Globe Article about 501 CMR 15.00

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
Rosenthal said he does not buy the argument that gun clubs’ events will go away if the regulations are adopted. The National Rifle Association, he said, has deep pockets to help out with expenses for police details.

“The Turkey Shoot will happen, guaranteed,’’ Rosenthal said. “If the events are popular and worthwhile, they will take place even if it costs a little bit more to ensure safety.’’

Oh and John, go F yourself you chicken s**t coward.

Does the Glob have to run each gun article by John for his comments before it's printed?

I thought that was a requirement for the Globe. They can't have an accurate gun related article because then the sheep might realize that guns aren't the problem. If they run it by an idiot like Rosenthal before they print it, they can ensure that there is enough propaganda to keep the people ignorant to the truth.

Rosenthal has deep pockets to keep spreading his half-truths and outright lies so he can pay for the police details out of his pockets if it is so important to him.

I like that crack about the NRA and deep pockets.

The NRA helps in some youth programs, and in some range improvement programs, but for the most part it is GOAL's Heritage fund that helps out local clubs. And as one that helps decide what kind of things the Heritage Fund will be used for, I can tell you right now that a club's "Fund Raiser" is NOT one of the requests that will get much support.

But I guess if John says it, it must be gospel.

I thought you and Dan made great points and it's great to see that they actually published it. Thanks!

There have been more deaths and injuries from golf balls at golf courses than at shooting ranges. Perhaps a police detail at all golf courses is needed? With a safety plan filed in advance, say 30 days?

Very articulate Jim. Rosenthal is a POS. Yeah, I'm sure he'd like the evil NRA to spend it's money on police details and hiring instructors as opposed to lobbying and advocating for lawful gun owners.

Every time I read a quote by him, my IQ drops.

I wish an elderly driver would careen of the road and run straight into Rosenthals big fat stupid head.

Harris said the regulations are not a response to last year’s accident, but a comprehensive package to create a safer environment for those who use guns.

No thanks dipshit. Enough with the nanny state crap. I banged my thumb with a hammer today. Does that mean they'll be passing a "comprehensive package" for that too?

Morons.

No thanks dipshit. Enough with the nanny state crap. I banged my thumb with a hammer today. Does that mean they'll be passing a "comprehensive package" for that too?

Morons.

Exactly. We need a comprehensive package to protect us from him... oh wait...

Harris said the regulations are not a response to last year’s accident, but a comprehensive package to create a safer environment for those who use guns.

“These were reforms that needed to be made,’’ he said. “They are just overdue.’’

No thanks! I'll keep an eye on myself and do not need regulations to further impact our sport. We already have a Nanny State as is...this is just a kick in the nuts to all law abiding gun owners.

I wonder if this does come to pass, if there will be a way to have a club, but not call it a club... Have a Turkey Shoot...but not call it a raffle... Basically, have a privately owned piece of land that you can "donate" for the use of?

Anyhow... I about ready to give up on this Commie State anyhow. Just another nail.

It was a good article up until the end. Typical Globe. This is the way I saw the article laid out:

First 80% of the article: Rational, thoughtful gun owners discussing what will be lost if these new laws pass

Last 20% of the article makes 4 points in quick succession to end the article:

1. An 8 year old boy would be alive today if these laws had been in place
2. These events will still take place, they will just be safer now
3. Other states besides MA have these reasonable laws in place already
4. These laws aren't a knee jerk reaction to Westford, they are simply much needed overdue reforms

The Globe's agenda and bias are clear. I think this piece will result in more support for the new regulations due to the last 4 points the Globe intentionally ended with. Now people that didn't have an opinion before will have the correct talking points and counter-arguments to people protesting the changes.

Our Future

Bad ending to a Glob article? Wow...what a surprize!

But our posts here are simply preaching to the choir.

If your club has a Field Day, Turkey Shoot, LTC Course, or ANY event that allows the public, or educates non-shooters, get your local paper to cover it. If your club is used by your local PD for training, make sure that the community at large knows about it. If you have a Junior member who wins a competition, or a team that wins a shoot, let people in the wider, non-shooting world know! We all know that if there's a problem, that will be in the news, so get the good press!

Find a non-shooter (doesn't have to be a dyed-in-the-wool Anti) and bring them to the range.

Drive by your club (or another) and try to look at it as a non-shooter would see it - does it look like a welcoming place, or a Secret Lair of Gun Nuts? Perception is important, and as long as the general public has a perception that shooters are strange, dangerous folk, that's how we'll be treated.

In Mass., shooters tend to be fairly insular - we need to build bridges, or the ferry service will be shut down.

OK - done with the metaphors.

Interesting item about this article. It took the reporter (Julie Masis) over 3 weeks to write it, she spent quite a bit of time one day speaking to Jim Wallace our executive director during which he set her straight on the issue and she chose not to use any of what he told her.

It's unfortunate that she missed an opportunity to report all of the facts.

Back
Top Bottom