Glock giggle switches on Channel 25 tonight

When they first starting showing up about 6 to 10 months ago in Chicago, they were stolen from a shipment from Glock in Austria, and have made their way everywhere. They are legit glock parts usually, but not from an official glock dealer.
lol what?

That’s not even remotely true, who told you that Don Lemon over on CNN?

lol what?

Which part? They are Glock parts? That's factual. Do you think those were purchased legally, and those kids are FFLs? Or that a shipment was stolen and has been disseminated through black markets? Them being the genuine article? They most likely are, but you can also 3-d print them with ease but they will not hold up like a proper aluminum part. Or did you read "not through an official glock dealer" and not understand I meant black markets?

Which part? They are Glock parts? That's factual. Do you think those were purchased legally, and those kids are FFLs? Or that a shipment was stolen and has been disseminated through black markets? Them being the genuine article? They most likely are, but you can also 3-d print them with ease but they will not hold up like a proper aluminum part. Or did you read "not through an official glock dealer" and not understand I meant black markets?
So Glock makes and sells switches to convert their non-G18 guns to full auto, and those switches were stolen after shipping from Austria?

So Glock makes and sells switches to convert their non-G18 guns to full auto, and those switches were stolen after shipping from Austria?

Precisely. They are not for what people would call the "civilian market" They are/were police/military only, IIRC. I may be wrong about the theft happening in Austria. But those devices were never intended to be anything but a police/military thing. Once they were out, CAD files were made and now they can appear from anywhere. Anyone with a 3D printer can make a cheap one. At the end of the day, it's just another auto sear.

Apparently they've been around longer than that.

Precisely. They are not for what people would call the "civilian market" They are/were police/military only, IIRC. I may be wrong about the theft happening in Austria. But those devices were never intended to be anything but a police/military thing. Once they were out, CAD files were made and now they can appear from anywhere. Anyone with a 3D printer can make a cheap one. At the end of the day, it's just another auto sear.

Reread robs note.

I didn't think there was a legal Glock 18 anywhere in the United States. Is someone going to create a Glock 18 as a sample?

When they first starting showing up about 6 to 10 months ago in Chicago, they were stolen from a shipment from Glock in Austria, and have made their way everywhere. They are legit glock parts usually, but not from an official glock dealer.
Wasn't wish selling these before that?

Huh?

Glock's full auto offering is the G18 and is more than just a special plate. It looks like a safety and uses a special slide that fits only the G18 frame due to intentional dimensional differences to prevent upgrading semi-auto Glocks.

The buzz plates are rear cover plats with a protuberance to depress the sear plate when the slide moves forward. Fancy ones, like those from Venezuela, incorporate a switch on an reer extension plate. It would be unlikely Glock would have special plates to convert normal non-G18 Glocks to full auto.

There were Chinese Airsoft selectors that we "too close for comfort" for the BATFE and were declared full auto firearms in and of themselves, with a roundup program (the got the customer list from the vendors).

In legit circles these seem to have 0% penetration - I have never seen one.
I wouldn't expect anyone to see them inside of legit circles, unless they are a manufacturer/FFL. Is there anything that would prevent them from having them with the proper permission slips? I'm unfamiliar with the nomenclature and allowances within the FFL / manufacturer world outside of pre-86 stuff is stupid expensive for us regular gun owners.

I didn't think there was a legal Glock 18 anywhere in the United States. Is someone going to create a Glock 18 as a sample?

Weren't glocks first made early 80s? So theoretically, there could be a pre-86 glock18 somewhere? I confess I don't know the exact date the g18 came to be, but I would think it wasn't long after the G17, as their naming convention is the numerical order of patents.

lol what?

I owe you an apology.... I am trying to rack my brain as to where I remembered hearing/reading that they were based on an original Glock designed part, but for the life of me, I can't. I'd like to chalk it up to being tired and waiting for the call to go plow, but that would be a lie. I am exhausted, but I'm an idiot on the regular.

How long after ordering does your front door get smashed in by the feds, I wonder?
They called the site "KnockArms.com"

f-bi-raid.gif

You are mistaken. There are no such legit Glock parts from Austria and there never were. Any such parts offered for sale were 100% Chinese junk.

You are mistaken. There are no such legit Glock parts from Austria and there never were. Any such parts offered for sale were 100% Chinese junk.
Pretty much but it is possible there is one civilian transferable and a had full of premay dealer samples in existence.. the latter having no value because you could make a new one as a dealer..

It’s far as the mythical civilian transferable…
I can’t remember that far back, but I think you ar there was a dealer who played games with the paperwork….but who knows there plenty need of improperly filed paperwork that was approved for lots of random items..

When you buy nfa you always have to take a good look at the paper and some people have been to to correct the paperwork and submitting it without notifying the atf.

Tell me a good portion of the value of the item is based on the paperwork if anything, it definitely is the price of the item itself and I bought

I'll bet there are 3D printer programming files out there that can be used.

Hell, look at the Lightning Link for an AR. I've seen online instructions for making them easily with hand tools.

And, no, I have neither item. I'm too young and pretty to go to jail...
A felony bust, and loss of your guns is far too great a price to pay for making noise. Few people know how to control a fully automatic firearm anyway. Plus in this day and age, who can afford to feed one?

That's why the claims that bans are going to help reduce crime are bogus. Anyone with basic metal / machine shop skills can turn out guns by the thousands. It's not rocket science. This means that criminals, drug lords, and other nefarious people will have all they want, but the law abiding citizen will be disarmed.

Which is exactly what Democrats want.

Pretty much but it is possible there is one civilian transferable and a had full of premay dealer samples in existence.. the latter having no value because you could make a new one as a dealer..

It’s far as the mythical civilian transferable…
I can’t remember that far back, but I think you ar there was a dealer who played games with the paperwork….but who knows there plenty need of improperly filed paperwork that was approved for lots of random items..

When you buy nfa you always have to take a good look at the paper and some people have been to to correct the paperwork and submitting it without notifying the atf.

Tell me a good portion of the value of the item is based on the paperwork if anything, it definitely is the price of the item itself and I bought
A G18, yes possible. I'll stand by the statement that Glock never made accessory switches to convert standard pistols such as a G17 to full auto.

I wish i could have the cool kid switches but like a stoopid i follow the law. Ohh wait, actually i think im currently a felon because i have a born as Tippman M4 rimfire pistol with a oem brace.

I owe you an apology.... I am trying to rack my brain as to where I remembered hearing/reading that they were based on an original Glock designed part, but for the life of me, I can't. I'd like to chalk it up to being tired and waiting for the call to go plow, but that would be a lie. I am exhausted, but I'm an idiot on the regular.
For reference, this image of a G18 comes directly from the Glock euro site. Note that the selector is on the slide, not the backplate.

G18.ashx

It stands to reason they wouldn't make adapters like the ones discussed in this news article.

That an unscrupulous manufacturer would label them with information like "Glock" and "Austria" is not an unreasonable idea.

I wish i could have the cool kid switches but like a stoopid i follow the law. Ohh wait, actually i think im currently a felon because i have a born as Tippman M4 rimfire pistol with a oem brace.
In for a penny, and all that, right?
maxresdefault.jpg

good morning, my three-letter friend, this is for entertainment purposes only. Clearly, nobody would actually recommend such a thing

I'd like to borrow a full auto Glock for an hour or so. After than I'd imagine the expense of feeding and novelty would wear off. It would save a lot of wear and tear on targets, I'd imagine.

Let the hoodrats play with their switches, Lord knows they aren't hurting anyone with them.

I don't need to borrow a Glock 18 to see how expensive it is to shoot . ask anyone that's got a 33 round magazine for their Glock 17 . the novelty of that wears off real quick.

Even if a person in Mass had a giggle switch - you need pre ban Happy Sticks which can cost up to $800 each when in new condition.

I mean, you want to comply with the law, right?

I'd like to borrow a full auto Glock for an hour or so. After than I'd imagine the expense of feeding and novelty would wear off. It would save a lot of wear and tear on targets, I'd imagine.

Let the hoodrats play with their switches, Lord knows they aren't hurting anyone with them.
G-18 fun

Back
Top Bottom