• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Get your seeds

Some of the smaller seed companies are already selling out of their for this spring. Particularly some of heirloom/OP companies. Apparently this is due to high demand and also a poor seed harvest from last year. I saw Home Depot has their seed already and I assume most of the other stores do as well. I nned to sort through what I have and order what I need this week. Trying some new varieties of dry beans and an heirloom flint corn for cornmeal. Also some multiplier onions and oats. Also need to prep the .22 for the battle of the woodchucks. I won last year but they got me 2 yrs ago.

We order most of our non-hybrid seed sets from Johnny's Seeds out of Maine... good people/ good prices with a decent assortment. In going through their catalog, I did find that last years damp weather took out some of their selections for the year but they seemed well stocked, otherwise.

www.johnnyseeds.com

Johnnys is great. I have used them for several years. I used High Mowing out of VT for the first time this year and they are awesome. THey had the Calais flint corn I have been looking for. If you are looking for anything real unusual try Seed Savers Exchange.

Back
Top Bottom