Get Ready, its already begun

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
Well my friends, its happened again. Barry is in office and ammunition sales and firearms sales have gone up two fold. Some folks are still holding prices but I predict by the end of the month both ammo and firearms will go out of sight.
One auction site has a dealer who pulled all of his SKS's and AK's off and re posted them. A once Yugo SKS which he has an opening bid of $300 is now.......$475. Rifles like the Mosin will go up but more importantly the ammo will jump in price. Here we go again[frown]

Quess it good that I'm just about out of gun money...I stocked up on 22 lr then and now.
My other ammo will have to be enough.

Basically the only economy I have been supporting is food and guns/ammo for the last 8 years.

Before that wife and I did not think twice about dropping a few hundred on weekends out and about.

I already noticed ammo price increases before the election. One vendor had fed m855 for 320/1000 for most of the year checked last week now 399.00
Surplus stuff is all over the place. I have seen 54 r spam cans go up on some and down on other suppliers...I might just order a few entry level mosins just to say I bought them when they where x$. I see this all as capitalism at its best. As long as people pony up the money the prices will rise. I'm looking at m44 for now.
I passed up on the mosin snipers going around and purchased ammo instead.

I was in my local shop the morning after and it was the busiest I had ever seen it. Every person that came in at least bought ammo. I saw 3 different people who had licenses but no hand guns buying guns specifically for home defence. People are scared S**ts gunna skyrocket

I was in my local shop the morning after and it was the busiest I had ever seen it. Every person that came in at least bought ammo. I saw 3 different people who had licenses but no hand guns buying guns specifically for home defence. People are scared S**ts gunna skyrocket

Just stating the obvious that by everyone running out buying it up helps prices go up supply and demand. Not that I blame everyone I have added to my inventory lately if I go to the range and plan to shoot 100 rounds of a certain caliber I'll buy 200.

Bring it,I want to build a blown 347 stroker.

My guns I don't care safe is ready,waiting a month to start spamming the classifieds,I might test the waters here first.

I am well stocked, always have been[wink] I am only passing on information after going to Hoffman's to pick up ammo for the guy I work for part time. Once stacked high 556 is now gone. Its limited to buying one case, dealer or not.

I work the occasional saturday at a local shop and I sold 5 AR's before lunch today.... The bad part is there was nothing to replace the empty spots in the rack and everything is backordered.

Price gouging. Had a customer yesterday from North of Boston come to buy a Mosin-Nagant instead of driving to the next town over and pay them $50 more than the price advertised last week.

Price gouging. Had a customer yesterday from North of Boston come to buy a Mosin-Nagant instead of driving to the next town over and pay them $50 more than the price advertised last week.

I suspect you will have nothing left after your sale.

Is that giant tank gun on sale? [rofl]

Prediction:

The ammo and gun drought will be over in a couple of months. Nothing like the last Obamascare.

In 2008, the run on supplies began five months before the election, as soon as it became apparent that McCain and Obama would run against eachother, and prices/supplies didn't come back to earth until Sept/Oct 2009.

By this January, barring any stupid legislation or Executive Orders, the market will rebound. Enough buyers, like myself, fell for the hype the last time, and won't fall for it again. Besides, I think I'm pretty well stocked.

I picked up some powder and primers on Saturday (because I had too much empty brass, not because of Obamascare), and the price was a few bucks higher for each than it was last time I purchased. My source for cast boolits hasn't gone up yet, though. Still $50/1000 for 124gn .356 RN, so happy about that.

Back
Top Bottom