• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Files Emergency Legislation

... As for getting more 2A people elected.....you have to get new voters, first. Or, change the mindset of the ones we have.

I'm guessing that most on here have little interest in wheat subsidies and tariffs on inported orange juice concentrate; to a Non, 2A issues have the same impact.

The hot-button election issues for most in the PRM are not guns and LTC issues. Until more people become shooters, this will stay that way. ...

Interesting you say that:
something strange...

GOAL Executive Director Jim Wallace is at the state house today working with our legislators on the LTC delay issue. Look for more on this issue on Fox 25 tonight or possibly tomorrow.
556903_488264964551338_676087082_n.jpg

Meeting with Representative Brad Jones the Minority leader of the House and Representative George Peterson the Assistant Minority Leader of the House to discuss the urgent need to get the licensing bill passed before the legislative year expires.

Last edited:
Look for GOAL Exec. Director Jim Wallace on the following media outlets today discussing the LTC delay issue. (Times are tentative)
Fox News Boston TV 25 during 5:00 hour - Howie Carr during 6:00 hour (Boston A.M. WRKO 680) - NRA News at 9:20.

More news: GOAL's emergency legislation has been officially sent to the House Committee on Rules. The new title is "An Act associated with incurred fines for delayed firearm license renewals." This first movement is good news.

As of now it is docket # HD0 4316, tomorrow it should have a bill #.

Look for GOAL Exec. Director Jim Wallace on the following media outlets today discussing the LTC delay issue. (Times are tentative)
Fox News Boston TV 25 during 5:00 hour - Howie Carr during 6:00 hour (Boston A.M. WRKO 680) - NRA News at 9:20.

Heard him on WCRN Saturday am.

I'm seeing some lame Dr show on fox 25.

good luck with those clowns [rofl]

I like the catch on the AP comment.

Can someone actually ****ing define what AP rifle ammo actually is? whats the standard? Oh, yeah wait.

AP is sort of like the ammo equivalent to "high powered rifle."

I only shoot non-armor penetrating ammo through my specifically designated low powered rifle

The problem we have is that most people have no idea what the **** it is that they are actually talking about. little to none. these people have watched terminator 2, are now experts on small arms and have credentials to talk about restricting constitutional rights based off of movies.

Sensible gun laws. Mags (or should I say clips) capped at 10. No moving stocks. FA is illegal everywhere, a cop told me. no one needs pistols. wait times are a great idea. etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:
The problem we have is that most people have no idea what the **** it is that they are actually talking about. little to none. these people have watched terminator 2, are now experts on small arms and have credentials to talk about restricting constitutional rights based off of movies.

Or worse, they watched Lethal Weapon whateverthehellnumberitwas. The one with "cop killer" bullets punching through a bulldozer blade. [rolleyes]

Tewksbury Patch is running the exact same article. You'll find it posted on many different town patch sites.

Yeah, it's origin is North Andover but that is why I posted it here. If they are going to use it as comment bait, we may as well make sure the comments run our way. Maybe we can educate some folks. Though I love the retired coastie who thinks FMJs are AP. You have no idea how badly I want to ask him how he liked his training in commercial food preparation after he left Cape May...

Yeah, it's origin is North Andover but that is why I posted it here. If they are going to use it as comment bait, we may as well make sure the comments run our way. Maybe we can educate some folks. Though I love the retired coastie who thinks FMJs are AP. You have no idea how badly I want to ask him how he liked his training in commercial food preparation after he left Cape May...

people in the .mil are some of the poorest educated people around when it comes to guns. i used to be one of them, although not nearly the worse.

People used to think that the green paint on M855 was what made it AP. I shit you not.

Last edited:
people in the .mil are some of the poorest educated people around when it comes to guns. i used to be one of them, although not nearly the worse.

People used to think that the green paing on M855 was what made it AP. I shit you not.

BRB, heading to the hardware store. What color provides the most potent AP capabilities, forest canopy or mint leaf?

People used to think that the green paing on M855 was what made it AP. I shit you not.

Actually M855 is not AP. The green tip simply indicates that it's 62 grain ("heavy") ammo for A2 rifles and SAWs as opposed to the old 55 grain stuff for the A1s.

Black tip is AP in case you're wondering.

BRB, heading to the hardware store. What color provides the most potent AP capabilities, forest canopy or mint leaf?

green is AP and orange is tracer [rofl]

Even our supply didnt know why it had paint on it. maybe to mark it as M855? [rofl] Jesus.

We were also routinly told by our supply that each round was serialized, and if we lost any of them or shot them and tried to replace them we would be caught. they said the serial number was on the headstamp, which all looked identical to us. ugh.

people did take range ammo and set up their own mini ranges in the woods as far as I knew. everyone knew that serial number on the brass thing was BS.

Actually M855 is not AP. The green tip simply indicates that it's 62 grain ("heavy") ammo for A2 rifles and SAWs as opposed to the old 55 grain stuff for the A1s.

i know its not AP

Lol, try going to home depot with a round and see if the guy at the counter can match it for ya,:cool:

Last edited:

Black tip is AP in case you're wondering.

And this is why the definition of AP is so hard to nail down. It has a steel core in the base and has penetration enhancements but is not AP in and of itself.

Back
Top Bottom