Go Green on the NES ...it's well worth it! Check out the bennies.

Give Deval Patrick a call, perhaps he can team with Menino to assist you in your quest. If not, I'm sure that Elizabeth Warren or Martha Coakley would jump at the chance. And I recall that Barney Frank used to represent that area, maybe he can pull some strings.

Sorry for the editorial commentary, I'm not being sarcastic for sport, just realistic. Folks are having difficulty just getting an LTC in several places in that state. Nevermind doing something as frivolous as shooting at a car. When you're under assault like that, maintaining what you have is challenge enough.

And remember, the best way to get something done, is to do it yourself.

LOL, dont worry i got the sarcasm :)
already asked at my club if its possible, they looked at me like I had two heads... Would be perfectly willing to help out someone else run one, just need a car and a location:)

Go Green, sign up for our next car shoot and get a chance to fire a machine gun courtesy of one-eyed Jack!

You bring the ammo, and he'll supply the iron ...brass cased .45ACP 230gr RN FMJ please for all guns.

M1/M1A Thompson Submachine Gun 1 (Model 1) - aka Tommy Gun, Trench Broom/Sweeper, Chicago Typewriter, Organ Grinder, Chopper, etc.
M3/M3A1 (Model 3) Submachine Gun - aka Grease Gun
M10 Suppressed Submachine Gun - (Military Armament Corporation Model 10) - aka MAC-10, Ingram MAC-10, Quiet Riot
M50 Reising (Model 50) Submachine Gun - Manufactured at Harrington & Richardson in Fitchburg, MA (actually a select-fire carbine), "Six-and-one-half pounds of controlled dynamite. The H&R Reising will get a bullet there when you need it!" - from H&R's advertising

Are you allowed to use .50 caliber rifles at this shoot? And I tried the link but I don't have permission to access the thread. I have seen pictures from other shoots there where pumpkins get shot and apparently blown-up, Porsche, stretch limousine, vans. What will be the target vehicle this time?

Monadnock said:
Go Green, sign up for our next car shoot and get a chance to fire a machine gun courtesy of one-eyed Jack!

You bring the ammo, and he'll supply the iron ...brass cased .45ACP 230gr RN FMJ please for all guns.

M1/M1A Thompson Submachine Gun 1 (Model 1) - aka Tommy Gun, Trench Broom/Sweeper, Chicago Typewriter, Organ Grinder, Chopper, etc.
M3/M3A1 (Model 3) Submachine Gun - aka Grease Gun
M10 Suppressed Submachine Gun - (Military Armament Corporation Model 10) - aka MAC-10, Ingram MAC-10, Quiet Riot
M50 Reising (Model 50) Submachine Gun - Manufactured at Harrington & Richardson in Fitchburg, MA (actually a select-fire carbine), "Six-and-one-half pounds of controlled dynamite. The H&R Reising will get a bullet there when you need it!" - from H&R's advertising

Are you allowed to use .50 caliber rifles at this shoot? And I tried the link but I don't have permission to access the thread. I have seen pictures from other shoots there where pumpkins get shot and apparently blown-up, Porsche, stretch limousine, vans. What will be the target vehicle this time?

As a new forum member, well ...at least one who has posted for the first time, let me offer some advice. Please make an attempt to read through the thread that you're replying to before posting. Often times, you'll find that your question has already been answered, or at least asked.

In this case, while I did not state .50 specifically, I did indicate that large calibers were welcome at our shoots, .50 being among them. An M109 155mm Howitzer ...we'd have to talk.

The reason that you cannot link to the thread, is because it's a Member's thread (meaning Green ...the point of this thread) who's membership grants access. Not all of the folks who peruse this thread are without access. So, in order to gain access, go green.

The target(s) at the Memorial Shoot will include at least one vehicle. That's all that I can tell you for now. I can add that it's great fun, and if you're a gun person, it's a great chance to both see and perhaps handle firearms that you may never have had the opportunity to see before.

Since you aren't Green yet, here is an excerpt from the upcoming shoot thread:

MRGCI – 2nd Annual Dave Hanan Memorial Car Shoot Saturday June 15, 2013 at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club

Remember, there is no "in" list, names will be added as payment is received.

Please take the time to read the OP before PMing me with a question possibly already answered within …thanks!

Saturday June 15, 2013 9AM-4PM - NES Dave Hanan Memorial Car Shoot II at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club in Peterborough/Jaffrey New Hampshire IN/PAID Thread
The Annual NES Green June Car Shoot is now a Memorial Shoot in honor of Dave Hanan, friend and former President at MRGCI.

We welcome:
Large Calibers (.50 is fine), Signal Mortar & Cannon (no projectiles unless discussed beforehand), Binary-X like Tannerite, and NFA (fully-automatic firearms)

Saturday June 15th 9AM to 4PM

This is a private event for "Green" NortheastShooters (NES) and their guests (limit of 3 guests per Green Member of NES). There is camping available; both tenting and trailer/popup. There are no hookups, but there is pit area for fire by the large pavilion.

Precis:
Gates open at 4PM Friday for primitive camping. Meet and greet starts at 9AM Saturday morning, waiver/log sign-in runs until about 9:30 or so. Then the firearms range rules are read ...10AM or so, let the shootin' commence. Then a quasi-break for lunch (details below) and again We will break temporarily at 3PM there will be a mass "cleanup" where we will quickly cleanup detritus from the range. Attention campers, if you want to stay overnight on Saturday, you're welcome to do so, but please be aware, Sunday morning 3D Archery starts at 8am. And the course runs through the camping area.

When you arrive at the event, after parking, proceed to the signup table under the pavilion. Here, you will be asked to sign the NES/MRGCI Waivers (compulsory). After signing, you will be issued your nametag with a bull-nose clip attached. The nametag includes your NES Screen Name (avatar) and you guest count if any. This is your "Paid" ID, and it’s also your meal ticket (that you display to get your meal ...do not turn it in). Please take care not to lose your tag, and make sure that it is displayed at all times. Your guests will also receive nametags indicating that you are their "Green" NES host.

NOTE: Since we will not be needing the full 200 yards of the range, EVERYONE is invited to park on the firearms range behind the zero line (unless you’re making a last minute donation of your vehicle). There will be large areas taped-off just behind the zero line for parking and another for setting up your canopies, pop-ups, tables, chairs and what-have-you. The Medic area will be located at the rear of the canopy area along the righthand edge~ of the range. There will be signage indicating the area.

~Note: Please do not park along the righthand edge of the firearms range. This "alley" must be kept clear and passable for full access to the range area.

All fees include a $5 donation to GONH, a $5 meal* fee, and (for shooters*** only), miscellaneous "target expenses", and a $10 Firearm's Range compulsory fee

...so, that's kind of a teaser of the shoot signup thread that you'll find in the Green forum area. And not just this shoot, but as mentioned, karma giveaways, classified ads, trades, firearms builds, other shoots, BBQs and get-togethers.

Last edited:
As a new forum member, well ...at least one who has posted for the first time, let me offer some advice. Please make an attempt to read through the thread that you're replying to before posting. Often times, you'll find that your question has already been answered, or at least asked.

In this case, while I did not state .50 specifically, I did indicate that large calibers were welcome at our shoots, .50 being among them. An M109 155mm Howitzer ...we'd have to talk.

The reason that you cannot link to the thread, is because it's a Member's thread (meaning Green ...the point of this thread) who's membership grants access. Not all of the folks who peruse this thread are without access. So, in order to gain access, go green.

The target(s) at the Memorial Shoot will include at least one vehicle. That's all that I can tell you for now. I can add that it's great fun, and if you're a gun person, it's a great chance to both see and perhaps handle firearms that you may never have had the opportunity to see before.

Since you aren't Green yet, here is an excerpt from the upcoming shoot thread:

MRGCI – 2nd Annual Dave Hanan Memorial Car Shoot Saturday June 15, 2013 at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club

Remember, there is no "in" list, names will be added as payment is received.

Please take the time to read the OP before PMing me with a question possibly already answered within …thanks!

Saturday June 15, 2013 9AM-4PM - NES Dave Hanan Memorial Car Shoot II at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club in Peterborough/Jaffrey New Hampshire IN/PAID Thread
The Annual NES Green June Car Shoot is now a Memorial Shoot in honor of Dave Hanan, friend and former President at MRGCI.

We welcome:
Large Calibers (.50 is fine), Signal Mortar & Cannon (no projectiles unless discussed beforehand), Binary-X like Tannerite, and NFA (fully-automatic firearms)

Saturday June 15th 9AM to 4PM

This is a private event for "Green" NortheastShooters (NES) and their guests (limit of 3 guests per Green Member of NES). There is camping available; both tenting and trailer/popup. There are no hookups, but there is pit area for fire by the large pavilion.

Precis:
Gates open at 4PM Friday for primitive camping. Meet and greet starts at 9AM Saturday morning, waiver/log sign-in runs until about 9:30 or so. Then the firearms range rules are read ...10AM or so, let the shootin' commence. Then a quasi-break for lunch (details below) and again We will break temporarily at 3PM there will be a mass "cleanup" where we will quickly cleanup detritus from the range. Attention campers, if you want to stay overnight on Saturday, you're welcome to do so, but please be aware, Sunday morning 3D Archery starts at 8am. And the course runs through the camping area.

When you arrive at the event, after parking, proceed to the signup table under the pavilion. Here, you will be asked to sign the NES/MRGCI Waivers (compulsory). After signing, you will be issued your nametag with a bull-nose clip attached. The nametag includes your NES Screen Name (avatar) and you guest count if any. This is your "Paid" ID, and it’s also your meal ticket (that you display to get your meal ...do not turn it in). Please take care not to lose your tag, and make sure that it is displayed at all times. Your guests will also receive nametags indicating that you are their "Green" NES host.

NOTE: Since we will not be needing the full 200 yards of the range, EVERYONE is invited to park on the firearms range behind the zero line (unless you’re making a last minute donation of your vehicle). There will be large areas taped-off just behind the zero line for parking and another for setting up your canopies, pop-ups, tables, chairs and what-have-you. The Medic area will be located at the rear of the canopy area along the righthand edge~ of the range. There will be signage indicating the area.

~Note: Please do not park along the righthand edge of the firearms range. This "alley" must be kept clear and passable for full access to the range area.

All fees include a $5 donation to GONH, a $5 meal* fee, and (for shooters*** only), miscellaneous "target expenses", and a $10 Firearm's Range compulsory fee

...so, that's kind of a teaser of the shoot signup thread that you'll find in the Green forum area. And not just this shoot, but as mentioned, karma giveaways, classified ads, trades, firearms builds, other shoots, BBQs and get-togethers.

Thanks for the quick reply. I might just have to sign up. No car shoots in MA that I'm aware of. Sounds like too much fun to pass up.

Ever wanted an NES shirt, or hat to wear while at the range, group buy pricing right now, link is in the Group Buy Members Only section...go green today and you can order, group buy closes on Friday!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom