Full safe... Now what?

Buy a cheap locking metal cabinet ($150) and store all your ammo and mags in there. And If you're in MA you're not supposed to store your guns and ammo together anyways. So you would win on two levels, being legal and making room in your safe.

Buy a cheap locking metal cabinet ($150) and store all your ammo and mags in there. And If you're in MA you're not supposed to store your guns and ammo together anyways. So you would win on two levels, being legal and making room in your safe.

l6WkFjK.jpg

Wanna cite that one?

Huh?

- - - Updated - - -

l6WkFjK.jpg

Wanna cite that one?

ahh beat me to it!

Here's another consideration.

Your home owners insurance probably caps firearms at $2k.

However, it most likely does not cap ammunition or gun accessories or parts.
So for me, I dont' worry so much about theft or fire of that stuff. Its all well documented. If it disappears, I get paid.

The obvious caveat is to check with your insurance agent. But mine told me that he's never heard of a policy capping gun parts, accessories or ammunition. He said those items are bound by the contents limits of the policy. The crazy thing is most policy limits are FAR FAR in excess of what you would ever keep in your house.

I don't recall what my contents limit is, but I remember being amazed that when i bought my first house for $157K, the minimum contents limit was $60K. I didn't own $6k worth of stuff, much less $60k. Especially when you consider that there are limits on art work, jewelery and firearms. What else is there??

I'm not saying you should be cavalier with it. But there is no sense in wasting good safe space on $500 worth of magazines.

Last edited:
I would suggest to do what I did, bring them all out on a boat deep sea fishing, throw them all in the water, keep the ones that float. Granted, I wound up losing them all and now have none, but I bought another safe just to keep the empty one company.

I would suggest to do what I did, bring them all out on a boat deep sea fishing, throw them all in the water, keep the ones that float. Granted, I wound up losing them all and now have none, but I bought another safe just to keep the empty one company.

Its like the salem witch trials. The good ones sink. The bad ones float.

Reference please. You wont find one...

I store all my guns LOADED, what good are they otherwise?

Please don't spread misinformation...

Though that would be an option... maybe for a last case scenerio... Im considering seperating my ammo in another cabinet.

Real estate space in a safe is valuable. Move everything out of the safe except for the actual firearms. There is always a simple way to lock up ammo.

All of your other stuff can be put in something like stackable plastic organizers.
6-Drawer-Rolling-Cart-with-Organizer-Top.jpg

I guess that when you "expand your collection in the future" the first part of the expansion will have to be another safe. On a happy note, that's not the worst problem in the world to have. [smile]

Where does this stuff come from?

The liberal mainstream media is powerful. Perception is reality. Why do they need laws if they can convince EVERYONE that infringement is just? Heck, cops could be convinced to do no-knock, warrantless searches for more-than-one round mags with enough Statist Propaganda.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk 2

How is it possible to not be able to afford another safe, yet be able to afford to expand the collection?

I've needed a new "safe" (cabinet for me, living in an apartment is not conducive to a 300+ lb safe) for about a year now since my first one was too small (10 gun safes only hold like 5 rifles with optics, especially when one is an AR). I said I needed a new safe but the safe always got bumped from the priority list over another gun [laugh] until I finally bought one this past December.

Back
Top Bottom