• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Georgetown Fish and Game

Takl23

NES Member
Is about 5 minutes from my house and am considering joining. Anyone around here a member? I drove down the street to it the other day as I pass it on my way home from work everyday and I liked what I saw. Thanks guys!

I am a member and on the BoD.

Meetings are the 2nd Monday of the month at 8:00

A bunch of guys shoot trap on wednesday nights at 6:30 if you are interested. Open to the public. I may be there tonight, but not sure yet.

If not, I would be glad to meet you some time to show you around.

Bumping this Thread. I don't want to start a new Georgetown F & G thread so I am hijacking this one. If there is an official thread or a more appropriate place to post please direct me there or move me over.

Looking to connect with NES members who are also members of Georgetown. Especially new members, which I consider myself to be. I don't make it to monthly meetings as I have conflicting work schedule.

I think it would be a good thing to have a place where we can discuss the club, policies, etc.. Hope to hear from some folks.

Does Georgetown Fish and Game club have weekly trap shoots open to the public for a fee per round? I belong to another club but trap is not very popular and I have taken a liking to it.....

Weekly trap Wednesday at 630 on the dot. Run voluntarily so if there's no attendance they close up. All winter its under lights same time. Also Sunday at 1 no need for lights. $4 a round non members bring your own shells and cash for round fee. Been a member there since the winter. Nice place. Missed the last two meetings with conflicts but what's with the flags?

Does Georgetown Fish and Game club have weekly trap shoots open to the public for a fee per round? I belong to another club but trap is not very popular and I have taken a liking to it.....

I believe wed nights and sundays. Yes open to public. Ill check hours next time I am there.

The whole flag situation is one of the reasons I wanted to open up a dialog. My understanding of the new rules is as follows.
Red Flag Flying at Midrange or Pistol = range clear. No touching firearms step away from bench. No loading mags etc.

Red Flag Not flying = Live range

This is not marked anywhere, except in the minutes of the last meeting and maybe in the new rule book, which I have not received.

Military ranges are live fire when red flag is flying as is my understanding. Basically the opposite of what the new rule is at GF&G This could really cause a bad mistake. Also the Pistol and midrange are so short, you would really have to be an idiot to fire when someone was down range.
The one place it would maybe be helpful would be the 100 yard. And they dont have it there.

I really like the new 25 yard area at the big bore range. I wish there was some way we could incorporate approved steel targets at the 100 yard position.

I would really like to hear from some other members. I'm going to keep bumping this thread every so often to see if I can get a little discussion going. I am also going to try to attend a meeting soon.

I kept editing because I was fat fingering an iphone at work. I am home now and cleaned it up.

Last edited:
Weekly trap Wednesday at 630 on the dot. Run voluntarily so if there's no attendance they close up. All winter its under lights same time. Also Sunday at 1 no need for lights. $4 a round non members bring your own shells and cash for round fee. Been a member there since the winter. Nice place. Missed the last two meetings with conflicts but what's with the flags?

Thanks for the info....I'm close by in haverhill......will prbly be there!

Im a member of this club. New Guy , also ( year 2 ).

Im confused about the flag thing also. And yes , every other range from club to Army , uses a red flag to mean : Hot range , ( " Guns are being shot now"). Maybe someone wrote it down backwards ?

So I do what Ive always done : communicate with words to fellow shooters , clear and then do not handle weapons if someone is in front of me.

Georgetown has a good solid set of approved targets for each of the shooting areas , and Ive seen the list adapt and change over the year and a half Ive been there. BoD/Admin is responsive and reasonable , so i think we might be able to get a discussion going about a steel target approval on the rifle range.

After all , i know the BP guys shoot steel saw blades on the High Power range with BoD permission.

Well I might be sold on stopping by for a round of trap on Thursday the 25th of July! Hoping to get out and see what Georgetown f and g has to offer!

Well I might be sold on stopping by for a round of trap on Thursday the 25th of July! Hoping to get out and see what Georgetown f and g has to offer!

Are you going with someone? The public trap shoots are on Wednesday not Thursday. I don't want you to show up and find no one there if you had misread the post.

Are you going with someone? The public trap shoots are on Wednesday not Thursday. I don't want you to show up and find no one there if you had misread the post.

Crap youa re right.......I didn't misread I though it was only Tuesday! Sucks to get old![rofl]I'll try for next Wednesday then!!!!!

Good to meet you today. Hope the trap went well. Were any of those other guys NESrs?

Don't know if they were NESers but we had a good time. I think 7 showed up to shoot trap and the guy that runs does a great job.....no pressure just for practice and fun. I wanted to ask you what pistol you picked up and come take a look but as I'm not a member didn't want to push any buttons and just walk out on the range......looks like you were having quite a discussion with one of the other members about the rules so I stayed put :)

If they are open next Wednesday I'll swing in for another round of trap or two!!!! The wife is out of town and I'll be a bachelor for a week and looking for places to shoot!

I picked up a Glock 26. That was why I was asking if you had brought pistols, I would have signed you in as my guest. Oh well, next time.

Yeah, the gentleman I was discussing the rules with turned out to be the president of the club. He had a bit of a problem with me "rapid firing."

I explained to him, that I do not normally do that, however I purchased this new carry pistol today, and I want to function check it with the ammunition I will be carrying with it. I said, sometimes these things can be finicky with HPs so I want to make sure it can handle the rapid firing.

I may be there next Wed. If so, maybe I'll bring the SG and try my luck at trap. Never done it.

I picked up a Glock 26. That was why I was asking if you had brought pistols, I would have signed you in as my guest. Oh well, next time.

Yeah, the gentleman I was discussing the rules with turned out to be the president of the club. He had a bit of a problem with me "rapid firing."

I explained to him, that I do not normally do that, however I purchased this new carry pistol today, and I want to function check it with the ammunition I will be carrying with it. I said, sometimes these things can be finicky with HPs so I want to make sure it can handle the rapid firing.

I may be there next Wed. If so, maybe I'll bring the SG and try my luck at trap. Never done it.

Trap is a blast. Not 100% sure he will be there next wednesday to run the trap house but I'll probalby swing by just in case like I said I'll be a bachelor for a couple days and looking for something to do close by. Sounded like your glock was doing fine though!

Bumping this Thread. I don't want to start a new Georgetown F & G thread so I am hijacking this one. If there is an official thread or a more appropriate place to post please direct me there or move me over.

Looking to connect with NES members who are also members of Georgetown. Especially new members, which I consider myself to be. I don't make it to monthly meetings as I have conflicting work schedule.

I think it would be a good thing to have a place where we can discuss the club, policies, etc.. Hope to hear from some folks.

Just joined in May . I usually shoot late in the day sat or sun or both. Can stay 15 minutes or have been there for hours. I'm in Byfield. My 11 y/o shot a 22 rifle for the first time last week. He loves it. The wife likes our Ruger SR 22. Last week we all went thru 700 or so 22s.

Just joined in May . I usually shoot late in the day sat or sun or both. Can stay 15 minutes or have been there for hours. I'm in Byfield. My 11 y/o shot a 22 rifle for the first time last week. He loves it. The wife likes our Ruger SR 22. Last week we all went thru 700 or so 22s.
That's great! I still can't get my girlfriend to come with me. I do enjoy going with my father and brother though. I am hardly ever there on the weekends, I usually lurk mid week mid day. It's a ghost town when I am there. Hope to see you sometime!

Do they allow lead shot on the trap field? I think I have a bunch of lead at home. I am planning to stop by this coming wednesday at 6:30pm.

Last edited:
Do they allow lead shot on the trap field? I think I have a bunch of lead at home. I am planning to stop by this coming wednesday at 6:30pm.

I shot there last Wednesday and they never asked and we were all shooting lead target loads. I'll probably be there as well......

I did one round of trap Wednesday then went to the big bore range. Nice to meet you guys and gal

Hey you were the guy shooting the 20 guage! I was the bald guy there with my wife. Yeah Gtown seems like a pretty nice club. I'm not a member there but joined Ayer GSC because it is close to where I work at Devens but having a place to shoot trap on Wednesday nights that is close to the house is nice. Good to meet you......

Hey, guys...

I'm in the market for a new range, I was a member at Haverhill, but has since expired, and don't plan on returning due to local range residents...
if anyone here is willing to show me around, not sure if I need a sponsor, that would be fantastic.

Evan

Hey, guys...

I'm in the market for a new range, I was a member at Haverhill, but has since expired, and don't plan on returning due to local range residents...
if anyone here is willing to show me around, not sure if I need a sponsor, that would be fantastic.

Evan

Hi, Shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to show you around. They recently changed the rules regarding membership and I am not as familiar as I would like to be. I never make the meetings because I am usually working when they happen. What time of day are you free? I am around during the day usually. If we are unable to meet up, check out Wednesday night Trap night. It is open to the public. Whoever is running that I am sure could show you around as well.

Back
Top Bottom