "catch more flies with honey, than vinegar" routine. I just don't see the legislature and governor ever coming over to our side in a substantial way. At best, GOAL might be able to hold them at bay while Comm2A does the heavy lifting.

#11: An Act Relative to the Lawful Sale of Ammunition: This bill has been redrafted from earlier versions and would allow for the mail order of ammunition and components.

Ok that right there is BS. It is NOT illegal to buy ammunition through "mail". What needs to happen is for the AG to get that bug out of their ass and stop harassing out of state companies. For "mail" order the transaction occurs out of state.

Ok that right there is BS. It is NOT illegal to buy ammunition through "mail". What needs to happen is for the AG to get that bug out of their ass and stop harassing out of state companies. For "mail" order the transaction occurs out of state.

I know. It's B.S. bluffing from the AG that managed to scare them all. It's not the law itself, it's what the distributors think. I bet this is made to clarify to the dealers that your skin won't boil off if you ship to MA.

I'm sure a police armory expert will come in and testify on the states behalf that ammo explodes in delivery trucks if it gets too hot.

Ya as others have said, MA seems to be resigned to having anything fixed on a national level/in the courts. As the dems/sheep/libs/retards/legislators in this state are too far gone and guns are VERY ICKY here. I can see a scenario where GOAL goes BIG and loud and people in Cambridge notice and use it as a platform to further control... Sad, but I believe reality at this point.

The courts are going to need to force them to change for anything meaningful at this point. [sad]

You might be right. Maybe time to throw out the "catch more flies with honey, than vinegar" routine. I just don't see the legislature and governor ever coming over to our side in a substantial way. At best, GOAL might be able to hold them at bay while Comm2A does the heavy lifting.

Maybe I'm just over-reacting. It just seems to me that if they were going to work to file "emergency legislation," they should be focusing on a fix and not on a symptom of the larger problem. They have a list of good battles, just seems like this one is less important than many of the others.

That only works if the state follows it. Drive thru NY and see how well FOPA holds up. Moonbat states do whatever they want.

This.

When I go to Michigan every summer, you have to drive right through with no stopping or anything if you have guns/ammo in your car. It's bullshit.

This is another example of trying to legislate the symptom rather than the problem. Bring us some legislation that makes it illegal for the AG's office to coerce out of state businesses under penalty of prison time. Or legislation that forces Chiefs who break the law to serve time. Both of the suggested laws are nothing but tacit approvals of the underlying practice that causes the issue. (Long delays in the case of Chiefs ignoring the 40 day law, and pseudo bans on mail-order ammo in the other case.)

I'd love for our resident GOAL board members to weigh in here.

This is another example of trying to legislate the symptom rather than the problem. Bring us some legislation that makes it illegal for the AG's office to coerce out of state businesses under penalty of prison time. Or legislation that forces Chiefs who break the law to serve time. Both of the suggested laws are nothing but tacit approvals of the underlying practice that causes the issue. (Long delays in the case of Chiefs ignoring the 40 day law, and pseudo bans on mail-order ammo in the other case.)I'd love for our resident GOAL board members to weigh in here.

I hear what you are saying, but that legislation will go absolutely nowhere in this state.....

I hear what you are saying, but that legislation will go absolutely nowhere in this state.....

Not if it's never introduced because people have already lost the battle in their own minds.

If the state is unable to give a response within the 40 days, it should default to an immediate issue on the 41st day. The state failed to uphold its end of the contract.

This... It should default to issue on day 41 with NO RESTRICTIONS. Furthermore if the issuing authority does not issue on day 41 then the applicant can sue - at the issuing authorities expense. That would get things moving for sure...

This... It should default to issue on day 41 with NO RESTRICTIONS. Furthermore if the issuing authority does not issue on day 41 then the applicant can sue - at the issuing authorities expense. That would get things moving for sure...

Yes, exactly. We shouldn't have to pay out of our pocket for these **** ups. It should be on the city, town, or state to foot the damn bill, for ****ing us around so much.

I think the Mass Gun Law Reform push that GOAL did a few years back was a good attempt at "going big". It went nowhere. The vast majority of "the people" in Mass. think the gun laws are either just fine, or not tough enough.

We currently don't have numbers to make any big changes.

I think the Mass Gun Law Reform push that GOAL did a few years back was a good attempt at "going big". It went nowhere. The vast majority of "the people" in Mass. think the gun laws are either just fine, or not tough enough.

We currently don't have numbers to make any big changes.

It convinced me to become a life member and to become more educated about the shit that our government is getting away with. They got my attention. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

It's not BS. GOAL's bill specifically addresses the area in the law that the AG has been (wrongly) using to go after out-of-state vendors.

Then what the hell do you want? A big bill to rewrite all of the laws is meh, and you rail about small bills to chip away. What other option is there?

Not going to speak for Neil, but in my case I want to see specific legislation targeting the root causes of these many problems, preferably in ways that hold government officials directly accountable in a real way.

It convinced me to become a life member and to become more educated about the shit that our government is getting away with. They got my attention. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Now we need about 3 million more people to have the same epiphany. [thinking]

I'm betting that if you put those same laws on a state wide ballot, they would lose big.

We disagree. In my opinion GOAL should be fighting big, loud battles to bring attention to the war. Losing battles loudly does more for the war than winning quietly.
and where is the money going to come from? You do realize that no Judge is going to side w/us against the State or a COP on a 2A issue?

Then what the hell do you want? A big bill to rewrite all of the laws is meh, and you rail about small bills to chip away. What other option is there?

I didn't say big bills are "Meh", I said the one in the OP is meh. That's my opinion and I am allowed to it last time I checked.

- - - Updated - - -

These bills go no where, and I want some real changes in this state. Ask me what needs to be done? I don't know. To me, whatever it is, it isn't enough.

I didn't say big bills are "Meh", I said the one in the OP is meh. That's my opinion and I am allowed to it last time I checked.

- - - Updated - - -

These bills go no where, and I want some real changes in this state. Ask me what needs to be done? I don't know. To me, whatever it is, it isn't enough.

Just for the record, GOAL had gone 'big' for the last few years. Take a look at the list of bills (in post 28) that GOAL will file this year. Almost that entire list (and some other stuff) was included in the blockbuster bill that GOAL has been pushing for the last few years. It went nowhere.

Some gun-friendly legislators advised us to split it up and go after it in pieces. Those are the bills in post #28.

Now we need about 3 million more people to have the same epiphany. [thinking]

I'm betting that if you put those same laws on a state wide ballot, they would lose big.

Why do we need 3 million people, and why would we need a ballot initiative? In the case of the long licensing delays we only need to get an existing law enforced. It really shouldn't take half of the population of MA and an election cycle to make that happen.

Where is the punishment for discretionary licensing?? That to me is some of the biggest dog shit in this state!

Where is the punishment for the city, town and state ****ing you around for 9 months to get your LTC, then when you get it, it's restricted for no reason?????

Where is the punishment for restricting licenses for no reason?

Where is the punishment for not following the 40 day LAW???

Where is the punishment where it takes 4 months just to get an appointment for the LTC, than you still need to wait another 4 months for the LTC???

There is no punishment on their end, ever. We get ****ed with and screwed every day all day, and no one does a ****ing thing about it. We are punished day in and day out, why isn't the state held to the same standard???????

Back
Top Bottom