Glock Perfection; dba "That will buff right out"

allen-1

NES Member
1591869809653.png

That's my G48, acquired about two months ago - after it worked its way out of the TBag on my bike and went asphalt surfing. Looks like it was run over a couple of times too. That's a new TBag it came out of, I won't be storing a firearm in that pocket any more.

I was up in South Carolina when I discovered it missing. I called the local Sheriff's department, they came to my location and took a report. They called me the following Monday and told me that it had been turned in. As the evidence tech stated "I don't know if you want to come get it or not, your gun was run over, it isn't shootable".

The frame's trashed, I stripped the slide down and other than a broken front sight and cosmetic scuffing it's fine.

I talked to a friend of mine at a match Saturday and he told me that Glock would replace the frame as a "warranty item" for $100. I called them on Monday and they confirmed that, so I promptly sent it to them with a check for 108$ (tax).

Talon Wrap, front sight, magazine and trigger all ordered yesterday. I should have a functional G48 again in about three weeks.

My dad once ran over a Browning BPS with a truck and it was fine after, didn't need any work. Don't ask me how.

Cool that you can get a new frame for short money and you are GTG. Also another sign that I need to make plans to eventually escape Mass for somewhere that won't make you a felon for accidentally losing a gun.

Yeah. When I saw the open pocket on the luggage, I had a serious "Oh shit" moment. I thought for a minute or two about the best course of action, then used the address of the gas stop to figure out the local Sheriff's dept and called them. The firearm was reported as "lost or stolen", and NOBODY in the Sheriff's dept gave me a hard time at any point in time. This includes the responding officers, the investigator who called me, the evidence tech and the officer on the desk when I went to retrieve it. Guns are far more normalized/mainstream down here.

SC has a requirement to inform that you're carrying when you come into contact with police officers. I told the responding officers that I had a firearm on me, they just said "okay". Nobody asked to see it, it wasn't taken away from me "for the officers' safety" - just "okay".

I'm really glad I was in SC, not in CT. I doubt that things would have gone so smoothly up north.

As for Glock - I'm amazed. When Chris told me that they'd warranty it, under these conditions, I wasn't sure if he was right. I called them - and it's really that simple. I sent them my ruined frame, a check and a warranty form - they're going to replace it. It will have a different serial nbr, but I could care less about that.

This is entirely on me - and it's pretty painless compared to what it could be.

Great to hear. The freak out factor over GUNZ! is a relatively new thing and mostly centered in the libtard states. In TN and even in my part of CA up to my teens, guns were basically thought of as a tool with of course more responsibility in use required than say for a hammer. Good for Glock, too. I like to make fun of the Glock phags / fanboys but they're a great utility pistol and can survive a lot of abuse- apparently even high speed road rash and mostly survive being run over LOL. I have more Glocks than anything else. Now if they'd only fix those crappy triggers...

Cool battle wear now too. I'm not surprised on the frame replacement as they're not very expensive but it's good they'll do it. I wonder if the sn will be the same.

I wouldn't think it cost Glock $100 to manufacture the frame to begin with.

The material and labor to produce one, probably pennies on the dollar. The mold tooling with a limited mold life? Maybe bring up the overall cost a bit. Not sure what mold method Glock uses, but mold tooling can be pricey once you get into industrial scale molds that are expected to meet or exceed 100k molds. Still though, $100 probably has a comfortable overhead.

I really couldn't imagine that happening here in Mass and ending well in any way.

I can easily see it in free states, though. Growing up in PA, guns weren't a big deal. Just tools to be used and stored responsibly. Shit, I had a gun rack in my closet growing up. I knew where the key was. It was never a big deal because Dad taught me about firearms safety.

I was expecting to see a Glock chambered in .40 S&W that had suffered a fatal KA-BOOM

Strip the slide, work it with a flat file to remove any road rash and send it out to be refinished

Cool battle wear now too. I'm not surprised on the frame replacement as they're not very expensive but it's good they'll do it. I wonder if the sn will be the same.

Serial nbr will NOT be the same; I have that from the Glock tech I spoke to. They're not re-manufacturing this one, they're sending me a replacement.

The material and labor to produce one, probably pennies on the dollar. The mold tooling with a limited mold life? Maybe bring up the overall cost a bit. Not sure what mold method Glock uses, but mold tooling can be pricey once you get into industrial scale molds that are expected to meet or exceed 100k molds. Still though, $100 probably has a comfortable overhead.

They're sending me a complete lower - frame, locking block, trigger, slide release, takedown lever & spring...

It probably doesn't, but the time you add up book keeping for the new frame (new serial number), shipping, transfers, $100 is pretty justifiable. If the old frame (the firearm) was sent back there's probably paperwork involved in that and its disposition too.

time to upgrade method of carry :)

View attachment 364320

LOL, I have one of these w/o the rainbow but it has a nice internal holster. Gift from a friend who was in what would be considered an elite govt agency. He and several of his fellow agents used them for off duty exercise time, etc. and sometimes for incognito carry while working in workout type clothes. They all called it a 'fag bag' even in the late 80's. (Apologies to Pink Pistols and please do not kick my ass [smile] ). I bet if I put a rainbow patch on mine I can go anywhere in Mass while CC'ing. I'll wear it next time I go for a ride with @Greg and @Roland Deschain.

FWIW, I carry an M&P9c inside-the-waistband with a Crossbreed Supertuck, and have never had an issue with it coming loose, while on my motorcycle or anywhere else. It just holds. Period. I've also put the gun in the inside pocket of my riding vest, but it felt "loose" (because it was). I prefer the actual holster.

FWIW, I carry an M&P9c inside-the-waistband with a Crossbreed Supertuck, and have never had an issue with it coming loose, while on my motorcycle or anywhere else. It just holds. Period. I've also put the gun in the inside pocket of my riding vest, but it felt "loose" (because it was). I prefer the actual holster.

I was carrying my G43 in an IWB holster.
I had the G48 in my TBag because I was going to a friend's house and I wanted to show it to him.

And it will come with quite a story to tell. Nice. Glock will also do that for Assachusetts residents.

Back
Top Bottom