• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gen 5 glocks

Let’s see, Gen 4 = brick, Early Gen 5 = brick, Later Gen 5 = brick…

Exactly...

Pigs_Polka_14.png

“brickiness” is a good thing

if I handed someone a perfectly round object like a dowel, there is no way to determine its point of direction. a Square is barely any better at providing directional info. Now a rectanglular object is perfect for transmitting directional information to the hand and thus to brain.

a Glock can be shot with precision in the absence of any sights or visual alignment. This is 100% a product of the grip shape that cues the brain into understanding the muzzle. its similar with a 1911. it’s for this reason I do not like rounded grips and much prefer a pistol with Some degree of grip elongation (front <-> rear) and mildly squared edges.

so yes understood many complain about the blockiness of a Glock. It’s there for a reason and does not prohibit use of the pistol even for a child.
I have various glocks. They are, however, still bricks, albeit functional bricks.

That's not a brick.

This.... on the other hand.... [rofl]

View attachment 545183

Are you going to remember every person with brown or blonde hair you’ll see today? Nope. But you’ll remember someone with purple hair and a dozen piercings. I doubt hi point ever changes that design because it’s one of the things that made them so well known

Are you going to remember every person with brown or blonde hair you’ll see today? Nope. But you’ll remember someone with purple hair and a dozen piercings. I doubt hi point ever changes that design because it’s one of the things that made them so well known

No, more like they can't change the design because the s*** design is part of the cost center of the gun. They're straight blowback, which means you need a massive, faggoty slide. The only reason those guns sell is because they're cheap and even that is kind of falling by the wayside... even the mega skinflints are figuring out that something like a Taurus G3 is an infinitely better buy for only marginally more money.

I’ve never thought Glocks are “Ugly” I mean compared to a 1911 coffee table gun sure but who gives a shit, the gun just flat out works for a reasonable price point.

Back
Top Bottom