Glock Perfection; dba "That will buff right out"

Re-read what I wrote when I told you to snap your fingers 3 times.

Everyone that touches the gun adds to the cost of production. A guy making $20/hr and touching the gun for 10 minutes adds $3.33 (in reality it is more because there are other employment costs not reflected on the salary you see, so in reality it is probably around $5-6 for those 10min) to the cost of the gun. Even if Glock purchases in bulk, those materials have a cost and it is not $2/gun.

On top of the people touching the gun, you have a ton of people thar DONT touch the gun, but the costs need to be factored in ... the dude stacking boxes in the warehouse, the guys driving those boxes from point A to B, the people in the office working on Marketing, Operstions, HR, Sales, Support, Secretaries, all the office supplies needed to do the job, the cost of paying a company to clean the office, security guards for the warehouse and factory, the people managing the guy touching the gun for 10 minutes, the people managing those that are managing ...

When all those costs are accounted for, you need to start thinking about taxes and when that is done, you need to think about government mandated taxes on your goods.

Additionally you have a group of engineers, these guys not only work on improving your guns and testing them (usually a separate group testing with the engineers), but these guys work on future designs, things that haven't made any money yet, things that a market research group (also another cost) told them to bet on.

When all that is done you need lawyers. Lawyers to defend the company and lawyers to parents your designs and occasionally go after another company when they copy your design.

Finally, the price you pay for the gun has a markup, you know, that retailer that didnt produce it also has to make money.

That gun you paid $500 for, was probably produced for $150 - $200, sold to a distributor for $300-350 who sells it to a retailer for $400, who sells it to you for $500.

Factories include rebates for volume, so that could eat another $10-20/gun for the factory, but they do it to reward volume.

I almost forgot ... all the people working on warranty repairs. Those people are not touching a new gun if they are busy fixing one that was run over by a truck.

As you can see, thinking a gun is just a dude touching it for two seconds + $2 of metal + a few bucks of plastics shows you are ignorant AF.

Show me any other product that has to go through the abuse a gun goes through every time you pull the trigger and will still be around and working 100 years from now and it only costs $500-1500.

As proof, we are still shooting WW1 guns that saw action, and those are over 100 years old. We are shooting WW2 guns, and those are very close to 100 years old.

Are you still using the laptop you purchased in 2009? ... most likely not.
And don't forget, the guy making $20 also eats up close to (or more) $15 an hour in benefits, ie: taxes, insurance, SSI, 401k.

I owned a business that generated a gross profit of around 52%, After payroll, taxes, insurance, workers comp. , utilities etc etc etc, the owner (me) was left with about 4%. On a great month, maybe 6%.

I would stake my life that when all is said and done, the owner(s) of Glock are generating a bottom line of pennies on the dollar. Still alot of dough, however...

Back
Top Bottom