Giraud Power Trimmer

Is this a candidate for a group buy?

Here is the message I received:
Curtis,

Thank you for your interest in my machine. With a backlog of over
80+ orders and growing daily, I can't meet the demand as it is now
at full price. Discounting the price to increase sales is
counterproductive to my ability to fill orders at this time.

Thanks,
Doug Giraud
Giraud Tool Company, Inc.

Just as you folks suspected!

[cerberus];2737135 said:
Sounds like he needs an engineer to make his manufacturing more efficient.

Or a competitor

[laugh]

So, anyone have one I can borrow for a couple of weeks? I'd like to see how fast it'll handle .223 brass that I'm just about to begin processing. I'm just about fresh out of cash after upgrading to the XL650, but I'd like to add the Giraud to the list for later next year.

Thanks!

Hi Dave:

No pressure but I just ordered one in .223/5.56 on your recommendation ! [smile]

The info didn't say what size drill it required. Is 3/8 large enough ?

Yesterday, I had to take my really old (40 Yrs) corded drill outside with the 100 ft extension cord and I wondered why I didn't have a cordless drill. After I ordered the trimmer, It was off to Home Depot to buy a drill. So far you've cost me a bundle !!!!![rofl]

WFT Trimmer Mounted it to a small motor I had and did 1200 .223 in 45 min. Made to use in a dril. At under $70 plus shipping you can't go wrong
Dave

http://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/wft.html

WFT Trimmer Mounted it to a small motor I had and did 1200 .223 in 45 min. Made to use in a dril. At under $70 plus shipping you can't go wrong
Dave

http://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/wft.html

Do you have one? I've been thinking about getting one. From what I've read it is a little bit of pain to get setup but once you have it dialed in it is great.

Do you have one? I've been thinking about getting one. From what I've read it is a little bit of pain to get setup but once you have it dialed in it is great.

Rewster, 3/8 drill is fine and welcome to the 21st century with buying a cordless drill.

Mike, It took me all of 5 min to get it set up and set to length. Has 2 set screws to set and lock the length in, Just use 1 until your set then lock the second one down. No burr to talk about and none after I tumbled again. Trick I learned is measure your first trimmed case and measure the distance from the from the bearing to the cutter and adjust to what length you want. Once it's set you will not need to touch your adjustment again until you decide to change a cutter which I don't see happening for the next 10k shells. Random check along the way showed all cases within .001.

Dave

Last edited:
Rewster, 3/8 drill is fine and welcome to the 21st century with buying a cordless drill.

Mike, It took me all of 5 min to get it set up and set to length. Has 2 set screws to set and lock the length in, Just use 1 until your set then lock the second one down. No burr to talk about and none after I tumbled again. Trick I learned is measure your first trimmed case and measure the distance from the from the bearing to the cutter and adjust to what length you want. Once it's set you will not need to touch your adjustment again until you decide to change a cutter which I don't see happening for the next 10k shells. Random check along the way showed all cases within .001.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I've read good things about them but don't know anyone that has actually used one. I've got a table top drill press I plan to use once I get reloading .223/5.56. I plan on getting a Weldon DB-18 to deal with the crimped primers.

I asked for a wft for Christmas. Hopefully one shows up. My bin of sized, UN trimmed brass is getting full.

Order the Giraud and wait patiently. They rock.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

The only issue I see with that drill based tool is that it doesn't chamfer. The giraud does, at the same time as it cuts.

The only issue I see with that drill based tool is that it doesn't chamfer. The giraud does, at the same time as it cuts.

Didn't notice any that that needed to chamfer and definitely nothing to chamfer after tumbling. Once fired brass I tumble, lube and size then trim followed by tumbling to get rid of the lube

Back
Top Bottom