• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Georgetown Fish and Game

I was formerly a member of Mass Rifle but about a year ago my family and I moved to Boxford so I let me membership lapse as it was too far to go. Georgetown, at the time, was closed for new members. I just looked today and saw they are now open. I printed off the application and filled it out. However, I don't know anyone who is a member there and the app says sponsor/references. Am I reading it correctly that it can be references OR sponsors or some combo of both and I don't need a sponsor? A sponsor would be tough since I am new to the area and I don't know anyone who is a member there.

Thank you

I was formerly a member of Mass Rifle but about a year ago my family and I moved to Boxford so I let me membership lapse as it was too far to go. Georgetown, at the time, was closed for new members. I just looked today and saw they are now open. I printed off the application and filled it out. However, I don't know anyone who is a member there and the app says sponsor/references. Am I reading it correctly that it can be references OR sponsors or some combo of both and I don't need a sponsor? A sponsor would be tough since I am new to the area and I don't know anyone who is a member there.

Thank you

Next meeting is March 9th. If I can make it, I will sponsor you.

Jim Wallace and State Rep Lenny Mirra spoke at the Membership meeting on Monday. It was my first time hearing Jim speak in person. Very glad we have someone like Jim on our side. And Rep Mirra is also a great guy and friend to our cause. He's my Rep so I have corresponded with him quite a bit in the past. Listening to what they had to say, I came away both more angry but ultimately a bit more hopeful about our prospects. The anger part comes from getting further confirmation about the cesspool that is Beacon Hill politics. The hope comes in knowing that there are great people working to correct this, though it's going to be a long and slow process unfortunately.

I have printed off an application and will be attending the next meeting in hopes of joining. I have references but no sponsor as I do not know any members, will that be an issue? Also, does anyone know if it would be possible for me to take a tour before applying?

I have printed off an application and will be attending the next meeting in hopes of joining. I have references but no sponsor as I do not know any members, will that be an issue? Also, does anyone know if it would be possible for me to take a tour before applying?
I believe they still have trap shoots on weds night open to public. Im sure someone will show you around

If you want to become a member at the next meeting, your application needs to be in before the BoD meeting, which is the Monday before the regular meeting. The BoD reviews all applications before they can be brought up at the general meeting.
Trap is open to the public Sundays at 1:00 and Wednesdays at 6:30.
PM me and I can show you around some time too.

I have emailed every officer listed on the website about my application with a question - zero response in almost a month. Not impressed. please do not cash my check, I will be looking elsewhere.

Last meeting I attended they talked about closing membership for being full. The website says "currently closed to new members"

Had everything filled out and sent in prior... still exactly zero reply from anyone listed as officers on the website after multiple inquiries. Common courtesy to simply reply??
Was referred to join by a prominent member of GF&G and local LEO - he did warn me however they are not very responsive. Just saved a couple hundred bucks... no worries.

Had everything filled out and sent in prior... still exactly zero reply from anyone listed as officers on the website after multiple inquiries. Common courtesy to simply reply??
Was referred to join by a prominent member of GF&G and local LEO - he did warn me however they are not very responsive. Just saved a couple hundred bucks... no worries.
Country Pond Fish and Game in Newton NH is just 15 - 20 minute drive north from Georgetown. We are accepting new members........actually this Saturday the 23rd is the open house from 9am to 4pm. All outdoor ranges open to the public. I will be there running the plate shoots. feel free to stop by and introduce yourself, shoot some plates, shoot some rifles, or shoot some trap (the trap range is open from 9am to 4pm and the first round is free for new comers).

The club has an indoor pistol range open 24 hours for anything up to 44 magnum. 25, 50, and 100 yard outdoor berms open 9am to sundown. Trap open tue, sat, and sun. Plenty of events each month, pin shoots, plate shoots, practice plates wedensday night April to September, 3 gun matches, cmp,.

Here is the flyer for the open house. PM also sent

http://cpfgc.com/DOCS/openhouse.pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom