• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Georgetown Fish and Game

Plan on shooting trap tomorrow night with a friend of mine and my son........has anything changed? Still open to the public on WED nights right?

Finally got my LTC today. So I am looking at this club as I live right around the corner, practically, in Groveland. I have a friend at work who I believe is already in the application process there so I was going to try and meet up with him one day and see about getting an application going for myself.

Congrats on the LTC! Geez, I just left an hour ago. I would have had you come check the place out. Let me know if your friend isn't available to show you. I am around during the day mid week usually.

Congrats on the LTC! Geez, I just left an hour ago. I would have had you come check the place out. Let me know if your friend isn't available to show you. I am around during the day mid week usually.

Hey Thanks Mr. Brownstone... I might be free early afternoon tomorrow for a bit if you are going to be there.

Ya, no worries. I have an appointment in the morning but will be home the rest of the day starting around noon. If not, I will try to get over there sometime after Thanksgiving.

ANyone know if they are still doing the public trap nights on Wednesday evenings.......I know its cold but am itching to shoot a few rounds!

I haven't shot trap before. Can I just show up on a Wednesday and try it out? I also want to drop of membership application. Been meaning to get over there for a tour since November but haven't been able to do it.

I haven't shot trap before. Can I just show up on a Wednesday and try it out? I also want to drop of membership application. Been meaning to get over there for a tour since November but haven't been able to do it.

Yes, Wednesday nights trap is open to the public

The crew that shows up for WED nights is very "chill"! Not competitive at all......just a good time. I'm not a member there but have shot on Wednesdays many times.......just tell the guy that runs it that it is your first time and he'll give you the run down.........tell you the safety rules.....probably keep a close eye on you the first round to make sure your G2G and that is it! Just show up with some target loads, eye and ear pro, a shot gun, and enough scratch to cover $4 a round and you'll have a good time. If you don't have a gun PM me and I'll see if I can get there the first time you go and you can try mine.

The crew that shows up for WED nights is very "chill"! Not competitive at all......just a good time. I'm not a member there but have shot on Wednesdays many times.......just tell the guy that runs it that it is your first time and he'll give you the run down.........tell you the safety rules.....probably keep a close eye on you the first round to make sure your G2G and that is it! Just show up with some target loads, eye and ear pro, a shot gun, and enough scratch to cover $4 a round and you'll have a good time. If you don't have a gun PM me and I'll see if I can get there the first time you go and you can try mine.

Thanks whacko, I appreciate it! I have a shotgun and all the other gear. I am a longtime wingshooter, and have shot some clays before but mostly from hand throwers or wobble trap just to warm up before hunting season. I have never done an actual competition style trap, skeet or sporting clays course and would like to check out all three. Unless something comes up I will be there tomorrow.

Thanks whacko, I appreciate it! I have a shotgun and all the other gear. I am a longtime wingshooter, and have shot some clays before but mostly from hand throwers or wobble trap just to warm up before hunting season. I have never done an actual competition style trap, skeet or sporting clays course and would like to check out all three. Unless something comes up I will be there tomorrow.

I'll have to see how much homework I get this afternoon but I might be there tonight as well.......weather is supposed to be very good!

I went to trap tonight. Had fun, though didn't hit too many in the two rounds I shot. Only three of us were there shooting which I was kind of surprised about since it was such a mild night, relatively speaking. I am going to try to make it to as many Wednesday nights as I can going forward.

I went to trap tonight. Had fun, though didn't hit too many in the two rounds I shot. Only three of us were there shooting which I was kind of surprised about since it was such a mild night, relatively speaking. I am going to try to make it to as many Wednesday nights as I can going forward.

I had too much homework and didn't make it. Those guys on Wednesday nights are very relaxed and make it a fun Wednesday night out to relax in the summer. I'll see you there eventually!

Website shows membership is closed. Is this still accurate, it said it apps might be accepted in March??

Yes. They've had a a bit of a rush in new memberships from people leaving more restrictive clubs in the area and so they want to assess the impact of the larger numbers since they are a small club. Like many ranges in the area they are in close proximity to neighborhoods and are facing increased pressure from outside.

Back
Top Bottom