Glock 21 or 1911 - which one should I buy?

Hang on a minute. I hear this is launching next year
b4873c2c48e0b2dc60ccfda894195a4e3a263645.jpeg

I've already got two of them on pre-order...

.45? Might as well just throw rocks.

9mm all day, yo.
Says the guy who only buys 115gr RN and uses it for everything, including his carry gun.

Two thoughts:
1) Keep buying 9mm guns noobs! When the next shortage hits, 9mm will be the first to disappear off the shelves.
2) 10mm guys are in a permanent state of ammo shortage and will shoot one box of ammo per year. Since they can't afford(or find) ammo for their G21's, they spend most of their time on NES lording over 9mm pleebs.
3) Glocks are cheap and cheap-looking.
4) 1911 in anything, other than 45ACP, is a joke. The only reason to own 1911 is 45 cal. 1911 is gun history to really appreciate it, man up, and get a proper 45ACP 1911!

Says the guy who only buys 115gr RN and uses it for everything, including his carry gun.

Two thoughts:
1) Keep buying 9mm guns noobs! When the next shortage hits, 9mm will be the first to disappear off the shelves.
2) 10mm guys are in a permanent state of ammo shortage and will shoot one box of ammo per year. Since they can't afford(or find) ammo for their G21's, they spend most of their time on NES lording over 9mm pleebs.
3) Glocks are cheap and cheap-looking.
4) 1911 in anything, other than 45ACP, is a joke. The only reason to own 1911 is 45 cal. 1911 is gun history to really appreciate it, man up, and get a proper 45ACP 1911!
Ok boomer.

I’ve never bought a box of .45, does it come with a free bottle of Ensure?

Edit: Saying “two thoughts” and then listing four points was fantastic. Respect.

Ok boomer.

I’ve never bought a box of .45, does it come with a free bottle of Ensure?

Edit: Saying “two thoughts” and then listing four points was fantastic. Respect.
Are we supposed to hate .45 now like we hate .40? Or is it just now generational thing like if your Millenial you have to shoot a 9mm, If you Gen X .40 is your caliber, and Boomer is .45?

I can't keep up with the hate anymore.

My take:

A 1911 is heavier but will feel better in the hands and have a better trigger if your shooting targets.

If your gonna carry it get a G21.

I have both and generally don't carry the 1911 unless its OWB.

Are we supposed to hate .45 now like we hate .40? Or is it just now generational thing like if your Millenial you have to shoot a 9mm, If you Gen X .40 is your caliber, and Boomer is .45?

I can't keep up with the hate anymore.
how about the old guys that like the good old fashioned always reliable J Frame in .38 Spcl, before +p?

We hate every caliber because ours has "superior stopping power". The only people who don't hate or care are 40cal owners: they are the hippies of the gun world and this is why we hate them the most.

Nice thing about the 1911 is you can get many different flavors, even without going to the uber-expensive Nighthawk Customs or Greg Derr special:
1911 Variations.jpg
Or if you want to go “pseudo” 1911 you can get a Springfield EMP:
EMP.jpeg
I consider the EMP a 1911 the way the Sig Virtus is an AR15 class. Looks like one, operates like one, but has almost no interchangeable parts.

We hate every caliber because ours has "superior stopping power". The only people who don't hate or care are 40cal owners: they are the hippies of the gun world and this is why we hate them the most.
My first Glocks were .40 cal because it was the hot cartridge in the 90's. I have a Gen3 G22/17 and a Gen3 G23/19. Switched to 9mm about 10 years ago for price.

I hate Glock's. They feel terrible in the hand, and point all wrong compared to a 1911. The trigger is horrible. And I'm being generous. They also are bulkier to carry. Not in terms of weight or length. But they're fatter. And that does make a difference. I get no enjoyment from shooting a glock recreationally and would never consider it fun for plinking. I love the way 1911's look, shoot, carry, and feel.

That said, I've switched from 1911's to Glocks for all defensive purposes. Glocks are ultra reliable. Boringly reliable. I know 1911's can be too. But a lot of them really just aren't compared to Glock's. Glock's are also significantly lighter weight which is noticeable when carrying all day. Glock's also have a much greater capacity. And now that 9mm ammo is much more effective and capable than it was back in its slow FMJ days, I can't justify a 1911 over say a Glock 19 anymore for anything but fun. I know some 1911's are double stack or chambered in 9mm. I can't speak to those. But for a 9mm Glock vs. a 1911 in 45 ACP, the choice for defensive purposes is an obvious one at this point.

You’re a pussy if you don’t!🤣
Does anyone have 2 frames they want to donate to this brilliantly stupid idea?

Unfinished P80 preferred so we don't have to deal with serials and transfers.

Back
Top Bottom