Globe opinion writer whines about the vile tone of response of AG's unlawful edict.

OK--point taken, and we should all understand that slurs are counter-productive and alienate whatever fair-minded listeners we can still engage.

That being said, no matter how we behave, they will ALWAYS make rancid, cynical caricature of our beliefs.

Not a belief. A right, afforded to use by the Constitution. Lets make it about our right being infringed.

Remember all the nice things liberals said about Bush, Clarence Thomas, etc. Did any of that vile spew come back to haunt them? Nope, because media double standards. They can rant until George Carlin's ghost blushes but we say one word and are portrayed as the worst since Lucifer went to war with God.

I hope she at least had the integrity to become a paying member here if she's going to write about us.

Dear Ms. Abraham:

I'd like to begin by sharing a few definitions with you:

stereotype

[FONT=&]transitive verb ste·reo·type \ˈster-ē-ə-ˌtīp, ˈstir-\

Popularity: Top 1% of lookups
Simple Definition of stereotype
[FONT=&]
  • : to believe unfairly that all people or things with a particular characteristic are the same
[/FONT][/FONT]
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

Yes, we can do better - but "gun people" are representative of a wide swath of society. We have our doctors, professors, lawyers, teachers. We also have some bigots. The same would be true for any subsampling of the population. What Ms. Abraham did was search for some bad examples on the internet and then wrote a piece of "journalism" that attributes that as a whole to second amendment advocates.

bigot
[FONT=&]noun big·ot \ˈbi-gət\

Simple Definition of bigot
[FONT=&]
  • : a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person;especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)
[/FONT][/FONT]

Ms. Abraham - Please read the definitions I've included in this message and take a look at yourself in the mirror.

I cannot excuse the inappropriate reaction of some people - but you should understand that the visceral reaction is due to actions of a person who unilaterally stomped on due process and civil rights. Who told us that we were criminals and she would not prosecute us at this time. This isn't even about guns - it's about due process and the rule of law.Ms. Abraham - What you have written is no better than the bigoted responses that you cite. The difference, is that you cited some guy on the internet, but your writing is carried in the "newspaper of record" in Massachusetts. When you have a losing argument on the facts, you attack personalities.

If you'd like to question my intellect and education, I'd be happy to send you a copy of my Ph.D. and my peer-reviewed scientific articles. I'd much rather be spending my time helping increase the number of underrepresented groups in STEM fields, or helping people with disabilities - but you and the Attorney General are forcing me to spend time defending my civil rights instead.

Superb.

You can denigrate that article all you want, but the reality is many people in MA have read it. There were many such statements about Healey here on NES. And the result of such statements (whether here on NES, or sent to Healey via email or a Twitter) is that our actions become the story, rather than Healey's actions. And as a result, we close the minds of many people who might otherwise have been willing to listen to us.

This is why it is important that we address Healey appropriately. This why we need to denigrate her actions, not her sexuality.

+1000

I believe she is an immigrant from Australia... She tends to be all over the place with respects to what she claims she stands for. As she calls it her passion. To me she it just a pot stirrer. [pot] I honestly never would have known she ever existed until this thread.

Dear Ms. Abraham:

I'd like to begin by sharing a few definitions with you:

stereotype

[FONT=&amp]transitive verb ste·reo·type \ˈster-ē-ə-ˌtīp, ˈstir-\

Simple Definition of stereotype
[FONT=&amp]
  • : to believe unfairly that all people or things with a particular characteristic are the same
[/FONT][/FONT]

Yes, we can do better - but "gun people" are representative of a wide swath of society. We have our doctors, professors, lawyers, teachers. We also have some bigots. The same would be true for any subsampling of the population. What Ms. Abraham did was search for some bad examples on the internet and then wrote a piece of "journalism" that attributes that as a whole to second amendment advocates.

bigot
[FONT=&amp]noun big·ot \ˈbi-gət\

Simple Definition of bigot
[FONT=&amp]
  • : a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person;especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)
[/FONT][/FONT]

Ms. Abraham - Please read the definitions I've included in this message and take a look at yourself in the mirror.

I cannot excuse the inappropriate reaction of some people - but you should understand that the visceral reaction is due to actions of a person who unilaterally stomped on due process and civil rights. Who told us that we were criminals and she would not prosecute us at this time. This isn't even about guns - it's about due process and the rule of law.Ms. Abraham - What you have written is no better than the bigoted responses that you cite. The difference, is that you cited some guy on the internet, but your writing is carried in the "newspaper of record" in Massachusetts. When you have a losing argument on the facts, you attack personalities.

If you'd like to question my intellect and education, I'd be happy to send you a copy of my Ph.D. and my peer-reviewed scientific articles. I'd much rather be spending my time helping increase the number of underrepresented groups in STEM fields, or helping people with disabilities - but you and the Attorney General are forcing me to spend time defending my civil rights instead.
Very nice!

See if any of this would also fit:

Many of us are very frustrated with the system which struggles to provide an adequate response to terrorist attacks. We keep asking, why FBI missed Orlando shooter, even when his co-workers filled numerous complains. It appears that our security systems are inefficient and never pro-active.

Human errors allowed Boston Marathon bomber to travel to get his training. FBI disregarded warning from their Russian counterparts. Many of these facts indicate a need for quick changes.

Attorney General Healey has put forth an unconstitutional ban on the sale and transfer of any firearm that operates in a similar manner to those which are banned. Her interpretation of our law, is not only unconstitutional, it puts thousands of Massachusetts residents at risk of becoming felons as almost all rifles operate in this manner. Healey explicitly declared all gun owners in the state to be felons, but that she simply chooses not to prosecute us right now. This is a gross overreach on the Attorney General's part which obviates the legislature. The previous law was clear and consumers as well as gun manufacturers have complied.

I am offended by a dangerous precedent, an overreach that seeks to redefine the role of AG. What is to stop another AG from closing, for example, “Abortion is not Murder Loophole” in another state using this precedent as justification. No AG gets to decide what is moral and then change the interpretation of a law on a whim, no matter the justification.

In one day only, Attorney General Maura Healey decided to punish thousands of citizens. Instead of engaging organizations and concerned citizens into the dialog she has decided to act on her own and made an enemy from law abiding citizens who are concerned about the public safety. Confused citizens started placing calls not only to her office but also to Governor Baker’s office but staff there was also surprised and quite confused by such an announcement. Instead of improving our fight against terror AG decided to use scare tactics against citizens who are ready to protect their homes from the terrorism and the crime.

I have been a law abiding citizen for all of my life, and I plan to continue doing so. However, if the meaning of the laws can change overnight retroactively, with no warning, I have to ask; what is the difference between this unusual behavior and the European type of dictatorship which always punished only law abiding citizens and not the actual criminals?

Do we want Attorney General to write a law and also implement it in one single day? If Attorney General does not like something, is it possible to abolish it without any public discussion, plus scare citizens with retroactive punishment which may or may not be executed by AG? I do not like soft drinks, but I do not demand that all soft drinks should disappear in 24 hours from store shelves, and those who purchased soft drinks in last 10 years, may or may not, be fined by me just because I said do. Our Commonwealth should never ever allow me to behave in such an irresponsible manner.

Any changes to Massachusetts’s laws follow a procedure that involves public input. The AG ignored the state process and back doored her personal agenda into Massachusetts’s laws. A power grab such as this is dangerous to all citizens of Massachusetts. Again, the AG is supposed to protect citizen’s rights, not make criminals out of us – especially in such a sneaky, middle of the night, backdoor way.

Let's be honest -- people said a lot worse things about Healey than that.

Yeah, and over on their forums, you have people calling for all NRA members to be round up and killed.

It's funny that they can say anything they want about us and their point remains valid, but you call someone a word that accurately describes them, and you are a bigot and your point is invalid. Your point is valid, but they aren't going to listen to you anyway.

Yeah, and over on their forums, you have people calling for all NRA members to be round up and killed.

It's funny that they can say anything they want about us and their point remains valid, but you call someone a word that accurately describes them, and you are a bigot and your point is invalid. Your point is valid, but they aren't going to listen to you anyway.

Did you ever hear or experience "bullying" before? You just did.

Did you ever hear or experience "bullying" before? You just did.

Yeah, plenty.

Another thought to make my point. Last week Wikileaks dropped a ton of emails PROVING that the DNC fixed the Democratic primary so Hillary would win(and it barely worked.) The next day, the story was about how Russia did the hack. The next day the story was about something stupid Trump said. Today, to the extent that anyone in the media is still covering it, the story is about how Trump and Putin are in bed together, despite never having met.

Yeah, plenty.

Another thought to make my point. Last week Wikileaks dropped a ton of emails PROVING that the DNC fixed the Democratic primary so Hillary would win(and it barely worked.) The next day, the story was about how Russia did the hack. The next day the story was about something stupid Trump said. Today, to the extent that anyone in the media is still covering it, the story is about how Trump and Putin are in bed together, despite never having met.

They know how to do it. Nice professional job.

Trump is a different breed , though. Watch him turning this against her very fast.

After everything they did we have to ask: Do we really think we need to be nice? Nice is so last year!

Many of us are very frustrated with the system which struggles to provide an adequate response to terrorist attacks. We keep asking, why FBI missed Orlando shooter, even when his co-workers filled numerous complains. It appears that our security systems are inefficient and never pro-active.

Human errors allowed Boston Marathon bomber to travel to get his training. FBI disregarded warning from their Russian counterparts. Many of these facts indicate a need for quick changes.

Attorney General Healey has put forth an unconstitutional ban on the sale and transfer of any firearm that operates in a similar manner to those which are banned. Her interpretation of our law, is not only unconstitutional, it puts thousands of Massachusetts residents at risk of becoming felons as almost all rifles operate in this manner. Healey explicitly declared all gun owners in the state to be felons, but that she simply chooses not to prosecute us right now. This is a gross overreach on the Attorney General's part which obviates the legislature. The previous law was clear and consumers as well as gun manufacturers have complied.

I am offended by a dangerous precedent, an overreach that seeks to redefine the role of AG. What is to stop another AG from closing, for example, “Abortion is not Murder Loophole” in another state using this precedent as justification. No AG gets to decide what is moral and then change the interpretation of a law on a whim, no matter the justification.

In one day only, Attorney General Maura Healey decided to punish thousands of citizens. Instead of engaging organizations and concerned citizens into the dialog she has decided to act on her own and made an enemy from law abiding citizens who are concerned about the public safety. Confused citizens started placing calls not only to her office but also to Governor Baker’s office but staff there was also surprised and quite confused by such an announcement. Instead of improving our fight against terror AG decided to use scare tactics against citizens who are ready to protect their homes from the terrorism and the crime.

I have been a law abiding citizen for all of my life, and I plan to continue doing so. However, if the meaning of the laws can change overnight retroactively, with no warning, I have to ask; what is the difference between this unusual behavior and the European type of dictatorship which always punished only law abiding citizens and not the actual criminals?

Do we want Attorney General to write a law and also implement it in one single day? If Attorney General does not like something, is it possible to abolish it without any public discussion, plus scare citizens with retroactive punishment which may or may not be executed by AG? I do not like soft drinks, but I do not demand that all soft drinks should disappear in 24 hours from store shelves, and those who purchased soft drinks in last 10 years, may or may not, be fined by me just because I said do. Our Commonwealth should never ever allow me to behave in such an irresponsible manner.

Any changes to Massachusetts’s laws follow a procedure that involves public input. The AG ignored the state process and back doored her personal agenda into Massachusetts’s laws. A power grab such as this is dangerous to all citizens of Massachusetts. Again, the AG is supposed to protect citizen’s rights, not make criminals out of us – especially in such a sneaky, middle of the night, backdoor way.

Well done! I would send it to every paper that will print it. I would send it to every television station that would run it. including Maine, NH and Vermont!

My question is that if the AG's office furnished email and other correspondence to the globe for this story did they also give out to the Harold? Or are they favouring one media outlet over another? Is that legal for an elected official when talking as her office and not just as a person?

FOIAing the living snot out of the AG's office over her edict and obtaining whatever back and forth she had with the Globe might prove very interesting.

I doubt her office would comply.

My question is that if the AG's office furnished email and other correspondence to the globe for this story did they also give out to the Harold? Or are they favouring one media outlet over another? Is that legal for an elected official when talking as her office and not just as a person?

Do you think any of them care? They're all above the law. [puke]

Don't fool yourselves. There are VERY few fence sitters in this state when it comes to guns. They are either on our side already or raving libtards.

Nobody is getting turned away from our side by mean names.

I have been harping on this for a while. When you play by the house rules, you lose every time. This game is rigged. Coming out even is the best outcome we get.

Don't fool yourselves. There are VERY few fence sitters in this state when it comes to guns. They are either on our side already or raving libtards.

Nobody is getting turned away from our side by mean names.

I disagree with you very strongly.

The story needs to be about her over-reaching. Not about some "gun nut" saying vile things about her. Saying vile things about her here in the NES echo chamber may make you feel good for a while, but it does nothing to help us and gives our enemies more ammunition.

Will people trying to restart the Boston chapter of Pink Pistols be comfortable here in NES while people are using homophobic slurs against Healey?

I understand your anger towards Healey. I share it. But I do think we need to elevate our tone and our game. As long as we allow vile statements towards Healey, that allows the press to paint her as the victim.

Last edited:
Alinsky’s RulePick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

The current debate over gun control is being waged via Alinsky methods. Simply put, Alinsky methods identify a group (NRA, and by extension, lawful gun owners), then freeze it. In other words don’t allow the group to define or defend itself. Whatever the community organizer says, that’s the message.

https://www.dyeager.org/2013/02/the-great-alinsky-rule-13-deception.html

Persecution frequently uses Alinsky methods — whether that persecution is legal or illegal. It’s how the Nazis went after the Jews. Pick a target. Freeze it. Personalize it. Polarize it.

In the case of government persecution this can all be legal.

Pick a group (Jews, gun owners, “rich,” etc)
Marginalize them.
Blame them for problems (economy, shootings, etc).
Create laws restricting that group.
Enforce the law.
It’s how persecution works, and it’s used against groups others see as “undesirable.”

These methods must be understood, and it’s why rights denied a group are rights denied all. You can’t have free speech while outlawing so-called hate speech. To make the attempt violates the law of consistency.

Last edited:

Very well said. What does it say when the citizens of Mass abide by ALL the RULES and then one person wakes up one day and decides to change them all by themselves? The country is watching. I would like to see you personally send this letter in for comments. Especially the Globe.

Will people trying to restart the Boston chapter of Pink Pistols be comfortable here in NES while people are using homophobic slurs against Healey?

I understand your anger towards Healey. I share it. But I do think we need to elevate our tone and our game. As long as we allow vile statements towards Healey, that allows the press to paint her as the victim.

Acting above board vs. The people who own the board. No win scenario. Being the good kid in class will get us all killed at some point.

My hope would be the "New" Pink Pistols would be wise enough to see her for what she is. Self deprecating as Milo(maybe). To see who and what she is has formed her and all decisions to this point.

They should take the angle that her only acting on this because of Orlando is not in the greater publics best interest. But only serves to divide people who would normally be on the same side.

Last edited:

The story needs to be about her over-reaching. Not about some "gun nut" saying vile things about her. Saying vile things about her here in the NES echo chamber may make you feel good for a while, but it does nothing to help us and gives our enemies more ammunition.

I agree with you mostly. This isn't about Healy being gay or ugly, it's about abuse of authority and our God given, natural rights. The argument should be framed as such.

The problem is that WE are the victims of hate and civil rights abuse. We will do the right thing for a while. Call our reps, file lawsuits and write many eloquent letters to papers and people . We will rally and chant and wave flags. We after all, are on the right side of this fight.

After all of these steps fail to reverse the tide against us (and they will fail) what do we have left?

Again I agree 100% stay on point folks.

Back
Top Bottom