GFA Arms Tech - Natick

Hmmmm looks like I'm leaving work early tomorrow to get there to make a certain purchase!!!

***Edit***

Screw that I'm coming on my lunch break. I drove by your shop the other day but it was closed. Is the entrance to the place in the front (actually on summer St) or in the back? I drove by it the other day really quick.

Enter on Summer St, under the ArmsTec sign with the huge MP5 on it [wink]

New Storefront Operation

Is this a fairly new storefront operation? I looked this place up about a year ago drove out to Natick and could only find a auto repair shop at the location. When I called the phone number the person on the other end said they did not do business with the public???

Last edited:
Is this a fairly new storefront operation? I looked this place up about a year ago drove out to Natick and could only find a auto repair shop at the location. When I called the phone number the person on the other end said they did not do business with the public???

This is a new retail operation.....although we've been dealing with the public for years now. We share space with the auto repair facility.
Don't know who you may have spoken to a year ago but they gave you the wrong information. Regardless, we are fully stocked, we have a great selection, great service and we're open from 9-5 Monday to Friday (open late till 8:00pm on thursdays) and 10:00 - 3:00 on Saturday.

I bought a new Arsenal SGL 21 AK47 from the store today with all the bells and whistles. The process and people couldn't have been easier or more accommodating to work with. Greg and Jay make you feel like you are the most important customer whenever you come by to look around or to buy. They were patient and took the time to answer all of my questions and teach my dumb ass a thing or two.

I now own a brand new, Mass. compliant, Russian AK47 (as close as I can legally get) with a lifetime warranty. How cool is that?

Their new hours and storefront are great also. It's worth a trip to see their selection. I'm more than satisfied.

I bought a new Arsenal SGL 21 AK47 from the store today with all the bells and whistles. The process and people couldn't have been easier or more accommodating to work with. Greg and Jay make you feel like you are the most important customer whenever you come by to look around or to buy. They were patient and took the time to answer all of my questions and teach my dumb ass a thing or two.

I now own a brand new, Mass. compliant, Russian AK47 (as close as I can legally get) with a lifetime warranty. How cool is that?

Their new hours and storefront are great also. It's worth a trip to see their selection. I'm more than satisfied.

Thanks for the great review Ash,

We really like to see peope leave our shop feeling like they were listened to. We are in the gun business primarily because we love guns and shooting....we enjoy talking about guns, cleaning guns, fixing guns.....it's more than just a business where we try to get bodies in and out as fast as we can with the "Deli line" mentality. That's what the volume dealers are after. We try to offer more than just cookie-cutter firearms designed to move fast, which is why we really strive to keep a very interesting selection of nice firearms available to Mass LTC holders. You're going to really enjoy the Arsenal AK.......it's a beauty.

Last edited:
Had another flawless transaction at GFA Arms Tech earlier this week. Had another receiver transfered in- lowest transfer price in the area at $35. This was the first time I've seen their new store front, and all I can say is "wow." They have some very rare AKs in that shop, and they are actually reasonably priced for what they are. If I had more money, I would have walked out with one of them. They also have a pretty decent semi-auto pistol selection, as well as other combloc rifles. And they really have quite a diverse selection of long guns. It was just fun perusing all of them.

The entrance is inside of the open car repair shop, so don't get lost like I did when I was looking for the store front. You have to walk inside of the furthest right bay and then go into the shop entrance.

I also picked up some match grade ammo for the rifle I'm building. For a gunshop, they have some pretty fair prices on several calibers of centerfire rifle ammunition. If you don't see what you're looking for it in the shop, ask them and they have a bunch of stuff out of sight.

Before heading out I discussed a re-welded AK project that I'm shipping out to a welder and was pleasantly surprised when Greg told me they'd "Massify" the muzzle nut for me with a blind pin weld for reasonable coin. It's hard finding a shop that will not only do transfers for such projects, but also help you get it to legal compliance upon "importing" the rifle.

So I appreciate these guys' operation a bunch.

Last edited:
I've got to throw my $0.02 in here. Just bought a S&W Mdl 10-5 from Greg and Jay. I got the BEST deal of my life. For a variety of reasons, the deal was significantly in my favor and Greg was absolutely great to deal with. True professional and a pleasure to deal with. I will definitely be buying more there. Heck, Greg is handling a special order for me that's about as far from "tactical" as you can get. Not only is he more than willing to handle the order, but he's checking with multiple distributors to get me the best deal.
Well worth the drive from anywhere to see him.
Aloha,
Doug

They have a great website with a list of inventory that is updated pretty often. I had called about something specific and they were great to deal with by phone. I stopped in on a Saturday and picked it up at a very good price. Great prices and service. The guys were great to deal with and will be back for sure.

Another great experience at GFA, but a little different this time.

I swung by yesterday to browse around and saw a really nice used S&W .38 pocket gun for a very attractive price. Jay and Greg kept telling me to only buy it if I really wanted it, and not to buy it only because the price was good. Well of course I didn't listen to them and bought it.

Wouldn't you know it, when I got home and started thinking about it I realized that it didn't fit for me. When I brought it back this morning to ask if I could change my mind and return it, they couldn't have been more accommodating. I expected a few "I told you so's", but they were very professional and said they wanted me to be satisfied. They didn't want me to be keep a gun that didn't fit for me.

How is that for great customer service? I'm glad that the word is getting around and the place is getting busier and busier. Their prices on firearms are really good and they really treat their customers well. FYI, if anyone is looking for a sweet S&W 629 in .44 Magnum, I saw one there that is priced to sell.

Fantastic experience. Greg and crew run a great store. Picked up an interstate transfer and also a used firearm at a great price. Completely satisfied with my first, but not last, time there!

Made my second purchase at GFA a few days ago, just as satisfying as the first. Once again, the guys were great, friendly, and very welcoming.

The reason I'm posting another review after I already gave them a glowing one, is because I was looking for a factory Glock 36 mag as I had modified my spare with a +1 Pearce baseplate and did not like it. I like the Pearce finger extension baseplate, but not the +1. Well one of the guys there also carries a G36 and he actually gave me the mag out of his own gun because it was exactly what I wanted. Can't beat that for customer service. If I had gone in there looking to buy a shirt, they probably would have gave me the ones off of their backs. What a crew.

I also picked up a Rossi Puma in .357/.38. Haven't fired it yet, but it's a beautiful gun. Lightly used, not a mark on it. Might as well be new. My first lever action with a rifleman loop lever.

I also picked up a Rossi Puma in .357/.38. Haven't fired it yet, but it's a beautiful gun. Lightly used, not a mark on it. Might as well be new. My first lever action with a rifleman loop lever.

If it is the one I am thinking about, I was at the shop when the guy who owned it brought it in, still in the original box. Very lightly used if at all from what I remember.

Zombi - I was going to get that rifle!! That was in great condition (and the price was right) so I am glad it found a good home.

I swung in today looking for an older S&W revolver, and for the first time couldn't find anything that called out to me. So Greg said to wait a second, and he went back into one of his safes and pulled out something he wanted to show me. He opens up the package and out pops what looks to be an unfired S&W Model 36 with a 3" barrel (circa 1970), with the original box and accessories. He gave me a better than fair price and I walked out happy. They have so many things that other shops just don't carry and everyone there is super friendly and helpful. I'm not sure if its a good or bad thing that I am 5 minutes away.

The entrance is inside of the open car repair shop, so don't get lost like I did when I was looking for the store front. You have to walk inside of the furthest right bay and then go into the shop entrance.

Something about this has a certain "cool factor" that I really like. I've got to get over to that place.

Have not been to the shop but I did notice something that caught my eye on their inventory sheet online. I contacted them Via E-mail and got quick responses from Greg. Very friendly and he was also were corresponding outside regular business hours. As the firearm was not the one that I was looking for I was not able to make a transaction. However they did say they would keep an eye open for what I was looking for. This is the first time I have been told this and I actually believe it.

Keep up the good work only wish you were not an hr+ away but I will visit when I free up some time.

Wow, sarcasm really is useful when you're out and about in an unfamiliar area, and trying to find something with limited web access....so glad you spent the time on that rather than actually help someone who asked...
As far as actually helping, he DID. I clicked on his link and, after getting his cute ("sarcastic") Google screen, went right to the web site. I also got a free lesson in how to find such things for myself in case I want to do it some time when a good guy like 1911 isn't around to help me out. If the price of that is what you consider gratuitous sarcasm, well, it's still cheap.

Some people would bitch if you hung 'em with a new rope.

I purchased a rifle from them this past weekend, I have to say I was VERY impressed with the way they do business.

The prices are very reasonable, the inventory is beyond belief for such a small store. Everyone that works there is very knowledgeable and always willing to help you.

All I can say is Keep doing what you're doing!!! For those that haven't visited them, I suggest you go soon!!

I will be back, you can bet on that!!

Came here last week to make my first ever purchase and it couldn't have been any easier or friendly. Great little shop absolutely loaded wall to wall with some great pieces. Good online inventory page as well.

GfaArmsTec is about a 5 minute drive from my office, but I didn't know they were there until last week. Was in there today to look at an HK USP. After talking for about 30 minutes about what I wanted, my preferences, and handling about 5 different weapons, I left with a compact S&W 1911 and couldn't be happier. Excellent service, good prices and a unique selection.

did another receiver transaction there today and I couldn't be happier. The guys that work there certainly know how to build AKs, and they're more than willing to offer assistance if needed. This is pretty comforting to know especially since I don't build mine in a machine shop.

Can't say enough positive things about these guys.

I have bought three high end firearms from GFA arms tech in the span of 1 month and could not be more satisfied, and I plan more. This is my arms shop of choice and I give it my highest recommendation. Very, very interesting collection of historical and military firearms (with a very complete modern firearm selection as well), first rate knowledge and customer service oriented persons who are both gun guys and family guys. What could be better?

Another great experience with Greg & Jay at GFA this week. I've been thinking about picking up something special and out of my normal buying tendencies. I swung by the store looking to buy a cool pre-ban AK or AR. After a couple of days of asking questions and getting information from the guys at the shop (as well as from Flintoid & SKS Ray) I picked up a really sweet unfired pre-ban Polytech Underfolder. Greg and Jay showed me a bunch of different examples of ARs & AKs (who else has so many different high end pre-bans to check out???) and let me take all the time I needed to make a decision. They didn't try and push the most expensive ones on me, but they tried really hard to help me pick out the right gun for me.

I've probably picked up over a dozen guns from GFA (including transfers) and I have been treated the same way every time, regardless of whether its a $35 transfer or a $1K+ pre-ban rifle. I can't give the place higher marks.

Stopped by Arms Tec about a week ago just to browse the store. Definitely a great selection of firearms, ammo, mags, and other accessories. Greg and the rest of the staff definitely know their way around firearms and easy to get along with. Ended up walking out that day with a new PS90 and 500 rounds of 5.7

Went back there a few days ago to trade in my M&P9. Again, great service and a very fair trade in. Got rid of the M&P9 and walked out with 1,000 5.7 rounds and a new PS90 mag.

Arms Tec has become my #1 go-to firearm shop. Though I have had good experiences at other places in MA/RI, they come nowhere close to this place. I highly recommend everyone at least stop in and browse, as you'll be surprised by what they have in stock. If only I could find more excuses to visit Natick...

I can't praise this shop enough!!!

Went in there today and picked up a shiney new to me Glock 27. aswell as a boatload of 7.62x54r ammunition.

Another fantastic firearm purchase as usual, keep up the great work!

Back
Top Bottom