• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 17 Gen 4 brass in the face

DJBrad

NES Member
So it’s been 10 years since this major issue started for the Gen 4 glocks. After a few thousand rounds of various 9mm it started creeping closer to my face. Now it’s smacking me in the forehead and one got lodged between my nose and glasses. This pisses me off big time. How is it that after 10 years these Smyrna fools can’t get it right? It doesn’t matter if I shoot tepid loads or hot stuff. Weaver, Isosceles, strong grip, or a teacup like Reptile with a tactical roll.

Any others out there get Glock to replace yet another extractor or ejector besides the 30274?

Last edited:
So it’s been 10 years since this major issue started for the Gen 4 glocks. After a few thousand rounds of various 9mm it started creeping closer to my face. Now it’s smacking me in the forehead and one got lodged between my nose and glasses. This pisses me off big time. How is it that after 10 years these Smyrna fools can’t get it right? It doesn’t matter if I shoot tepid loads or hot stuff. Weaver, Isosceles, strong grip, or a teacup like Reptile with a tactical roll.

Any others out there get Glock to replace yet another extractor or ejector besides the 32074?

Send the gun in they will fix or replace..... btdtgtts.

I would just send it back to Glock and have them take care of the issue. I have a G4 19 that completely dumped itself at just over 7k rnds. Honestly it was never that reliable in the first place. I sent it to Glock asking for them to "refurb" the gun. Stated the rnd count and the issues. The only things that came back original was frame, slide,and barrel. They replaced everything inside the gun. I sent them a couple of mags to respring and update the followers. I just broke 2k with it last week since getting it back and it's been flawless. It didn't run this good when it was new.

Any others out there get Glock to replace yet another extractor or ejector besides the 30274?
Send it back....though, they will probably replace it with the same extractor and it will be good for another few thousand. By then you'll only be able to buy a Gen5.

Send it back....though, they will probably replace it with the same extractor and it will be good for another few thousand. By then you'll only be able to buy a Gen5.
So, is this problem caused by wear and tear?

Mmmm. I love a good tactical roll with butter.

I never heard of that to solve the problem.

There is a good reason why Glock stopped making Gen 4's.

Then why did they stop making Gen3? I mean, besides the fact that everyone else was doing that whole replaceable backstrap thing that everyone will be eschewing in 5-10 years. (I think that was 4. Finger grooves removal was. . 5? Another funny one. Glock ADDS finger grooves because "everyone is doing it." About 15 years later - "Finger grooves suck. WTF, Glock?")

Mmmm. I love a good tactical roll with butter.

Then why did they stop making Gen3? I mean, besides the fact that everyone else was doing that whole replaceable backstrap thing that everyone will be eschewing in 5-10 years. (I think that was 4. Finger grooves removal was. . 5? Another funny one. Glock ADDS finger grooves because "everyone is doing it." About 15 years later - "Finger grooves suck. WTF, Glock?")
They can take my backstraps from my cold, dead, XL hands! Finger grooves were always a bad idea. That some sometimes fit some hands is a handy coincidence, but mo' adjustable is mo' betta'.

So, is this problem caused by wear and tear?
ejector swap or ejector spring swap. dunno what the fuss is about, a 2 min fix.

or a glock fan solution - just grab an another one from the stash to shoot today. :)

New frame with multiple parts replaced. There were no old stock bfg frames so they asked if I would accept a black frame. They stated they had an updated extractor that proved effective so I’ll function test to see if that was remedied this weekend. I shipped this out 2nd day air on 2/8 and received it today.

71C18EB4-7277-44AE-8812-C8B30A28779E.jpeg A6D61488-360D-4F01-8840-08C7B33A351C.jpeg 32274043-3065-460C-B10A-D0814E7F7238.jpeg

Have you tried to swap out new recoil springs?
If it got gradually worse maybe that’s the issue.

Or do what was said above get rid of that POS and buy a CZ or something of much better quality like a Jennings 25 auto.

Back
Top Bottom