Globe opinion writer whines about the vile tone of response of AG's unlawful edict.

See if any of this would also fit:

Many of us are very frustrated with the system which struggles to provide an adequate response to terrorist attacks. We keep asking, why FBI missed Orlando shooter, even when his co-workers filled numerous complains. It appears that our security systems are inefficient and never pro-active.

Human errors allowed Boston Marathon bomber to travel to get his training. FBI disregarded warning from their Russian counterparts. Many of these facts indicate a need for quick changes.

Attorney General Healey has put forth an unconstitutional ban on the sale and transfer of any firearm that operates in a similar manner to those which are banned. Her interpretation of our law, is not only unconstitutional, it puts thousands of Massachusetts residents at risk of becoming felons as almost all rifles operate in this manner. Healey explicitly declared all gun owners in the state to be felons, but that she simply chooses not to prosecute us right now. This is a gross overreach on the Attorney General's part which obviates the legislature. The previous law was clear and consumers as well as gun manufacturers have complied.

I am offended by a dangerous precedent, an overreach that seeks to redefine the role of AG. What is to stop another AG from closing, for example, “Abortion is not Murder Loophole” in another state using this precedent as justification. No AG gets to decide what is moral and then change the interpretation of a law on a whim, no matter the justification.

In one day only, Attorney General Maura Healey decided to punish thousands of citizens. Instead of engaging organizations and concerned citizens into the dialog she has decided to act on her own and made an enemy from law abiding citizens who are concerned about the public safety. Confused citizens started placing calls not only to her office but also to Governor Baker’s office but staff there was also surprised and quite confused by such an announcement. Instead of improving our fight against terror AG decided to use scare tactics against citizens who are ready to protect their homes from the terrorism and the crime.

I have been a law abiding citizen for all of my life, and I plan to continue doing so. However, if the meaning of the laws can change overnight retroactively, with no warning, I have to ask; what is the difference between this unusual behavior and the European type of dictatorship which always punished only law abiding citizens and not the actual criminals?

Do we want Attorney General to write a law and also implement it in one single day? If Attorney General does not like something, is it possible to abolish it without any public discussion, plus scare citizens with retroactive punishment which may or may not be executed by AG? I do not like soft drinks, but I do not demand that all soft drinks should disappear in 24 hours from store shelves, and those who purchased soft drinks in last 10 years, may or may not, be fined by me just because I said do. Our Commonwealth should never ever allow me to behave in such an irresponsible manner.

Any changes to Massachusetts’s laws follow a procedure that involves public input. The AG ignored the state process and back doored her personal agenda into Massachusetts’s laws. A power grab such as this is dangerous to all citizens of Massachusetts. Again, the AG is supposed to protect citizen’s rights, not make criminals out of us – especially in such a sneaky, middle of the night, backdoor way.

Well done! I would send it to every paper that will print it. I would send it to every television station that would run it. including Maine, NH and Vermont!

THIS X 1000

I disagree with you very strongly.

The story needs to be about her over-reaching. Not about some "gun nut" saying vile things about her. Saying vile things about her here in the NES echo chamber may make you feel good for a while, but it does nothing to help us and gives our enemies more ammunition.

Will people trying to restart the Boston chapter of Pink Pistols be comfortable here in NES while people are using homophobic slurs against Healey?

I understand your anger towards Healey. I share it. But I do think we need to elevate our tone and our game. As long as we allow vile statements towards Healey, that allows the press to paint her as the victim.

Yep, saying stupid things about her gender - sexual orientation is unproductive, unnecessary and not helpful

Yep, saying stupid things about her gender - sexual orientation is unproductive, unnecessary and not helpful

ESPECIALLY when we want Gays/Lesbians to join our ranks with concealed carrying and supporting their 2A rights!

Has anyone on this forum slandered her sexuality? Cuz I know I haven't seen evidence of that.
And are people really up in arms about calling her a bitch or a ****? Lol christ. I guess I should write an expose' on how many times I've been called a dick or a bastard...jesus.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Has anyone on this forum slandered her sexuality? Cuz I know I haven't seen evidence of that.
And are people really up in arms about calling her a bitch or a ****? Lol christ. I guess I should write an expose' on how many times I've been called a dick or a bastard...jesus.

It was all over the place. I assume the mods have done a bunch of cleanup to try and weed out the worst of it.

Using her gender or orientation as an insult or trying to blame them for why she made her edict is just wrong and counterproductive. Attack her for being a power hungry overreaching tyrant, since that's the absolute truth.

Already saw that on Facebook.....comments about "knuckle-draggers".....guess that's us
I don't know whether to resent or embrace that characterization.

You can denigrate that article all you want, but the reality is many people in MA have read it. There were many such statements about Healey here on NES. And the result of such statements (whether here on NES, or sent to Healey via email or a Twitter) is that our actions become the story, rather than Healey's actions. And as a result, we close the minds of many people who might otherwise have been willing to listen to us.

This is why it is important that we address Healey appropriately. This why we need to denigrate her actions, not her sexuality.
I've been mortified by some of the comments I've read here and elsewhere. Ad hominem attacks are cheap and pointless shots that detract from the message. If Scott Harshbarger or Tom Reiley had executed this PR stunt (and I'll bet both are wishing that they'd thought of it first!) we wouldn't have felt any differently about it. But some would have had to work a little harder in order to give voice to our outrage.

The important thing to remember, and the thing that needs to inform our narrative, is that the AG's attack flows from flawed ideologies and stereotypes. Ideologues that say that the Second Amendment does NOT protect an individual right and is therefore no longer relevant and stereotypes of gun owners as swamp-dwelling, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, would-be mass murders who are threatened by just about everything else in society.

The important thing to remember, and the thing that needs to inform our narrative, is that the AG's attack flows from flawed ideologies and stereotypes. Ideologues that say that the Second Amendment does NOT protect an individual right and is therefore no longer relevant and stereotypes of gun owners as swamp-dwelling, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, would-be mass murders who are threatened by just about everything else in society.

Exactly. Writing such vile attacks against public figures like Healey and DeLeo supports their narrative.

Attorney General Healey has put forth an unconstitutional ban on the sale and transfer of any firearm that operates in a similar manner to those which are banned.
AW bans are not unconstitutional according to every court that has examined them, and SCOTUS has denied cert. Sorry, but that is the reality.

The is not constitutionality, but an expansion of the definition of "similar to". Healey has said that guns that would have been legal according to the definition in the MA AWB are now illegal, since "similar to" does not need to encompass the banned features, but can be based on features that are not banned. She even banned dealers rrom holding post 7/20 acquired inventory despite the explicit exemption for them in MGL Ch 140 Section 131m. This issue is a mis-statement of existing law, not the constitutionality of what Healey would like to see as law.

In today's globe ms. Abraham has nothing to say about the particulars of the end run publicity stunt the AG just pulled and then proceeded to sneak out of town under cover of darkness to avoid legislative review,

but instead focuses on the vile response of the 300000 instant criminals she created.

And then proceeds to slur gun owners as " gun lovers" , much like the derogatory term "n word lover" that was strewn about to describe mixed race marriage .

and goes on to say the commenters on a " gun nut" blog , insinuating we are mentally ill for enjoying our 2A RIGHTS.

And then goes into her spelling police rant, indicating if you can't have perfect spelling

your opinion is not valid.

she follows that some horrific person posted the AG's home address, a publicly available stat.

well young lady, I do have a name for you, as I know this will get back to you,

as as it's known the anti's troll this site regularly ,

it's

hyp·o·crite
ˈhipəˌkrit/
noun

• a person who indulges in hypocrisy.
    synonyms:pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, pietist, sanctimonious person, plaster saint; More

Actually I like "gun lover" or "lover of firearms and firearm paraphernalia." The second term, I've only heard spoken by Southrons.

Exactly. Writing such vile attacks against public figures like Healey and DeLeo supports their narrative.

I probably sound like a broken record here, but a big part of the problem is the packaging of ideologies. After Orlando, the Left, and the MSM, went after gun owners and the NRA. They left the gay community blaming US for the act of terror perpetrated by a radical Islamist. This doesn't excuse the use of slurs (which, frankly, this being the internet, almost everybody uses freely except here). However, and I would love to be disabused of this, most of the gay people I know fully embrace the entire progressive package, which patently delegitimizes us on principle.

I would love to meet a group of gay and lesbian people who share even a fraction of my beliefs on various social and political issues, but I reckon I would settle for meeting some that at least embrace the Constitution as applicable to everyone, including people who disagree with them.

Last edited:
It was all over the place. I assume the mods have done a bunch of cleanup to try and weed out the worst of it.

Using her gender or orientation as an insult or trying to blame them for why she made her edict is just wrong and counterproductive. Attack her for being a power hungry overreaching tyrant, since that's the absolute truth.
100% in agreement. She's a vile narcissistic bully putting 400,000 law abiding citizens on the chopping block to further her career. That's all that needs to be said.

I probably sound like a broken record here, but a big part of the problem is the packaging of ideologies. After Orlando, the Left, and the MSM, when after gun owners and the NRA. They left the gay community blaming US for the act of terror perpetrated by a radical Islamist. This doesn't excuse the use of slurs (which, frankly, this being the internet, almost everybody uses freely except here). However, and I would love to be disabused of this, most of the gay people I know fully embrace the entire progressive package, which patently delegitimizes us on principle.

I would love to meet a group of gay and lesbian people who share even a fraction of my beliefs on various social and political issues, but I reckon I would settle for meeting some that at least embrace the Constitution as applicable to everyone, including people who disagree with them.

that is why it is so important to get the gay community asking: "why CAN'T i carry a handgun into my nightclub? Why IS it so hard to get a carry permit in my town? If people are targeting Gays and Lesbians, why don't we arm ourselves and protect our community as a whole--the cops standing outside for 3 hours doing nothing is NOT an acceptable answer!"

GAYs, hopefully, will start to see 2A supporters as people supporting THEIR rights too!

Point well made.

Collectively, we have to become .P.C

eta: to eliminate their sanctimonious high ground battle position.

No, we don't. Do you think they'll be any more receptive to your point of view because you address them nicely? Appeasers always think they can avoid surrender by playing nice.

that is why it is so important to get the gay community asking: "why CAN'T i carry a handgun into my nightclub? Why IS it so hard to get a carry permit in my town? If people are targeting Gays and Lesbians, why don't we arm ourselves and protect our community as a whole--the cops standing outside for 3 hours doing nothing is NOT an acceptable answer!"

GAYs, hopefully, will start to see 2A supporters as people supporting THEIR rights too!

Which is exactly why we have stop using homophobic slurs and other vile language here on NES.

No, we don't. Do you think they'll be any more receptive to your point of view because you address them nicely? Appeasers always think they can avoid surrender by playing nice.

Thats right! Always look your enemy in the eye, if you keep looking at the ground you are showing weakness, never take your eye off him/her.

[rolleyes] Okay... or, just don't use homophobic slurs because it's just, y'know, a rude thing to do.

It's not always about being PC or, as you say, "appeasing" gay people (as if that even makes sense, which it doesn't to me). It's just as much about being respectful to people you're addressing. My mom and dad taught me that; I would hope any parent would.

Even if the issue isn't sexuality, it's still silly to engage in ad hominem attacks just because people disagree with you. Even if it's about civil rights.

In some corners of the Internet the whole "safe space" thing has been taken way too far in the interests of protecting peoples' poor delicate feelings. On the other hand, allowing people to just go hog-wild with the slurs, epithets, and insults leads to a level of discourse just slightly above monkeys flinging poo. I think there is a balance to be struck between the two extremes, and up until recently NES has swung way too far in the poo flinging direction. Hopefully the latest effort from the mods to clean things up will bring things back to a somewhat better level.

Son, never mistake civility for weakness.

Obama/Clinton playbook, lie paint the callers as racist homophoobes to muddy the waters. Globe is the worst source. Keep up the calls do not relent!

It's a delightful echo chamber. If you only ever read MSM and Facebook, you'd never encounter an actual human whose progressive views differ from your own. If only we had the luxury of such sanctimony.

the best part is not a single one of them have an actual original viewpoint. They don't try to create their own opinions. They are emotional matchmakers who make relationships out of using the same opinions as someone else. F'em all.

You'd probably find the Pink Pistols to be an agreeable bunch.

I'm not your son, and don't mistake political correctness for civility.
Not having made a distinction between pc and civility, having thought they were one and the same,
i misspoke. Please replace p.c. For civility, and thanks for bringing this to my attention, son.[smile]

Question for thoughts, not to be attacked (please). While we wish to align ourselves with individuals who have not had their rights embraced by society; such as LGBT, Pink Pistols...has anyone considered TWAW (The Well Armed Women) organization that has chapters in various states, just not around here? The diversity of firearm owners, and resulting united advocacy for our rights can only strengthen our voices.
Another thought (and here is where I do not wish to be flamed) is the LEOs. While there are threads dedicated to sharing examples of 'bad cops'; the examples are not representative of the whole. Just as we do not wish to be stereotyped by the poor/criminal actions of a person breaking the law with a f.a., the LEOs in general should not be identified by those who have abused their power. BHO and his crew refused to honor the LEOs by illuminating a thin blue line at the WH after the Dallas officers were ambushed. The WH reportedly illuminated in rainbow colors and in purple, in support of the LGBT community, and in honoring the death of Prince respectively. Locally, the Somerville Mayor refused to remove a BLM banner that has been displayed for about a year. After there have been images and video of BLM protestors screaming profanity and hate speech toaward the LEO community, thus perpetuating division vs. the mending of relations they claim to strive for. The NRA wishes to align and support LEOs; the pols seems to disrespect them. We have some really great LEOs here; some who've served our country in the military and continue to want to help others through their continued dedication as LEOs. They may be presently exempt from the AG's over reach, but on a whim, that could be 're-interpreted'; they aren't naive to that fact, nor the abuse of power we have just been subjected to. We need to establish strong alliances, with groups that are organized, have voices, numbers, and who believe in and trust LTC holders.
Just my $0.02 (be gentle- our goal is amassing numbers to help us fight the good fight, not alienating potential alliances).

Back
Top Bottom