G42

I wasn't shitting on the G42, it just seems like a pattern of inconsistency. Yeah that XDs recall was pretty bad... and that's me saying that who owns one. Don't forget the SR1911 rusting issue LOL.

I wasn't shitting on the G42, it just seems like a pattern of inconsistency. Yeah that XDs recall was pretty bad... and that's me saying that who owns one. Don't forget the SR1911 rusting issue LOL.

Actually, glock didn't have any teething issues that I know of prior to the Gen 4 release.

Re the 42. You simply need to find what ammo it doesn't like. I say this rather than "what it likes" because in my experience with two G42s, there was specific ammo that didn't work well. But most everything else worked fine. It had nothing to do with RN or HP. I couldn't find any trend. Both Winchester Ranger and Federal HST feed fine.

Don

Actually, glock didn't have any teething issues that I know of prior to the Gen 4 release.

Re the 42. You simply need to find what ammo it doesn't like. I say this rather than "what it likes" because in my experience with two G42s, there was specific ammo that didn't work well. But most everything else worked fine. It had nothing to do with RN or HP. I couldn't find any trend. Both Winchester Ranger and Federal HST feed fine.

Don

I should have said that. If you have a Gen4 without a burnt forehead you're not a Glock owner [rofl].

Been thinking of getting the 42, but also the ruger lc9s in muddy girl pink. Such a tough decision

They are so different in size, weight, and general bulk, that if you had a chance to hold both of them, you would never make the comparison.

In my mind, the G42's reason for being is pocket carry. Once you go for off body, or IWB, you might as well get a Ruger LC9s Pro, Kahr P9, or other slim and light 9mm. (which is still much larger than a 42) There have been internet photos of a G42 overlying a Kahr PM9. It appears to show the Kahr to be the same size or smaller than the 42. But this couldn't be farther from the truth. The Kahr, while slim compared to a G26, is much more bulky than the 42.

I say this with the utmost impartiality. My single stack 9mm of choice is a P9.

Don.

the G42 is just kinda behind the curve.

the-all-new-taurus-curve.jpg

damn straight.

They are so different in size, weight, and general bulk, that if you had a chance to hold both of them, you would never make the comparison.
Don.

va7utyte.jpg

looks pretty darn close.. don't get me wrong, i will probably still end up going glock, cause im a glock girl, but to say they are so drastically different minus weight doesn't make sense to me...

Last edited:
I like the G26 over the 42 as for the size and price I would go for p238 if you needed to go for a 380

Uh. . . have you ever held a 42? I ask because they are so different in size that someone who has held both would never say such a thing.
They are also for vastly different purposes. The 26 is too big to be pocketed by most people. Its the same thickness as a 17, or even a .45 cal G41.

Like I have said, for most of us, the G42 is a pocket gun. If you intend to wear it on your hip, you are most likely better off with a 26 or a Kahr P9. Unless, you prefer the .380 because you have difficulty with recoil. Then the G42 is a fine belt gun.

- - - Updated - - -

va7utyte.jpg

looks pretty darn close.. don't get me wrong, i will probably still end up going glock, cause im a glock girl, but to say they are so drastically different minus weight doesn't make sense to me...

This is a common mistke. Its done with the Kahr PM9 also. Look at thickness. Thats the difference.

One other thing.

I make a point of weighing every gun I own, at least if its a carry gun.

The G42 weighs 12.1 oz without a mag.
The SR9 I got for a student weighed 17.1 ounces without the mag.

The difference would be a bit more with the mag since the Ruger uses a steel MecGar mag and the Glock a plastic mag.

Don

I picked up a G42 today. I was picking up my G34 the other day and was drawn to the little bastard. I'm easy. [rofl]
Accessories ordered. Range report to follow.

Back
Top Bottom