• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

gas tube lever?

A fat center punch can do it. Harbor Freight has a cheap set that will work.

100_1751.jpg

I tried a ball bearing on a bayonet rivet and had lousy results but a big center punch delivered more force and a better flare.

Last edited:
figured maybe a small ball peen hammer (ball side) and place it on there and wack it with my blue point dead blow ball peen. we will see, but it's going to only be once.I hope..I did just check and have a bunch of big punches....and I think key would be to make sure the other side of the lever doesn't move out.

A fat center punch can do it. Harbor Freight has a cheap set that will work.

100_1751.jpg

I tried a ball bearing on a bayonet rivet and had lousy results but a big center punch delivered more force and a better flare.
Got the part Via Apex , fast shipping and I also ordered the same part from K-Var and haven't received that in yet (ordered the same time). What size punch is that you used Ray?

So I tried and couldn't budge it to Mushroom out, maybe because I don't have a Vise. So I called a couple places and one shop said they would call back and never did so I was pressed for my only day off in 2 weeks so I was waiting in the meanwhile for Pullman Arms to have the owner say if it was ok or not to bring it down (and wait for it) and well I got the OK . Drove an hour there and Took about 15 min and they said it was all set!! told me I didn't have to pay for it. [smile].....How nice is that?

Last edited:
So I tried and couldn't budge it to Mushroom out, maybe because I don't have a Vise. So I called a couple places and one shop said they would call back and never did so I was pressed for my only day off in 2 weeks so I was waiting in the meanwhile for Pullman Arms to have the owner say if it was ok or not to bring it down (and wait for it) and well I got the OK . Drove an hour there and Took about 15 min and they said it was all set!! told me I didn't have to pay for it. [smile].....How nice is that?

That's great! Always good to hear about a hospitable gun shop. I'll have to check them out when I'm in the area. Glad you got your baby back in order quickly.

Back
Top Bottom