Frog Lube is Coconut Oil - You heard it here first

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but it means you would have to be pretty silly (or hard headed) to buy into the marketing and pay 100% more then it is worth.

The shit lasts forever, u don't need much to do the job. So i'll go the the store any buy coconut oil instead.

Thats it, im doing my own test.

If you want a great torture test, read the Arfcom thread written by the guy who cleans guns for the range in Vegas. They shoot 100,000+ rounds a month. On a single gun. Do the math: Nobody else comes close to that kind of volume.

Hint: They don't use frog jizz.

Try Unicon Dick Lube.

Unicorn Dick Lube®That’s right. Unicorn Dick Lube.
UDL is an odorless and glittery firearms solvent, lubricant, and corrosion inhibitor designed for military operators for use in field operations. It is made from real unicorns. Utilizing advanced technology and the newest materials, Unicorn Dick Lube® shoots out a layer of glistening protection with every application. We at UDL are committed to extensive research, detailed development, and rapid deployment of advanced weapon glittering technologies that will enable all Special Sparkle Operations personnel to effectively and confidently carry out their missions with the knowledge they have the best protection. The secret of UDL is in the magic nano-glitter (MNG). Our proprietary MNG is stronger than military grade glitters—can your lube of choice make that claim? I didn’t think so.

billymays550.jpg

Hi. Billy Mays here…

If you want a great torture test, read the Arfcom thread written by the guy who cleans guns for the range in Vegas. They shoot 100,000+ rounds a month. On a single gun. Do the math: Nobody else comes close to that kind of volume.

But have they tried it?

Coincidentally, just a few weeks ago I first heard of Frog Lube (in a YouTube video. Go figure, eh?)... Initially I thought it had something to do with Kermit and Miss Piggy...[smile]...
Went to a local gun shop just last week. There were about 6 or 7 folks I know in there, chatting etc....I mentioned to the owner I'd heard about Frog Lube and was thinking of maybe trying it on my guns...He, and literally everyone in there, immediately said out loud, in unison, "NO!!!"..."NO WAY!!"..."DON'T DO IT!!" etc etc...Literally in stereo.....You'd have thought, from the quick and adamant replies, that I'd asked "Would anyone here wanna bang Hillary Clinton?"

I walked out with my usual bottle of SLIP 2000 that I'd stopped in there for in the first place....

Never used it cause I called BS to it awhile ago. Just like that stupid "Gunzilla" stuff. Hmmmmmmmmmmm KY is a little more $$$. Looks like I finally found a use for Frog Lube.

Is this it?

125089.JPG

iconStarPlatinum.png

Team Member

USA.gif
NV, USA

offlineTab.gif

postInfoBullet.gif
postInfoBullet.gif

postInfoBullet.gif
Link To This Post

Posted: 6/27/2015 2:16:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By cttb:
Great info and thanks for sharing it! What kind of lube(s) do you use on ARs and M4s?

I talked about this in length in another thread.

We've had many companies send us samples and we've had sales rep's show up telling us how much better their products is than others. We even had a sales rep actually eat some of his product to demonstrate it's safety to us (if my armorers couldn't tell the difference between lube and gum/dip and accidentally ate some, I don't think they would be working for me). Some require a whole protocol in order to use it properly and after following the protocol, there was no notable difference that WE noticed as I am not saying their claims weren't true.

All of the lubes we have ever used worked as long as we continued to lube the weapons. Some lubes lasted longer than others but again... they ALL worked as advertised. My biggest concern is making sure it's safe for my employees and there are no issues with EPA, OSHA and disposal of the rags with the residue. Slip2000 fit our business model perfectly.

Up until about three weeks ago, the main lube we were using was Slip 2000 and the grease was also made by Slip2000. We had a rep at a local country festival give one of my managers a case of Lucas Gun Oil. The armorers asked if we could use it and I told them to get the MSDS's for it and make sure the service company didn't have an issue with cleaning the rags with it. They didn't and we tried it out. My RSO's immediately noticed that it wasn't spraying any "mist" after being lubed. That is huge for use because so many people come dressed really nice (on their way to a dinner or show after) and they could actually put more lube in the gun and keep the weapons "wet" longer. Slip2000 did the least amount of "misting" after lube but the Lucas does even better. My RSO's like it because less chance of getting lube on a customers clothes and better chance of getting tipped
icon_smile_big.gif

We continue to use the Slip2000 grease on all of the other heavy weapons like the MG42's, M60's, 240's, etc.

The only weapons to get their own special lube are the M134 miniguns. We only use TW-25 on all of our M134's.

V/R
Ron

I tried it, liked how it smelled but did not like it on my guns. Got gummy over time. Threw the bottle in the bin.

Funny how two people read the same words and hear different things.

I read the Arfcom Thread and here is what it says to me:

We get tons of free stuff and we have used it all. Everything we used worked exactly as advertised... We use Lucas Oil on most of our rental guns because the guns do not throw off as much oil mist onto the clothes of the rich well dressed drunks that come shoot our guns so we get bigger tips.

PS we use TW-25 on our mini-guns (which is what the military uses)

See this is where reading comprehension comes in.

What did my post say that you are having trouble with?

So given the fact that coconut oil is antifungal and antibiotic you could use it as a toothpaste or even to treat yeast infections. I think they should expand on their scope of applications.

See this is where reading comprehension comes in.

What did my post say that you are having trouble with?
THey use Lucas Oil because it keeps their guests clothes cleaner. EVERYTHING they have tried performed as advertised. That may have included FrogLube... depends on whether they got any for free.

Here's a newsflash for you all. Gun oils are ALL "repurposed" oils or similar compounds that are repackaged and branded. Are you really not aware of this? Hell, Fireclean just went through this a few months back when it was revealed that it was basically cooking oil (canola maybe, IIRC?). Use whatever makes you happy and makes your gun run well. And know you're paying a premium for something that is sold elsewhere at a fraction of the cost.

?). Use whatever makes you happy and makes your gun run well. And know you're paying a premium for something that is sold elsewhere at a fraction of the cost.

That is why I use synthetic motor oil. I grabbed an unopened quart I had laying around about 15 years ago and still haven't come close to needing to get another quart. Cheaper than any of the special "gun" oils.

Here's a newsflash for you all. Gun oils are ALL "repurposed" oils or similar compounds that are repackaged and branded. Are you really not aware of this? Hell, Fireclean just went through this a few months back when it was revealed that it was basically cooking oil (canola maybe, IIRC?). Use whatever makes you happy and makes your gun run well. And know you're paying a premium for something that is sold elsewhere at a fraction of the cost.

And not all oils are the same. Vegetable oils can overheat and polymerize at temperatures commonly seen in firearms, leaving behind gummy residue that is a bitch to clean and that will definitely jam shit up. Coconut oil is probably relatively well suited to that use to its high flash point, but guns with full rails (vs Glocks / M&Ps) are much more likely to have an issue at low temps. It can also go rancid and support a mold colony - things that cannot be said about Mobil 1.

And not all oils are the same. Vegetable oils can overheat and polymerize at temperatures commonly seen in firearms, leaving behind gummy residue that is a bitch to clean and that will definitely jam shit up. Coconut oil is probably relatively well suited to that use to its high flash point, but guns with full rails (vs Glocks / M&Ps) are much more likely to have an issue at low temps. It can also go rancid and support a mold colony - things that cannot be said about Mobil 1.

Coconut oil/froglube I'm sure has additives to prevent things like mold, I haven't seen any mold on anything I've froglubed. I have yet to have any gumming occur, so I'm not sure why people keep saying that gumming is an issue, the paste isn't suppose to be left on, the oil has never gummed on me....ever.

Just read that coconut can last year's without going rancid.

Last edited:
Coconut oil/froglube I'm sure has additives to prevent things like mold, I haven't seen any mold on anything I've froglubed. I have yet to have any gumming occur, so I'm not sure why people keep saying that gumming is an issue, the paste isn't suppose to be left on, the oil has never gummed on me....ever.

You may be sure they have additives to prevent mold but that surety would be unfounded.

Actually just read it can be used as a rust remover and naturally lasts years from going rancid...look it up

Actually look up frog lube and mold.

While we're at it, I'd like to report a bug in the human brain. A person should logically expect an innovative new product in gun lubes would come from a tribologist who took up shooting, not a shooter who took up tribology.

Instead, idiots everywhere fall for the miracle diet discovered by a housewife that flies in the face of medical knowledge.

There's probably a lesson or a dollar to be made there somewhere...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom