• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Getting started...

Bill Nance

Banned
My wife and I plan on getting serious about firearms training this sprig/summer. (Home firearms safety and basic pistol). So far we've held a couple of home firearms safety courses and basically gone over what works (training wise) what doesn't and what's just too much information for the time period. we're pretty much set to go as far as teaching goes so we're gearing up for the warmer weather.

We're raring to go but have a few things I wanted to ask the more experienced folks.

We'd like to make ourselves a niche as "liberal/progressive" friendly. Part of firearms education from my POV is getting people to grasp that RKBA is a civil right, not a GOP issue. I think there's a market for this. I know a lot of liberals are put off by guns because of the politics but are still interested if they have a friendly opportunity to try it out. Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

We're also trying to figure out insurance. I figure we'll want a million dollar policy. Is that enough? Anyone have any recommendations for insurance companies?

Finally, other than advertising in the local paper, my webpage and NES, we'd figured to try some classes in cooperation with some other adult-ed type places if we can talk our way in there. We also thought we'd distribute flyers around the area door to door. (I'll pay a neighbor kid to take them around).

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm all ears, thanks for taking time to read this.

-Bill Nance

Bill
You have 2 choices for insurance. First the NRA program offered by Lockton Risk
second, the Insurance offered by Joseph Chiarello (sp??)

A few years ago almost everyone that I know was insured by Lockton.
At that time Lockton covered ONLY NRA courses
It was very difficult to get a straight answer from them as to what was covered
For example I called them two times in one week and asked the same question.
Guess what, I got two very different answers

Now all of my insurance is with Joseph Chiarello
They are the big name in Firearms insurance, not just instructor insurance

The current prices are just about the same

If you need their contact info, just ask

Back
Top Bottom